Author Topic: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes  (Read 15900 times)

Offline Jonno

Re: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 04:51:53 pm »
I seriously hope to fukk they never open again,same as the night clubs
Can't see night clubs opening. They'll probably let Boris be the guinea pig and jump first. Then they can say "See? We told you so"

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

dalymount

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 05:46:42 pm »
I know the pubs,and niteclubs are the core of our business,but the two big things I like is the fact that we dont have to listen to drunkin pissheads,and I had hoped that it might put dispatchers out of business.I guess I got the second one wrong,those cunts are still booming

Offline Jonno

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2020, 05:55:39 pm »
I know the pubs,and niteclubs are the core of our business,but the two big things I like is the fact that we dont have to listen to drunkin pissheads,and I had hoped that it might put dispatchers out of business.I guess I got the second one wrong,those cunts are still booming
Put your pride in your pocket John, as me oul granny used to say. If you can't beat em, join em. You'll make your living easy without having a brain haemorrhage on the ranks in town waiting 45 min for a run, and won't have to be going round looking for a different way to earn coin that you'll probably regret in a week.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 07:08:41 pm »
Here .did any of you actually get the 1000 grant yet ?

Offline Jonno

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2020, 07:31:51 pm »
Here .did any of you actually get the 1000 grant yet ?
Rang them dozens of times last week cos it's 5 weeks since I sent the forms in. Managed to get through once to be given an email address to write to. Got a reply saying she would pass it on to the case officer and I would hear from them soon. Nothing. So I was told by someone in the know to go in person. Went this morning. Queued outside in the freezing wind. Left after 15 minutes cos it didn't move one inch. Came back closer to closing time. Queued up again. Eventually got in. One guy on his own dealing with everyone. He tipped a few keys on his computer and asked me did I have a name. Luckily I did. She was still there so he got her and along she comes with my forms in hand. Points out a few boxes I hadn't filled in for vat. I said, for example, I bought the ppe in the pound shop and their till receipt does not show vat. Same for most of the stuff except fuel. Okay she's he, I'll tell "himself " whoever the fuck that is. Says I should hear next week. Also muttered something about the vat being taken off I think. Don't quote me on that though. So in short, no, certainly I haven't got anything yet and I can't imagine many boys have chased it as much as I have! She emphasised about having to keep the receipts too. In fairness she was OK. I've probably painted a bad picture of her. I could do with it. Just before that I was with my accountant for the bad news!

Online watty

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2020, 07:36:31 pm »
@ Jonno - did you try to put a new phone through for the grant?

Offline Jonno

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2020, 07:40:57 pm »
I soitainly did. She mentioned nothing about it. I lobbed in for about 1500 worth of gear in the hope that even if they don't allow for everything, I'll still get a decent few bob.

Online watty

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2020, 07:56:56 pm »
1500!  Fair play to ya   :D

I could only think of facemasks, handgels, safety screen, a vehicle service, and maybe a phone for cashless payments...

john m

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2020, 08:07:53 pm »
Public Health experts have urged the Government to postpone the reopening of wet pubs in Dublin over serious concerns over the rise in Covid-19 cases in the Capital.

The National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) has recommended calling off the reopening as another 107 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Dublin.

Nphet also called for rules on indoor gatherings to be significantly reduced to only allow two different households meet indoors.

The current rules allow six people from three different households hold indoor gatherings.

There are serious concerns in Nphet and Government over the rise in new Covid cases in family homes in Dublin.

The advice was submitted to government this afternoon and will be considered over the weekend ahead of Cabinet meeting next week.

Latest figures nationwide saw 196 new cases reported with no further deaths.

There have now been a total of 1,781 deaths and 30,360 confirmed cases.

Of the cases notified today, 103 are men and 91 are women, with 61pc under 45 years of age.

43pc are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case and 37 cases have been identified as community transmission.

107 cases are in Dublin, 12 in Waterford, 11 in Limerick, 8 in Wicklow, 7 in Meath, 7 in Kildare, 6 in Laois, 6 in Westmeath, and the remaining 32 cases are located in Cavan, Clare, Donegal, Galway, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Tipperary and Wexford.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2020, 08:11:25 pm »
And there's no Covid -19 in Russia.....or gays either!!

Offline Jonno

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2020, 08:29:13 pm »
I soitainly did. She mentioned nothing about it. I lobbed in for about 1500 worth of gear in the hope that even if they don't allow for everything, I'll still get a decent few bob.

1500!  Fair play to ya   :D

I could only think of facemasks, handgels, safety screen, a vehicle service, and maybe a phone for cashless payments...
No fuel watty? I put in for a new card reading terminal , accounting fees ppe fuel phone screen the lot..
I'll likely be told to fuck off for most of it. I'd settle for a ton at this stage

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2020, 10:24:15 pm »
Mrs. Crow showed me a posting this morning saying that the Pubs must keep the TV low so as to avoid people raising their voices and possibly spitting in the process.

I was convinced she was taking the P but apparently not.   

WTF next, probably wont allow you to take a sh1te in the boozer
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2020, 12:11:29 am »
All customers should wear their jocks outside their pants and stand on one leg while drinking . to stop the spread and flatten the curve ...........

or was that weightwatchers ?
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Online watty

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2020, 09:20:37 am »
No fuel watty? I put in for a new card reading terminal , accounting fees ppe fuel phone screen the lot..
I'll likely be told to fuck off for most of it. I'd settle for a ton at this stage

Re the fuel and accounting fees... https://www.gov.ie/en/service/739f3-enterprise-support-grant-for-buisnesses-impacted-by-covid-19/

Rate of payment
Funding will be awarded for eligible costs up to a maximum of €1,000.

Grants will be awarded on costs related to reopening your business, including:

safety measures
business advice or mentoring
repairs
fuel
wages

Normal business costs are not generally included.

Fuel:  Don't know why but I get the feeling fuel is for JCB's, diesel generators, that sort of thing.  Not filling up a taxi which could be 'normal business costs'?

Accounting fees:  We were probably tax-complaint all through the pandemic.  Would filing your tax returns not be 'normal business costs'?  Realistically, we could probably still work until our next Suitability without a tax clearance cert?

I don't know the answer - that's why this site is good for sharing info.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2020, 06:48:21 pm »
Come now, Watty. Any accountant worth his salt will throw the tax return in with some professional advice/mentoring... the latter being specifically mentioned as a qualifying expense.

Show Unread Posts