Author Topic: Bolt app launching in Dublin  (Read 9221 times)

john m

Re: Bolt app launching in Dublin
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2020, 09:28:00 am »
Ermy speaking of stupid...were you not chasing Freenow's bonuses like some sort of demented moron only last year.In fact I think your still waiting on unpaid bonuses from 2013/2014..RC will know.

At least three drivers I know on the app I've spoken to have been getting getting priority by getting their kids to book them on their smartphones.Makes me laugh that so many are gaming the system to all be back in the same place.

Let me refresh your memory Merc the first bo bo was cover 20 jobs before midnight I hit 19 at about 11 oc then nothing so the next bobo I didnt PRE register and got all the work I wanted then looked for my bobo as it never said Preregister just register but the BIG point I was making long before they came clean on Priority and Ambassadors was that they were running a logorithm which distributed work to favorites  .and I was proved right .Really you didnt understand that after all this time ?Will you be signing up for Bolt ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2020, 09:41:03 am »
I understand the app. I know exactly the shite that goes on.Anyone who has covered one app job in the last ten years is responsible for what we have today.Daly may not have signed up but he's a crusty old pensioner so has the luxury of not needing money.We're all part of the problem until we decide to switch it off together.

I'll sign up to anything when I eventually return.Maybe by then other apps will have gotten some legs.

john m

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:51 am »
Merc I have decided not to return if I can get a brush and mop job somewhere .Ill keep the licence live for my pension .Brexit and Cough will impact on the industry for a few years .I want a job no responsibility fed up running a business responsible for others and their performance I want to be a plug and play worker .

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2020, 09:58:08 am »
Fair enough John but why are yis desperate to hang on to the plate?Between now and pension age you'd spend 30k on fresh motors to keep it active.Let it go and buy a wheely when the time comes.Maybe by then they'll be giving free plates for leccy car buyers.Way off topic..

Also I've 11 months to reactivate my own.Doesn't bother me if I lose it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:03:42 am by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2020, 10:28:25 am »
Bad business decisions Merc I have no pension provision two and change wont pay the bills in ten years time might need the taxi to top up my pension .Might just rent or loan out the plate to somebody to keep it live .Gig economy in a few years there might not be a taxi trade just rideshare or the real biggie free public transport to save the planet .I was in Rialto Drivers gaff last week his kid just got his leaving not interested in College but he hasent a clue what to do .Wanted to be a mechanic but recons electric cars you will need to be an electrical technician not a mechanic with the definition of work changing so much what trade do you follow .I thought chippy .Welding is now done by robotics if you had the interest undertaking everybody will die .Nurse or Doctor everybody will get sick .It must be terrible for kids to have to make those decisions I listen to kids on the telly destroyed because they didnt get the marks they needed to follow their bliss .Even good education is no job winner the amount of people I know with degrees in menial jobs Education is now only a saleable commodity no guarentee of success .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2020, 11:04:43 am »
..daily ....yur going over the same line again an again it's very tedious me owl friend ......its the  ownership of the technology that I've the problem with and the abuse of it .... not the technology itself ..the app brings us to the customers door in the pissin rain and for the most part ...its infinitely safer than  street work and the new generation demand it ...........you   already proved yourself wen you  says yu earning less than 205 a week ...thers a bloke on here earning multiple times that as an ambassadors licky lacky in the middle of a pandemic on a 35 hour week .....hes earning more than I did before the pandemic ...do you not see that thers blokes going around picking up your customers because your customers want to use ther phone and that's the reason your only getting 200 a week ?

If you are retired and getting the pension and a work pension and  200 a week from a taxi ....that adds up to a weekly livable wage with yur mortgage paid ....you are  talking from a very  privileged position and can afford to give out fuk and sit at the local rank or pub  .
But you cannot condemn blokes  who have mortgages, college,school going kids and a mot that mite not be working and in some cases paying a mortgage and rent in a bed sit  ......its sink or swim time ........they have to grab  any advantage going and that is all to  the advantage of these foreign app companies .... the problem is compounded by a government who  allowed the taxi numbers to be oversupplied again without consideration as to the consequences for drivers in the inevitable down turn ...freenow have a monopoly ...ide love to see competition to them ...but it hasnt happened yet
Ide like to believe bolt is different than freenow ....but they are not ...none of them apps are .....they already have shown ther cards ......they are just another business that is solely profit based and will screw anyone they can givin the chance ....its called capitalism
That protest last week should have included
technology Regulation ....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:10:16 am by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Jonno

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2020, 11:12:36 am »
..daily ....yur going over the same line again an again it's very tedious me owl friend ......its the  ownership of the technology that I've the problem with and the abuse of it .... not the technology itself ..the app brings us to the customers door in the pissin rain and for the most part ...its infinitely safer than  street work and the new generation demand it ...........you   already proved yourself wen you  says yu earning less than 205 a week ...thers a bloke on here earning multiple times that as an ambassadors licky lacky in the middle of a pandemic on a 35 hour week .....hes earning more than I did before the pandemic ...do you not see that thers blokes going around picking up your customers because your customers want to use ther phone and that's the reason your only getting 200 a week ?

If you are retired and getting the pension and a work pension and  200 a week from a taxi ....that adds up to a weekly livable wage with yur mortgage paid ....you are  talking from a very  privileged position and can afford to give out fuk and sit at the local rank or pub  .
But you cannot condemn blokes  who have mortgages, college,school going kids and a mot that mite not be working and in some cases paying a mortgage and rent in a bed sit  ......its sink or swim time ........they have to grab  any advantage going and that is all to  the advantage of these foreign app companies .... the problem is compounded by a government who  allowed the taxi numbers to be oversupplied again without consideration as to the consequences for drivers in the inevitable down turn ...freenow have a monopoly ...ide love to see competition to them ...but it hasnt happened yet
Ide like to believe bolt is different than freenow ....but they are not ...none of them apps are .....they already have shown ther cards ......they are just another business that is solely profit based and will screw anyone they can givin the chance ....its called capitalism
That protest last week should have included
technology Regulation ....
Boyd Barrett doing the nut on radio eireann over taxi drivers and musicians. Fair play

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2020, 11:35:22 am »
Look what I found....ah the memories..

Offline luke_m

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2020, 11:38:48 am »
All competition should be welcomed except when it's in the form of more taxis and lower fares.

Something tells me Bolt started off in the UK with lots of bonuses but ended up offering discounts.I'll dig out the youtube video.

Here it is second app reviewed.Drop below 4.5 stars and you're deactivated.Also Bolt seem very fond of discounts.I'm out.

https://youtu.be/w1eCpfZsAd8

We don't auto block drivers in Dublin based on rating and we don't discount prices, unless we're paying for the discount. A drivers take take home pay would never be affected by a promotion we run.
Hi Luke, and tell us this ,what is your title ?

Country Manager, if that helps! We use ratings to know the level of service a driver is providing to passengers. If alarming, we'll talk to the driver first about bringing it up. If it continues, we'd consider a block.

Yu see that's me problem wit freenow ....an yur doing it too .....do you get stars off your mot after you perform at night ?
Now I'm not trying to be impolite luke ....I wish any competition well and if you treat drivers well then you can kick the likes of freenow with ther priority ranking 5 stars bollocks out of the country with drivers support ...thers huge resentment out ther because yous dont seem to realise that most taxi drivers are grown ups ...  .the last time I got a gold star was off me ma cause I didnt wet the bed ....think I nailed it after me 18 th birthday but I'm probably the exception....
Now if your offering that sort of hogwash like freenow is .....then your going get the same resentments.....
Thers am owl basic of management of people  I learned in me first week at college ....tink it was called the carrot or stick or sumtin .....how to get a donkey to pull the cart for yu ....now I'm not a donkey but if you want to treat me like a partner in business...then I'll jump tru hoops for ya cause " wer all in this together for the mutual good ....symbiotic relationship I think david attenborough calls it .....
Anyway ....I'm self employed ....I provide the means to get people from A to B ...insurance, the vehicle , maintenance etc and me knowledge around town and my way with the ladies so theyll come back for another trip again ....
Now you provide some of my customers.....as soon as you start looking down on me an threatening me wit sanctions and gold stars an all that bolix then you arnt me friend anymore .....how come you people in these apps cant understand that ?
I'll join bolt if .....nearest car gets job
The stars shite is fuked out of it
The threatening is fuked out of it
Absolutely no ambassadors lick arse shite
No priority shite
Keep it simple and I'm in ....an I've a lovely brand new ( nearly)  electric vehicle waitin at yur disposal .....
Good luck with yur app

Haha, I agree with you on most of that!

Let’s start with the stars… Passengers use a platform like Bolt so they know the service they’re getting, it reflects on the Bolt if they get a bad service. We want passengers to be confident they’re going to get a good service with Bolt. Whether it’s stars, comments, phone calls, emails, we do have to have a way to make sure users let us know if they’ve had a good or a bad service.

Same for drivers, we want drivers to be confident picking up passengers on Bolt.  Drivers can rate passengers and we can ban a rider if we don’t want them to get matched with a driver on our platform.

On to driver tiers. Couldn’t agree with you more. We don’t try to play or gamify how drivers make a living, with points, or car wraps or priority or whatever.  We don’t have a priority system, it’s a fair market for all drivers.

Yes, nearest driver get first pick on nearest passenger. You have 20 seconds to accept, otherwise it goes to next nearest. It’s what’s worked in 150 other cities and over 1 million drivers. Keep it simple.

Hopefully that’s helpful!

john m

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2020, 11:55:56 am »
Bolt me bollox If the passenger gives me a bad rating and you punish me what legal recourse do I have to Compensation for injury caused to my business .Go fuck off you and your app .Like I said you want us to give our passengers to you then pay you for giving us access to our own work .

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2020, 12:01:27 pm »
All competition should be welcomed except when it's in the form of more taxis and lower fares.

Something tells me Bolt started off in the UK with lots of bonuses but ended up offering discounts.I'll dig out the youtube video.

Here it is second app reviewed.Drop below 4.5 stars and you're deactivated.Also Bolt seem very fond of discounts.I'm out.

We don't auto block drivers in Dublin based on rating and we don't discount prices, unless we're paying for the discount. A drivers take take home pay would never be affected by a promotion we run.
Hi Luke, and tell us this ,what is your title ?

Country Manager, if that helps! We use ratings to know the level of service a driver is providing to passengers. If alarming, we'll talk to the driver first about bringing it up. If it continues, we'd consider a block.

Yu see that's me problem wit freenow ....an yur doing it too .....do you get stars off your mot after you perform at night ?
Now I'm not trying to be impolite luke ....I wish any competition well and if you treat drivers well then you can kick the likes of freenow with ther priority ranking 5 stars bollocks out of the country with drivers support ...thers huge resentment out ther because yous dont seem to realise that most taxi drivers are grown ups ...  .the last time I got a gold star was off me ma cause I didnt wet the bed ....think I nailed it after me 18 th birthday but I'm probably the exception....
Now if your offering that sort of hogwash like freenow is .....then your going get the same resentments.....
Thers am owl basic of management of people  I learned in me first week at college ....tink it was called the carrot or stick or sumtin .....how to get a donkey to pull the cart for yu ....now I'm not a donkey but if you want to treat me like a partner in business...then I'll jump tru hoops for ya cause " wer all in this together for the mutual good ....symbiotic relationship I think david attenborough calls it .....
Anyway ....I'm self employed ....I provide the means to get people from A to B ...insurance, the vehicle , maintenance etc and me knowledge around town and my way with the ladies so theyll come back for another trip again ....
Now you provide some of my customers.....as soon as you start looking down on me an threatening me wit sanctions and gold stars an all that bolix then you arnt me friend anymore .....how come you people in these apps cant understand that ?
I'll join bolt if .....nearest car gets job
The stars shite is fuked out of it
The threatening is fuked out of it
Absolutely no ambassadors lick arse shite
No priority shite
Keep it simple and I'm in ....an I've a lovely brand new ( nearly)  electric vehicle waitin at yur disposal .....
Good luck with yur app

Haha, I agree with you on most of that!

Let’s start with the stars… Passengers use a platform like Bolt so they know the service they’re getting, it reflects on the Bolt if they get a bad service. We want passengers to be confident they’re going to get a good service with Bolt. Whether it’s stars, comments, phone calls, emails, we do have to have a way to make sure users let us know if they’ve had a good or a bad service.

Same for drivers, we want drivers to be confident picking up passengers on Bolt.  Drivers can rate passengers and we can ban a rider if we don’t want them to get matched with a driver on our platform.

On to driver tiers. Couldn’t agree with you more. We don’t try to play or gamify how drivers make a living, with points, or car wraps or priority or whatever.  We don’t have a priority system, it’s a fair market for all drivers.

Yes, nearest driver get first pick on nearest passenger. You have 20 seconds to accept, otherwise it goes to next nearest. It’s what’s worked in 150 other cities and over 1 million drivers. Keep it simple.

Hopefully that’s helpful!

Still awaiting a response to my questions to you Luke (see page 2)

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2020, 12:02:28 pm »
Bolt me bollox If the passenger gives me a bad rating and you punish me what legal recourse do I have to Compensation for injury caused to my business .Go fuck off you and your app .Like I said you want us to give our passengers to you then pay you for giving us access to our own work .

What he said.

Offline Tony

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2020, 12:10:38 pm »
Look what I found....ah the memories..

I bet you were looking for something else when you found that.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline U Wha

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2020, 12:14:12 pm »

It will be interesting to see if the Zareou App mentioned in the video gains any traction. It is one way of building a network up without a huge marketing budget. Also from what I learnt on a course last year it is almost imposibble to unseat the dominant incumbent player in a market unless something innovative and disruptive is introduced. This approach could be just that. It came up as an potential format when I was researching the viability of a taxi co-op app. Don't worry Dalyer I am not suggesting anything like a co-op as I came to the conclusion it wouldn't work with taxi drivers.

Zareou need to be careful it doesnt turn into a network marketing business that focuses more on referring drivers and passengers rather than providing a taxi service because it then becomes pyramid selling.

https://www.zareou.com/drive-with-zareou?gclid=CjwKCAjwkoz7BRBPEiwAeKw3qxVL5DEP_gnWDJDBFhPuZbzCh6fdv8a9xvDTEu1NybZEG-z-vMFJVhoCjQYQAvD_BwE

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2020, 01:45:06 pm »
Same few useless cunts going to support these fucking parasites .ITS YOUR WORK THEY ARE OFFERING YOU AS LONG AS YOU PAY THEM FOR ACCESS TO YOUR WORK .The customers are Yours what the fuck advantage is there to paying them for access to Your work .The few retards on here and in this industry that think there is a great advantage to handing over 20+% in commission or charges to gain access to your own work is frightening .Stupidity of the lowest order .
. It isn't willing "support" for these apps, it's where the work is if one has bills topay. I certainly take offence at being called a "useless cunt". By your own admission you have debt problems. My bills are all up to date. That may be anally retentive in your book, but it's how I prefer to live.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Show Unread Posts