Author Topic: This could be toxic  (Read 1939 times)

john m

This could be toxic
« on: August 27, 2020, 10:59:28 am »
Were the Rugger buggers out in force last week to watch the rugby on telly if they were there could be a lot of spread next week .

A popular Dublin pub has closed after a part-time staff member tested positive for the coronavirus.

Slattery’s Pub D4 on Grand Canal Street said in a statement that it will be closed “until further notice” after a worker contracted Covid-19 outside of the workplace.

“They contracted the virus outside of their work environment,” the statement reads.

All staff members have been tested.

“However, as a precaution, all staff members are being tested and Slattery’s have taken a pro-active approach to ensure that staff follow self-isolation and contact tracing protocols.”

The statement added that closing is a “small sacrifice” to maintain the health and safety of “valued customers”.

“In the interests of health and safety, we have undertaken the difficult decision to close until further notice. While we are disappointed, it is a small price to pay to ensure the safety of our valued customers,” said owner Irial Slattery.

“All persons who need to be notified have been contacted by the HSE Contact Tracing System, and we are taking all necessary steps to ensure a safe and speedy reopening. We take our responsibility within the community very seriously and customer safety is our top priority,

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dublin-pub-closes-after-staff-member-tests-positive-for-covid-19-39482472.html

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:02:43 am by john m »

john m

Re: This could be toxic
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:15:08 am »
The recent increase in Dublin I wonder if they were able to bring it back to Slats  unusual for a pub to close ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 08:33:39 pm »
I was chatting with a publican the other day... told me that trading restrictions haven't impacted on alcohol sales to any significant extent... although not all pubs are open. Have any of the publicans' trade associations commented on the state of trade with specifics outside of inherent whinging?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 08:36:12 pm »
I was chatting with a publican the other day... told me that trading restrictions haven't impacted on alcohol sales to any significant extent... although not all pubs are open. Have any of the publicans' trade associations commented on the state of trade with specifics outside of inherent whinging?
Ironically, The Killer is closed because of the Corona virus! Ya couldn't write it. 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 08:38:42 pm »
I thought they done food?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 08:41:37 pm »
They must do or else they would not have opened, maybe there €9 meal is not sufficient to ward off the pox
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 11:44:20 pm »
No, Niall was dead against it,coming from a hotelier background. He may be installing a kitchen soon, so as to get people back to work.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 12:38:34 pm »
No, Niall was dead against it,coming from a hotelier background. He may be installing a kitchen soon, so as to get people back to work.

Back to work!! are they mad or wha?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 03:06:37 pm »
Is Niall the new owner? I'm sure they done meals before it was sold... wasn't there a pensioners special dinner on bingo afternoon?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 03:20:29 pm »
Just thought it was cheap gargle!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 04:07:49 pm »
Is Niall the new owner? I'm sure they done meals before it was sold... wasn't there a pensioners special dinner on bingo afternoon?
Yeah that's him, a Longford guy. Tom before him was either Tipperary or Mayo. Up until lockdown the place was hopping.

I guess he had caterers in for special occasions.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 10:49:11 pm »
Heard a great one the other day,
The Cherry Tree up at Walkinstown X got rid of there kitchen and have installed a Wow Burger shack/hut type of thing out there back facing on to a small carpark, that is now there "€9" meal ticket to open up and apparently they get €4 from each meal.

John's chipper, Hillbilly's and the chinks are going mad
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts