Author Topic: Cork Taxi customer. RIP.  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Belker

Cork Taxi customer. RIP.
« on: August 30, 2020, 11:28:07 pm »
I had 4 drunk young men in the cab late last Friday night from a suburban pub going home to Wilton, the lads were great craic in the cab, unfortunately one lad did not see the sun come up the next morning.

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/0829/1162022-investigation-cork-death/
have you contacted the gards
I did First thing this morning John M and made a detailed statement at Togher district Garda HQ this afternoon, the deceased lad named as Colm Casey was my front seat passenger on the fateful night, he was after a few drinks but he was a through gentleman in the cab. We stopped at a 24 hour garage on their journey home and Colm insisted on buying me something from the shop, I told him that I did not want anything but he insisted so I told him that my only virtue in life was that I do not eat between meals, so he asked me what time did I start work at ? And I told him 8.30pm, and then he asked and what did you have fer breakfast at 8.30pm ?, and I told him a slice of pizza from Fast Al's and that sent everyone in to laughter and the craic and banter continued all the way to their destination.
A nicer bunch of lads I have seldom had in the cab.
RIP Colm Casey.

Offline Belker

Re: Cork Taxi customer. RIP.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 11:45:41 pm »
I did stress in great detail to the Gardai how jovial the Taxi journey had been, and fer me fer this to end as such a tragedy has numbed me.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 02:22:06 am »
suppose it reminds you ...that you dont know the hour..or the minute
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Tony

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 07:04:40 am »
suppose it reminds you ...that you dont know the hour..or the minute

My great grandfather did, probably because the judge told him
Mr. T-bag to you

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 09:43:24 am »
Any idea wat happened ken? ...I wud assume because of the media coverage that the guardai are suspicious ......otherwise weed of never heard of the poor fellows demise
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 09:48:57 am »
Reading between the lines .Lads were mock fighting so probably got hurt with a tombstone or body slam or choked out .Looks like an accident but you never know if there was an actual fight and the lads are covering up .the CSI will look at the facts see if they all add up .Tragic end to a night out .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 06:33:35 pm »
RIP

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 12:23:08 am »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40040195.html

A man who tragically died in Cork at the weekend is believed to have fallen unconscious during 'horseplay' with friends after a night out.

Colm Casey, 28, described as “popular” and “a lovely lad”, who is said to have enjoyed wrestling, was playing with friends in the back garden of a house at Eagle Valley, Wilton.

When he fell unconscious, a friend reportedly administered CPR before paramedics arrived. He was rushed to nearby Cork University Hospital at 1.10am on Saturday but was pronounced dead in hospital.

Judging by the lads very jovial behaviour in my cab the above would make sense, and the guard who took my statement on Sunday took particular interest in how I described the craic and banter in the cab.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 12:42:09 am »
Ken.... what age were you when you lost your hair........ if it's not a personal question?

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 12:55:33 am »
Ken.... what age were you when you lost your hair........ if it's not a personal question?
I got married when I was 30 and that was the start of the decline, 10 years later I was trailing long hairs over wide plains of open ground.
Long since given up the cause and just bought a hat !

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 02:06:08 am »
I got married when I was 30 and that was the start of the decline, 10 years later I was trailing long hairs over wide plains of open ground.

I'd hate that.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 04:39:23 am »

I'd hate that.
Ah the old comb over. The provider of humour and mockery down the years. Always reminds me of the Hamlet advert years ago with yer man (played by Gregor Fisher aka Rab C. Nesbitt) in the photo booth?

https://youtu.be/xbdxm8Ia0Wc

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 10:38:15 am »
Me Da used more Supersoft hairspray than me Ma did to keep his comb over in place while walking to the boozer on a windy day....in fact he used it regardless.....coming home flutered was a different story altogether.....more akin to a wind tunnel tested hairdo!!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 11:01:45 am »
Hair 2day...Gone 2morro....Jack aka(The Giraffe)..had a lovely weeping willow on the back of his crown as did Bobby.Wonder if Mrs.Charlton was balding ?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 11:18:02 am »
Hair 2day...Gone 2morro....Jack aka(The Giraffe)..had a lovely weeping willow on the back of his crown as did Bobby.Wonder if Mrs.Charlton was balding ?

Yur kidding me coola ......I just said to meself ......I bet yu coola is goin say " hair today....gone tommmor  rofl
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts