Author Topic: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes  (Read 15654 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:42 am »
I dont think the WHO can tell us what to do.The government are gonna manage the risk by locking up the old and vulnerable when they realise people are getting browned off and aren't complying with the guidelines.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:56:47 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Jonno

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2020, 09:59:50 am »

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2020, 10:15:35 am »
 rofl rofl rofl
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2020, 10:23:05 am »
I dont think the WHO can tell us what to do.The government are gonna manage the risk by locking up the old and vulnerable when they realise people are getting browned off and aren't complying with the guidelines.

I think if the figure goes above 200 per 100,000 the Who say your filthy and that triggers rules on international travel and quarantine .Government wont get away with leaving the cake and porter shops open .You saw what they did in Kildare .Slowed it down .Its also about image your granny cant get a visit in her gaff but your grandad can have a gargle and a pie .200+ more cases today in Dublin and the Pubs close I would think .

You saw yesterday one Minister thought he had the Dredded Lurgy and they all ran for cover .That sent out a message that they are willing to close down anything .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:11 am »
Maybe one more lockdown but people are gonna start protesting if they can't do what they want.As it is we don't want international travel so a WHO negative rating would be helpful.I think they're only a talking shop.Trumpy told them to get stuffed.

dalymount

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2020, 12:04:20 pm »
If people are not prepared to obey the guidelines,then fukk em as frankie would say.they are putting the gov't in an impossible position

john m

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2020, 12:14:54 pm »
Dalymount .This is my take on it .The Virus is not as deadly as they think but it damages your health in different ways depending on how good or bad your health is when you get it .It was an unknown quantity when if first struck and POSSIBLY the world over reacted .Now the problem is the medics say if you get it and damage your lungs or heart when you catch anything else you will need to be hospitalized .The big problem is pills and pillows cost a fortune a bed in a hospital for a night costs more than a bed in the Ritz for a night .This might be an Economic Virus money spent now on preventative spreadding could save billions in future hospital costs .plus we dont have enough qualified nurses and doctors .Thats my take on it .Its an Economical problem not a Medical one at the moment .

dalymount

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2020, 12:45:27 pm »
I dont disagree with ya about costs,im still waiting to see my bill for 5 weeks in beaumont,and 2 weeks in the mater plus surgery

john m

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »
THE KING HAS SPOKEN AGAIN...Leo Varadkar has warned moving to further restrictions in Dublin, could be a “death knell” to some businesses.

The Tánaiste denied Dublin has been afforded “special treatment” after immediate level 3 restrictions were avoided under new covid-19 Government plans, despite high case numbers.

john m

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2020, 03:08:05 pm »
HIS HIGHNESS SPEAKS AGAIN....Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said the Green List is to become “a real green list” freeing up people to travel to several European destinations, including for holidays, without having to restrict their movements for 14 days when they return to Ireland.

The Government’s previous overarching advice for people to avoid all non-essential overseas travel, including to Green List countries, has now been amended.

Is he the only Minister in Government are the rest on holiday in Courtown ?

john m

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2020, 03:57:27 pm »
Currently, Louth is the second hardest hit county over the last fortnight, with an incidence of 76.8. This is followed by Leitrim on 71.8.

This means that there are now two other counties in Ireland that have a higher incidence rate than Dublin did when NPHET advised wet pubs should not reopen.

While Waterford, at 64.6, Offaly, at 61.6, and Kildare, at 55.3, are also close to the levels of Covid-19 seen in Dublin last week.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2020, 04:05:24 pm »
Currently, Louth is the second hardest hit county over the last fortnight, with an incidence of 76.8. This is followed by Leitrim on 71.8.

This means that there are now two other counties in Ireland that have a higher incidence rate than Dublin did when NPHET advised wet pubs should not reopen.

While Waterford, at 64.6, Offaly, at 61.6, and Kildare, at 55.3, are also close to the levels of Covid-19 seen in Dublin last week.
Wonder who brought the pox into Leitrim? They were the poster child. Double figures for months.
The schools are boosting the numbers here in Louth. My sister's young 'fla is locked in his bedroom waiting for a test result since yesterday.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline Jonno

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2020, 04:09:35 pm »

Wonder who brought the pox into Leitrim? They were the poster child. Double figures for months.
The schools are boosting the numbers here in Louth. My sister's young 'fla is locked in his bedroom waiting for a test result since yesterday.

If he was a baldy minister he'd have the result in the length of time you're allowed to stay in a pub with your 9euro meal.

john m

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2020, 05:13:58 pm »
Leitrim probably Imported by Hiace .

Online watty

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2020, 05:18:52 pm »
HIS HIGHNESS SPEAKS AGAIN....Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said the Green List is to become “a real green list” freeing up people to travel to several European destinations, including for holidays, without having to restrict their movements for 14 days when they return to Ireland.

The Government’s previous overarching advice for people to avoid all non-essential overseas travel, including to Green List countries, has now been amended.

Is he the only Minister in Government are the rest on holiday in Courtown ?

Probably cause he's the only one who can string a sentence today.  Some FG-er (Hildegarden?) was on the PK show this morning.  All was going well until someone phoned in and asked her to explain how the official advice was not to travel to Donegal but flying to Poland was ok...  She ended up talking about Germany for some reason.

Show Unread Posts