Author Topic: Bolt app launching in Dublin  (Read 9208 times)

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
Bolt app launching in Dublin
« on: September 16, 2020, 01:57:40 pm »
Folks, Luke here from Bolt, we’re Europe's leading ride-hailing company, launching Dublin this month. I thought it might make sense to jump on here and talk about what makes us different.

I know, it probably sounds odd given how difficult things are, to launch now, but if we can do anything to lower driver overheads and get people moving safely, then it’ll be worth it.

We’re in 150 other cities, mainly in Europe, and the business is designed to be the most cost-efficient and frugal company in mobility. We operate efficiently so we can pass the savings on to drivers and charge less than the competition.

* Our commission is 10%.
   * Your tips are yours.
   * Drivers are dispatched to the closest customers, always.
   * No driver tiers or playing with how you make a living.
   * Lots of passenger incentives. Our goal is to get the city moving again, safely.

If you want to see competition in Dublin, you can sign-up here: https://partners.bolt.eu/
Or sign-up in our office on Pearse St here: https://bolt-dublin.as.me/schedule.php

Cheers!

Offline watty

Re: Bolt app launching in Dublin
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 02:06:03 pm »
Welcome.

https://partners.bolt.eu/driver-signup?utm_campaign=bolt-drivers&utm_medium=drive-dta&utm_source=website
Q: How much do I pay Bolt?
A: We do not have any monthly fees, so you only pay for finished trips. We usually ask for 10% to 20% of the ride fee, depending on your city. You can get more information by contacting us.

So, is it 10% until it's not?  Do you charge 10% until you get your foot in the door and then ramp it up?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 02:32:01 pm »
signed up to Bolt ages ago, never heard back from them as promised. Trie to sign up again on EU link given. See below,

"You have already signed up with this email on 12/01/2020
Someone should contact you in a few days after registration. Please check your inbox for emails from Bolt in case if you have missed anything important regarding your registration."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:35:44 pm by Bob Shillin »
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 02:45:39 pm »
We ate getting to a stage now,where there is nearly more fukin dispatchers,then there is drivers.will these people not fukk off and leave us alone.I will say to this crowd bolt YOU LIKE ALL DISPATCHERS ARE NOT NEEDED WE CAN OPERATE WITHOUT FUKIN LEECH DISPATCHERS

Offline Jonno

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:54:05 pm »
We ate getting to a stage now,where there is nearly more fukin dispatchers,then there is drivers.will these people not fukk off and leave us alone.I will say to this crowd bolt YOU LIKE ALL DISPATCHERS ARE NOT NEEDED WE CAN OPERATE WITHOUT FUKIN LEECH DISPATCHERS
Jaysus

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:57:10 pm »
Aren't they great only taking 10%, then they will be looking for more. then they will be trying to get rideshare and every tom dick and harry driving to put us off the road. The likes of these have the potential to be as bad as freenow or even worse than Uber.

john m

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:08:27 pm »
FUCK OFF

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 03:14:58 pm »
All competition should be welcomed except when it's in the form of more taxis and lower fares.

Something tells me Bolt started off in the UK with lots of bonuses but ended up offering discounts.I'll dig out the youtube video.

Here it is second app reviewed.Drop below 4.5 stars and you're deactivated.Also Bolt seem very fond of discounts.I'm out.

https://youtu.be/w1eCpfZsAd8
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:19:33 pm by mercenary for hire »

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 03:57:40 pm »
Considering the amount of these cunts already operating in our industry,im surprised they want to come in.I ALSO HOPE WE GO INTO LICKDOWN FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND KEARNS KELLY AND EBBS GO BUST FUKK EM THE BASTARDS

Offline Jonno

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 03:59:32 pm »
Considering the amount of these cunts already operating in our industry,im surprised they want to come in.I ALSO HOPE WE GO INTO LICKDOWN FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND KEARNS KELLY AND EBBS GO BUST FUKK EM THE BASTARDS
Don't think Luke'll he visiting this forum again in a hurry! Message received. Over and out.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 04:14:05 pm »
Its  gas ....yu can fail your licence test if yu dont have a pen .....but a foreign app company can come in and control who gets the work and ride yu for 15% .........

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 04:48:21 pm »
Yer wrong ockie.NONE of these cunts can do ANYTHING without drivers,but the drivers have chose to give them a foothold in the game,and indeed they now run the kip in the shape of FN mostly

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 05:02:49 pm »
Yer wrong ockie.NONE of these cunts can do ANYTHING without drivers,but the drivers have chose to give them a foothold in the game,and indeed they now run the kip in the shape of FN mostly

The new generation cant poo  without an app daily ....apps are here to stay ....they find sex wit an app . Examine ther poop consistency within app .monitor ther heart rate ( god knows why ) wit an app ....hell most of them crash ther car looking at an app ......you need to get over that fact  ...they demand it .....its the fault of the government not the drivers for not regulatingthe app ....that was me point .
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline watty

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 05:28:16 pm »
Some serious allegations in the linked article.  It's badly written and I don't know if the guy has an agenda.

Bolt, between fares issues and drivers dismissals, is in the controversy (Driver App London, Nov 2019)

Drivers are deactivated for not confirming trips
One of the main reasons of this dissatisfaction is the heavy hand style sanction policy. Indeed, any driver that does not confirm more than 60% of trips is hit by a deactivation process that works in 3 bursts. Firstly, a 24-hour ban falls on drivers. A one-week deactivation is the sanction on the second time. Finally, BOLT lets drivers know that they are banned for 10 years when it happens a third time.
<snip>
Furthermore, it appears that BOLT forgot to mention that to drivers at any point before applying this policy. In truth, that was never mentionned during induction sessions or even through emails, texts and newsletters. This lack of communication makes the situation more unfair and unjust.
Refuse enough jobs and you get booted.  For 10 years after the 3rd 'offence'!

Fares that are inaccurately calculated paid or not paid at all / BOLT does not pay drivers for some long trips
Fares dispute is another of the complaint that drivers have towards BOLT. Firstly, many of them have declared not being paid for long trips. Generally, it is because the credit or debit card used for the journey was fraudulent. As stated in one of their clause, BOLT reserves the right to not pay trips that are fraudulently ordered and could give in exchange a compensation of £80.
If someone pays by dodgy credit card, it's your problem & not Bolt's!

- BOLT refuses to pay the right amount when incorrectly calculated
- Lack of transparency on fares calculation
- The unreliability of the app is also a cause

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 05:41:54 pm »
I tend to agree with MfH, competition is welcome. If the launch goes ahead I'll give it a try provided it's open to all licensed drivers - I have tried all such apps to date, in fact I remember being iCabbie's only driver back in the day - and switch off if/when the commission increases or I'm refused a payment or otherwise have a row with them.

Show Unread Posts