Author Topic: Budget 2021  (Read 52252 times)

john m

Re: Budget 2021
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 09:34:06 am »
Snoozy eamo is Irelands answer to sleepy Joe Biden

Eamo the Cabbage is the Taximans helpfull Uncle .He will push up the cost of motoring and reduce on street parking .That way Evelin and Nathan wont be asking Mam and Pa for a car for their 18th Birthday and Olivea Breslin From the Flats wont be driving to lidle on Thursdays to buy a Snorkel and a large bucket of Hamster Food .When a Second car becomes an expensive luxury the Pedestrians wont be Going shopping or Clubbing on their Bike they will use a Taxi .Eamo the Cabbage is Great like Dr Leo .VRT up Motor Tax Up .Carbon tax Up.Fuel Tax Up .I bet none of the taxi reps will thank the Cabbage for forcing motorists off the road and creating business opportunities for taxi drivers .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 09:43:26 am »
Workers drawing down the special pandemic unemployment payment or the temporary wage subsidy face tax bills of up to €2,800 at the end of the year, according to calculations from personal finance advisers.

That is on top of the loss in income running into thousands of euro for many workers as the weekly payment is below their normal take -home pay.

And most are not aware of it, the company says. It warns that January could see more than one million people who are in receipt either of the unemployment payment or the temporary wage subsidy “scrambling to balance their tax affairs”.

*And the self employed will have scant expenses or capital write offs to reduce their tax bills, according to one taxi driver who knows fuck all about this stuff*.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline Jonno

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 10:15:34 am »
Already sick of hearing about this budget and Pathcal hathent even appeared with hith black brief caythe yet.
Gonna have to switch off notifications on the rte news app or it'll be fuckin pinging all afternoon to report on every piece of bullshit that's announced.

john m

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 10:23:51 am »
Workers drawing down the special pandemic unemployment payment or the temporary wage subsidy face tax bills of up to €2,800 at the end of the year, according to calculations from personal finance advisers.

That is on top of the loss in income running into thousands of euro for many workers as the weekly payment is below their normal take -home pay.

And most are not aware of it, the company says. It warns that January could see more than one million people who are in receipt either of the unemployment payment or the temporary wage subsidy “scrambling to balance their tax affairs”.

*And the self employed will have scant expenses or capital write offs to reduce their tax bills, according to one taxi driver who knows fuck all about this stuff*.

Not relevant .You take your earnings Pre Covid Early March then add in your Covid Payments and any other Earnings during your Fiscal year .Deduct Costs and Tax free allowances you will only pay tax on Profits above your allowances if any .I doubt many drivers will have earned 20K including Covid for the year deduct Fuel ,Insurance ,Phone .Maintainance Car Repayments .Tests ,Licences Most if not all Drivers will be carrying forward a Loss for 2020 .The problem might be covering last years bill due to lack of funds but I think you can lodge your return and do a deal on payment without any penalties due to the Pandemic .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 10:27:42 am »
I've last year's covered. We'll worry about this year next year. I'm not bothered any more. I was a mug for years paying ridiculous tax bills. An honest Joe if you will. Be Fuck em from here on

john m

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 10:33:16 am »
Always Pay what you owe .Try a different accountant if you think your bill was high .Accountants can be a bit like taxi drivers they dont all know their way around .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 10:36:34 am »
Always Pay what you owe .Try a different accountant if you think your bill was high .Accountants can be a bit like taxi drivers they dont all know their way around .
I changed this year and it was a big bonus. He reduced nicely. Since last year I intended changing accountants anyway, but the one I was going to for years upped and died a few weeks ago! I'm glad she hadn't all my stuff half done. Nightmare.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 10:38:41 am »
I changed this year and it was a big bonus. He reduced nicely. Since last year I intended changing accountants anyway, but the one I was going to for years upped and died a few weeks ago! I'm glad she hadn't all my stuff half done. Nightmare.

Btw I always did pay what I owed. That was the problem! It sickened me every year listening to fellas going on about the ridiculously small amounts of returns they were making, and I know the kind of hours they were doing and how much they were making.

john m

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 10:57:39 am »
Taxi accounts are simple Income - costs and capital depreciation .A lot of accountants over complicate the process to frighten people from self assessment .I have a Man does mine in about half an hour if I already have spreadsheets done for income and outgoings .I use to have a Girl took her half a day then you had to go back a week later for the Damage .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 11:04:05 am »
Taxi accounts are simple Income - costs and capital depreciation .A lot of accountants over complicate the process to frighten people from self assessment .I have a Man does mine in about half an hour if I already have spreadsheets done for income and outgoings .I use to have a Girl took her half a day then you had to go back a week later for the Damage .
+1 , Westside Tax Consultants in Talla, bring in me Spreadsheet and Michael has it sorted in about 1.2 hour.

Think last year he charged €250
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 11:06:54 am »
If yous have the spreadsheets why are yis paying someone else if it's easy?Having an accountant doesn't stop you getting an audit.

250 quid is five days work in the taxi after expenses..

john m

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 11:11:14 am »
I changed my car last year paid deposit plus new meter and monthly payments .An accountant will advise me the best way to offset those costs .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 11:12:12 am »
Buy a calculator.I think they give them out for free in MABS..

Offline Jonno

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 11:15:41 am »
Do it yerself on ros. Change a decimal point or two if needs be. Fuck it.

john m

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 11:17:00 am »

Do you take medication for Bi Polar Should I buy a Calculator or get a Free one ?

Show Unread Posts