Author Topic: Border or no Border  (Read 606 times)

Offline john m

Border or no Border
« on: September 10, 2020, 10:31:35 pm »
Call it will there be a hard border or not .I have always told you I believe the Brits will crash out and there will be a hard border and the troubles will kick off again .I really hope Im wrong .

Offline stonethecrows

Re: Border or no Border
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 10:34:29 pm »
Is the Brexit topic Full ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline john m

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 10:39:02 pm »

Will there be a Border if there is whats the story for jobs in Ireland If a few 100,000 people lose their jobs its not going to be good for our trade .We need to have some sort of plan in place .If there is a Border the cost of importing cars from the UK will shoot up might make part worn WAVs to expensive to import .Lot of lads who hold WAT licences will need to find replacements .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 10:42:52 pm »

Will there be a Border if there is whats the story for jobs in Ireland If a few 100,000 people lose their jobs its not going to be good for our trade .We need to have some sort of plan in place .If there is a Border the cost of importing cars from the UK will shoot up might make part worn WAVs to expensive to import .Lot of lads who hold WAT licences will need to find replacements .
We shall fight them on the beaches....

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline john m

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 10:47:02 pm »
I wonder what the effect will be on British Imports will the VRT include VAT as the UK is no longer in the EU so no VAT has been paid on the vehicle in Europe .Could have a major impact on the availability of Part worn Vehicles .

Offline U Wha

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 11:51:31 am »

Already too expensive to import with new Government NOx Emissions duty introduced in January 2020. I was considering importing a WAT. I entered the details on the Revenue VRT Calculator and got a estimate of over €3.5k for VRT, CO2 and NOx duty. That price can vary depending on level of emissions. Apparently a NOx flat rate of €600 for petrols.

Almost €10k between cost of car, exchange rate and VRT.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:59:57 am by U Wha »

Offline U Wha

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 12:20:49 pm »
Just had a look at a 2015 petrol peugeot WAT.
£6490 or €7023
Combined VRT OF €1732
Total €8750ish plus ferry, time and effort.
Less €2500 with the 2020 WAT grant
So if you dont mind a petrol you can get on the road for about €6500 and still good for ten years with the NTA.
if you are prepared to shop around in the UK, it might save another few quid.
Less risky decision with current situation because if it doesnt work the market here for used WATs is limited.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 12:31:44 pm »
has there been any deal struck with relation to customs duty and vat.
if you buy a car from england you'll be hit for customs duty because it's coming from outside the EU.
but is'nt northern Ireland supposed to be kinda sorta still part of the EU/UK so maybe you could shop up north.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 12:37:48 pm »
has there been any deal struck with relation to customs duty and vat.
if you buy a car from england you'll be hit for customs duty because it's coming from outside the EU.
but is'nt northern Ireland supposed to be kinda sorta still part of the EU/UK so maybe you could shop up north.
There'll be feck all of a deal on anything the way it's going

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline john m

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 02:49:02 pm »
Alot of the UK partworn WATs were available because you could get a grant to renew after 6 years from Gov.uk .Brexit will knock lumps out of their Health Budget those grants might end .Problem for lads with WAT licences is then need to find a replacement WAV to replace what they have and who knows by the time they need to renew we might be talking electric only .How the fuck can you plan a business when the goalposts keep moving .

Offline mercenary for hire

• Welcome to the autistic forum.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 02:51:16 pm »
In fairness the goalposts move extremely slowly.

Offline john m

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 03:16:01 pm »
In fairness the goalposts move extremely slowly.

Cabbages didnt wait long to close down half the city and build loads of bike lanes .The EU might decide to go Green all over as soon as there are viable electric cars made in the EU.

Offline mercenary for hire

• Welcome to the autistic forum.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 03:30:54 pm »
I dunno if we've ever had an original idea in this country. I was watching the English news and they have all them segregated bicycle lanes in London too.That must have been where they saw them first.

Offline dalymount

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 04:48:24 pm »
I see the UK have secured their first free trade agreement since brexit with Japan

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 05:10:10 pm »
Didn't know that they had brexitted from Japan. With whom have they obtained a new trade agreement?
"Oh Mama, can this really be the end, to be stuck inside a taxi with the Chinese pox again". Apologies to the other  Bob.

Show Unread Posts