Author Topic: Flu jab  (Read 2968 times)

john m

Flu jab
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:23:35 pm »
Now available free to qualifying patients at your local Hickies Pharmacy or Boots book on line .I would suggest Hickies Pharmacies as Boots are in Shopping Centers and if we go to Stage 4 they might be closed .Fat lads with BMI over 40 qualify for free jab .

Offline Tony

Re: Flu jab
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 01:33:00 pm »
Now available free to qualifying patients at your local Hickies Pharmacy or Boots book on line .I would suggest Hickies Pharmacies as Boots are in Shopping Centers and if we go to Stage 4 they might be closed .Fat lads with BMI over 40 qualify for free jab .

A free gym membership would be a better idea
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 01:53:06 pm »

A free gym membership would be a better idea

I have a Gym in the Shed Anto Racing bike on a Turbo trainer Cost 30 for the Turbo trainer I had the bike  t ,Multi Gym cost 50 and a rowing machine cost 60 yoyo .

Offline watty

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 05:22:34 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up.  Tried to book in my own local pharmacy today and they just laughed.  Said it would be weeks.  Used Hickeys and got an appt for next week.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 05:29:16 pm »
Surely if we're avoiding COVId the same precautions would eliminate the oul Flu?

Both are viruses I thought.

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 05:42:00 pm »
Yeah, they pretty much avoided the flu season in Australia because so many were wearing masks.

For €20-ish, better safe than sorry?

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 05:48:14 pm »
If you get it bad I suppose it's worth it Watty.I can't remember ever getting a bad flu. I get sinus problems and a bit of a head cold but nothing debilitating except chronic laziness.

Offline watty

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 05:55:41 pm »
Sounds like maybe you never had the flu.  I did one time and I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days.  Couldn't believe it.  I've been sick before and have had 2 or 3 operations during my life but the flu was the worst I've ever been by a huge amount.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 06:15:50 pm »
When I was a teenager maybe but I've been washing me hands since before it became cool.Maybe we will all get no flu then die from it in a few years when it gets super strength.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »
Apparently ther was 21k cases of flu in Australia this year ...last year ther was  over 270 k cases .....they sayin cause it was mostly cause everyone got the flu jab .....I tink that's crap .....the place was in lockdown durin the flu season ....
Flights wer grounded an them chinese that bring these flu's
In ....weren't comin in and travel was minimum with 14 days quarantine .......

If I'm not dealing with the public an not mingling ....I dont see the point in the flu jab this year ....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 07:37:17 pm »
Sounds like maybe you never had the flu.  I did one time and I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days.  Couldn't believe it.  I've been sick before and have had 2 or 3 operations during my life but the flu was the worst I've ever been by a huge amount.
I was 3 weeks in bed wit aussie flu ..
.6 months in an out of the eye an ear after ...it impacts people differently......
It's not the virus that kills .....its yur own immune system....funny that ....the white blood cells an histamine hormone you produce causes all that mucus in yur lungs to attack the virus ...then yu drown .....bit of a biological
"own goal "really ........suseptability is probably genetic ..
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 02:05:16 pm »
You cant make this shit up .Just got a call from the Chemist they are out of Flu vaccine Government spending hundreds of thousands advertising something they havent got .

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 02:13:31 pm »
Yeah...My Doc.said none in stock till mid November...not taking a y appointments...managed to get one  in Booths for 7th November...Third world everything ..Country..unless your rich..
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 02:30:18 pm »
Coola you think we are third World .....In GREAT Britain some fucking idiot yesterday doing covid swabs reused already used swab sticks .So could of infected people with other peoples samples .I mean how hard is it to stick an oversized cotton bud up somebodies nose then put it into a container with a name and address and not reuse it .

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 03:23:52 pm »
It's all a loada bollocks.

Show Unread Posts