Author Topic: Bolt app launching in Dublin  (Read 9209 times)

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
Re: Bolt app launching in Dublin
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »
Welcome.

https://partners.bolt.eu/driver-signup?utm_campaign=bolt-drivers&utm_medium=drive-dta&utm_source=website
Q: How much do I pay Bolt?
A: We do not have any monthly fees, so you only pay for finished trips. We usually ask for 10% to 20% of the ride fee, depending on your city. You can get more information by contacting us.

So, is it 10% until it's not?  Do you charge 10% until you get your foot in the door and then ramp it up?

It's 10% in Dublin, that's a generic answer because we're in 150 cities the fees range for each city. For example, we have different fee's in London than we do in Vienna. We tend to always be the lowest on the market.

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 06:33:44 pm »
signed up to Bolt ages ago, never heard back from them as promised. Trie to sign up again on EU link given. See below,

"You have already signed up with this email on 12/01/2020
Someone should contact you in a few days after registration. Please check your inbox for emails from Bolt in case if you have missed anything important regarding your registration."

PM'd.

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 06:42:22 pm »
All competition should be welcomed except when it's in the form of more taxis and lower fares.

Something tells me Bolt started off in the UK with lots of bonuses but ended up offering discounts.I'll dig out the youtube video.

Here it is second app reviewed.Drop below 4.5 stars and you're deactivated.Also Bolt seem very fond of discounts.I'm out.

https://youtu.be/w1eCpfZsAd8

We don't auto block drivers in Dublin based on rating and we don't discount prices, unless we're paying for the discount. A drivers take take home pay would never be affected by a promotion we run.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 06:45:55 pm »
All competition should be welcomed except when it's in the form of more taxis and lower fares.

Something tells me Bolt started off in the UK with lots of bonuses but ended up offering discounts.I'll dig out the youtube video.

Here it is second app reviewed.Drop below 4.5 stars and you're deactivated.Also Bolt seem very fond of discounts.I'm out.

We don't auto block drivers in Dublin based on rating and we don't discount prices, unless we're paying for the discount. A drivers take take home pay would never be affected by a promotion we run.
Hi Luke, and tell us this ,what is your title ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 06:47:58 pm »
Considering the amount of these cunts already operating in our industry,im surprised they want to come in.I ALSO HOPE WE GO INTO LICKDOWN FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND KEARNS KELLY AND EBBS GO BUST FUKK EM THE BASTARDS
Don't think Luke'll he visiting this forum again in a hurry! Message received. Over and out.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have posted here if I didn't want have an open discussion. Some want competition, others don't. Each to their own. We'll do our best to make sure we don't make the mistakes others have.

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 06:50:31 pm »
I tend to agree with MfH, competition is welcome. If the launch goes ahead I'll give it a try provided it's open to all licensed drivers - I have tried all such apps to date, in fact I remember being iCabbie's only driver back in the day - and switch off if/when the commission increases or I'm refused a payment or otherwise have a row with them.

Thanks!, yes, open to all licensed drivers.

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 06:53:15 pm »

Country Manager, if that helps! We use ratings to know the level of service a driver is providing to passengers. If alarming, we'll talk to the driver first about bringing it up. If it continues, we'd consider a block.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2020, 07:24:04 pm »

Country Manager, if that helps! We use ratings to know the level of service a driver is providing to passengers. If alarming, we'll talk to the driver first about bringing it up. If it continues, we'd consider a block.

Yu see that's me problem wit freenow ....an yur doing it too .....do you get stars off your mot after you perform at night ?
Now I'm not trying to be impolite luke ....I wish any competition well and if you treat drivers well then you can kick the likes of freenow with ther priority ranking 5 stars bollocks out of the country with drivers support ...thers huge resentment out ther because yous dont seem to realise that most taxi drivers are grown ups ...  .the last time I got a gold star was off me ma cause I didnt wet the bed ....think I nailed it after me 18 th birthday but I'm probably the exception....
Now if your offering that sort of hogwash like freenow is .....then your going get the same resentments.....
Thers am owl basic of management of people  I learned in me first week at college ....tink it was called the carrot or stick or sumtin .....how to get a donkey to pull the cart for yu ....now I'm not a donkey but if you want to treat me like a partner in business...then I'll jump tru hoops for ya cause " wer all in this together for the mutual good ....symbiotic relationship I think david attenborough calls it .....
Anyway ....I'm self employed ....I provide the means to get people from A to B ...insurance, the vehicle , maintenance etc and me knowledge around town and my way with the ladies so theyll come back for another trip again ....
Now you provide some of my customers.....as soon as you start looking down on me an threatening me wit sanctions and gold stars an all that bolix then you arnt me friend anymore .....how come you people in these apps cant understand that ?
I'll join bolt if .....nearest car gets job
The stars shite is fuked out of it
The threatening is fuked out of it
Absolutely no ambassadors lick arse shite
No priority shite
Keep it simple and I'm in ....an I've a lovely brand new ( nearly)  electric vehicle waitin at yur disposal .....
Good luck with yur app
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:29:29 pm by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2020, 07:28:03 pm »
Welcome.

https://partners.bolt.eu/driver-signup?utm_campaign=bolt-drivers&utm_medium=drive-dta&utm_source=website
Q: How much do I pay Bolt?
A: We do not have any monthly fees, so you only pay for finished trips. We usually ask for 10% to 20% of the ride fee, depending on your city. You can get more information by contacting us.

So, is it 10% until it's not?  Do you charge 10% until you get your foot in the door and then ramp it up?

It's 10% in Dublin, that's a generic answer because we're in 150 cities the fees range for each city. For example, we have different fee's in London than we do in Vienna. We tend to always be the lowest on the market.do you people not understand YOU ARE NOT NEEDED NOW FUKK OFF taxi drivers are self employed,at least that is the theory,se DO NOT need you cunts trying to exploit us further
[/qu

dalymount

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2020, 07:32:33 pm »

Country Manager, if that helps! We use ratings to know the level of service a driver is providing to passengers. If alarming, we'll talk to the driver first about bringing it up. If it continues, we'd consider a block.1now here ya go.this crowd are not even operating here yet,and ALREADY they are trying to treat you like an employee,and tell you how you have to run your business.for my own d
Sake I have to stop reading this forum,because it makes my fukin blood boil

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2020, 07:39:54 pm »

Country Manager, if that helps! We use ratings to know the level of service a driver is providing to passengers. If alarming, we'll talk to the driver first about bringing it up. If it continues, we'd consider a block.1now here ya go.this crowd are not even operating here yet,and ALREADY they are trying to treat you like an employee,and tell you how you have to run your business.for my own d
Sake I have to stop reading this forum,because it makes my fukin blood boil

Daily fuk sake yur owl ticker ...be carefull ......
We can listen to the man ......yu never know they mite start listening to us
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline vandriver

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2020, 07:52:48 pm »
Your zoom call last Monday glitched out on me.Will you be doing another?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2020, 09:11:33 pm »

The answer helps but the ! was not called for, I'm a grown adult and have been through many positions in my 62 years on this planet, I do like to know who I'm dealing with. Little bit of advice for you when dealing with people , it's always nice to introduce yourself properly if you want to do business with people.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2020, 09:21:11 pm »
I'll have a go.
So Luke , tell us all about yourself.
How many years of experience have you personally in the taxi business?
What is you background?
Why is your company one that drivers should sign up to?
Compared to others out there, what advantage is it to a driver to sign up with bolt?
You say its 10% commission, how long will that commission be  before you increase it to a higher %
Why are you launching now in Dublin during a pandemic?
I await with interest

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2020, 09:31:57 pm »
Your zoom call last Monday glitched out on me.Will you be doing another?
Are you confusing "Bolt" with "Cabapp"?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Show Unread Posts