Author Topic: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes  (Read 15658 times)

john m

Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:38:29 am »
Will all pubs open on 21st ? Im thinking NO might be local restrictions this Government have to complicate the issue .

Offline Tony

Mr. T-bag to you

Offline watty

Re: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:56:48 am »
I think they'll have to.  The rules for the wet pubs are 99% the same as the food pubs so it doesn't make sense to let one open but not the other.  The food pubs are abusing it anyways by just serving €9 burgers/pizza from the next-door chipper.

It'll be a tricky one for us as, theoretically, pubs are a bit part of our business.  Most of us are gonna see our PUP money drop on 17th Sept.  We'll be forced back to work but what work?  Esp if they start lockdowns in Dublin again.

john m

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 10:00:52 am »
I know a lad on the Temple Bar traders committee he reckoned Fedruary 2021 back in July talking to him last night he still says a lot of Dublin City Pubs DONT want to reopen .The Council have suspended the rates the insurance has been modified no wages to pay .He says No Gigs,no Sports ,No tourists +no trade .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 10:33:24 am »
The pubs are open already.If they didn't want the ones with restaurant licences to operate they could easily have said you need to spend €20 quid on food.A €9 meal isn't very much in Ireland.

I don't think there will be a massive upsiwing in business after the first couple of weekends.Still no late bars.

john m

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 10:35:40 am »
Dont take this as Gospel But the thought is .Local lockdowns by post code .If there are more than 200 ACTIVE cases per 100,000 people then local lockdown will be considered .Now The population of most Dublin Postal areas would not be 100,000 So would they decide to put 8.10,12 togeather and close Inchicore ,Drimnagh and Ballyer  area to make up the numbers .Or might they use Electoral areas ?How the Fuck can people run a business if the people making the rules dont know the rules .

john m

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 10:41:40 am »
The pubs are open already.If they didn't want the ones with restaurant licences to operate they could easily have said you need to spend €20 quid on food.A €9 meal isn't very much in Ireland.

I don't think there will be a massive upsiwing in business after the first couple of weekends.Still no late bars.

Do you not know why it was 9 euro? When I were a lad if you wanted to go to a late nightclub they had to sell food Mc Gonagles gave you a ticket and you got Cabbage and spuds and a bit of pig .I think Sacks also did food .The cost of the food was four shillings when the law was writted about 1962 .So the Government decided that as that law was still on the books they would use that to open food pubs four bob in 1962 would have the same purchasing power as 9 euro today .The original law was to keep the Chapel happy that people were going for something to eat and not dance and drink late .Thats where the ( euro bit came from

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 11:20:53 am »
Interesting...I've only seen some pensioners and dole lifers complain about the €9 food requirement.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 11:26:38 am »
And me MFH!!

Anyhoo....i used to look forward to the oul chicken n chips when we got in to Heartbreakers in the Pheeno.

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 11:31:33 am »
I've just got myself in the habit of starving myself for a few hours before going for pints.It's a genius plan until the pub doesnt force you to buy grub then you end up in a heap the next day.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 11:35:27 am »
Not starving yourself enough pal!! lol

Offline Jonno

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 11:44:22 am »
Not starving yourself enough pal!! lol
Sitting on the rank outside the courthouse here and the cream crackers are absolutely murdering one another. All started by a woman of course. It's great fun to watch when things are quiet..

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 11:47:22 am »
.^^^πYer not wrong Hal..I think I got my first hunger pain in 30 years last Sunday..

john m

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 11:56:10 am »
Big Dommo just headed off to collect a a 4 pound Pike from Billy the Bastard he will cook it for dinner .I asked him does he think the pubs will reopen .He said have a look in the newspaper or on line is there any bar mans jobs being advertised ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 11:57:26 am »
Sounds life a mid life crisis...or a panic attack!!...hunger pains....don't make me laff!!

Show Unread Posts