Author Topic: Well Done Dalymount  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Well Done Dalymount
« on: September 12, 2020, 08:43:10 pm »
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bohemian-fc-raises-10-000-from-sale-of-refugees-welcome-jersey-1.4352848?mode=amp

Bohemian FC raises €10,000 from sale of ‘Refugees Welcome’ jersey

The money will be spent on laptops to allow students in direct provision to learn remotely

Ronan McGreevy
Fri, Sep 11, 2020, 20:05

Bohemian FC has raised €10,000 from sales of its second strip this season, which carries the message “Refugees Welcome”.

The money will be spent on 35 laptops, which will be donated to students in direct provision centres to allow them to learn remotely amid the Covid-19 crisis.

The club sold more than 400 of the shirts in June in 20 different countries, including many to the US in the wake of the George Floyd killing.

Bohs donated 100 per cent of the profits from the “Refugees Welcome” jersey to the Movement of Asylum Seekers in Ireland (MASI).

The club had also been involved in bringing residents of direct provision centres to games. Before the coronavirus pandemic, it had a prominent banner that said “Refugees Welcome” displayed at home games.

Bohs, who are currently second in the League of Ireland table behind Shamrock Rovers, have been struggling financially without any supporters at games for the last six months as a result of the Covid-19 crisis.

Bohs chief operating officer Daniel Lambert said the Covid-19 pandemic has been a “tough time for everybody”, but the club decided to forge ahead with the MASI donation because “we wanted to shine a light on something that is important both locally and globally.

“We are delighted to show solidarity with people in that position. We made the decision to allow our shirt to be used as a platform, alongside Amnesty International, to highlight a very real and pressing issue in Ireland today.

“Football is a universal language, and it can be a vehicle for great good in our society.”

dalymount

Re: Well Done Dalymount
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 09:23:14 pm »
There is one man in particular responsible for all this shite in dalymount.a fella called Daniel Lambert.he was recently appointed  chief operating officer.he is extremely left wing,and has taken the club down that road as well.what he doesn't realize is,there is an extreme right wing element within the club who want him out.im in the middle somewhere ,but I have argued with other members that I dont believe football clubs should be making political statements,and to put refugees welcome on our shirts,cannot be seen as anything other then a political statement regardless of what your personal beliefs are

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:46:23 pm »
S'pose it's the next best thing to the Bob Marley shirts they didn't get!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 09:51:54 pm »
Still, an excellent result for the recipients of the laptops. Credit where credit is due.

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 10:14:53 pm »
Well I have to admit Lambert has really put the club on the map both financially,and support wise. 2500 season tickets alone sold at the start of the season.he is really bringing a lot to the club,now wethef thats because I
Of his love for migrants,or a good business sense,I dont know,but who cares it works

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 05:29:24 am »
Well I have to admit Lambert has really put the club on the map both financially,and support wise. 2500 season tickets alone sold at the start of the season.he is really bringing a lot to the club,now wethef thats because I
Of his love for migrants,or a good business sense,I dont know,but who cares it works
+€1.8mill for Matt Doherty.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Jonno

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 07:59:27 am »
+€1.8mill for Matt Doherty.
It's a pity Bohs had to be the unfortunate ones to be stung by the parting shot of Mr "Pub League" himself before he moved on to pastures new. I'd prefer if it had been Rovers.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 09:26:44 am »
Thanks Jonno,Sheridan is a prick.wasn't a bad player though

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 10:39:57 am »
Still, an excellent result for the recipients of the laptops. Credit where credit is due.
Like, they didn't already have laptops ?
I reckon the majority of the new laptops are up on ebay already.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 02:18:06 pm »
Like, they didn't already have laptops ?
I reckon the majority of the new laptops are up on ebay already.
Who's going pay for the Wi-Fi now ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 11:58:01 am »
There is one man in particular responsible for all this shite in dalymount.a fella called Daniel Lambert.he was recently appointed  chief operating officer.he is extremely left wing,and has taken the club down that road as well.what he doesn't realize is,there is an extreme right wing element within the club who want him out.im in the middle somewhere ,but I have argued with other members that I dont believe football clubs should be making political statements,and to put refugees welcome on our shirts,cannot be seen as anything other then a political statement regardless of what your personal beliefs are

When you say "left wing",you mean hes decent,caring,and wishes to help those in need.
This "left wing" thing seems like a terrible idea alright

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 06:22:32 pm »
I suggest you pay a visit to a direct provision centre, Ken. I think they get about €30/week and they're expected to put kids through school, etc, etc. Getting Asylum is like winning the lotto after living on crumbs... Dole + Child Benefit + HSE/HAP/Council gaff + 365 prams per child per year, + + +...

Show Unread Posts