Author Topic: Free now Zego  (Read 7311 times)

Offline U Wha

Re: Free now Zego
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 12:21:23 am »
I don't like the last line of the email.

Zego also offers you the flexibility to adjust your policy to Social, Domestic & Pleasure (SD&P) cover only should you need to and the ability to easily activate the full policy again when needed!

Sounds like rideshare or someone driving their Mammy's Corolla as a taxi at the weekend and reverting back to private insurance when college starts again on a Monday.

I've filled in their form, someone to come back to me , renewal due on the 4th December, will probably use their figure to try and beat Axa down (assuming its cheaper).

Are they a reputable company ?

Im really getting sick of nurse maiding you fucktards .Look into how this company operates .Do you still have a No Claims Bonus in two years or are this crowd operating outside the normal Insurance protocol where earned NCB is transferable .The end game could be you lose your built up NCB and this crown double their premium and you have no option but to pay as your earned NCB has lapsed .LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP .

Hope I can answer some of these questions even in a limited way.

Don't know about reputable but they are a new player moving into 'platform' driver insurance (Freenow, Uber, Deliveroo, Just eat etc) and in the UK it does seem like you can switch on and off between private and commerical cover. I got no indication of that being available here but in fairness never asked. All I can say is that the policy builds my no claims, easy to deal with, no bullshit, arranged quickly and €3k cheaper than AXA.

They are just like these other financial companies with their modern apps and platforms or Ryanair. It does what it says on the tin. Like with Ryanair if you make changes they charge. I got the reg wrong, digits back to front, wanted €22 to amend it luckily my mistake was verbal but the documents sent and accepted had the correct details so got away with it.

They do seem to want to associate your cover with affiliation to a platform (app or dispatcher in the taxi sense) for data purposes. Part of the deal is that I download a zego app onto my phone that measures or records your driving style and patterns. However it isn't ready yet they will contact me when it is.

Can't remember if the Irish insurers covered parcel delivery as part of their policies because it never came up but I explicity asked was it covered with Zego and it is.

https://www.zego.com/ie/

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 12:34:27 am by U Wha »

john m

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 12:28:25 am »
Let me tell you how they operate they track you and your driving style but they dont tell you that.They are not affiliated to the industry database so if you go with them for two years you lose your historical no claims bonus and are exposed to whatever charge they want to impose on you .Did your mammy not tell you there is no such thing as a free lunch COP THE FUCK ON .

john m

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 12:30:52 am »
LISTEN CAREFULLY YOU MUPPETS TO THE OPENING SENTENCE .

Offline U Wha

Re: Free now Zthat AXA wantego
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 12:51:45 am »
Let me tell you how they operate they track you and your driving style but they dont tell you that.They are not affiliated to the industry database so if you go with them for two years you lose your historical no claims bonus and are exposed to whatever charge they want to impose on you .Did your mammy not tell you there is no such thing as a free lunch COP THE FUCK ON .

"Industry database?" you mean Insurance Ireland? that is not a statutory body. it is a cartel. Zego as a insurance company or intermediary have to be monitored by the Central Bank to operate here and are regulated in the UK. If they issue a 'no claims discount' it is unlikely that it can be disregarded by native insurers otherwise it would construed as being uncompetitive and therefore illegal. Love to see that play out.

However, I concede that it doesn't mean that it won't make life hard for people down the line if and when the natives refuse to recognise the 'no claims discount' and the lag between the regulator (central bank) catching up.

As I said before everything depends on our own perspectives, horses for courses and all that. For me €3k saving I will take the chance considering I already lost my 'taxi' no claims. If it stays at €2k no big deal. How long would it take to get the AXA €5K quote down to the €2k Zego quote at 10% discountt per year. But if you are only paying €1500 to €2000 now for taxi insurance then maybe moving to save a few hundred isn't such a good idea until Zego settles in.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 12:57:24 am »
LISTEN CAREFULLY YOU MUPPETS TO THE OPENING SENTENCE .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJcYVns19kQ

100% isn't the case here. They do mention it when you are getting a quote. They don't know who I am working with.  Might be what they want and maybe it is happening in the UK. Maybe when I download the app but don't see how it is tied to an app or dispatcher cos I won't be with any. planning to do my own thing in Wexford in the new year.

john m

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 01:10:41 am »
Let me educate you a little I had a gig where I presented investment advice to brokers I am actually the Man who employs casual labour .I have more contacts than the Taoiseach .Look back to early March I told you about Covid long before Finnon  Shehan or any other irish journalist its on this site I told you Paddys Day was canceled long before any other Publication I told you the marathon was cancelled before any other Irish journalist .I was at the presentation of this insurance company to investors in Ireland What im telling you is fact .They dont want to give you an option they want to mug you on a pay per job basis and make profit .Their game is the gig economy it would suit them as a body corporate to force regular taxi drivers out of the industry to be replaced by gig economy operatives they are disruptive operators just like air BnB who want to disrupt hotels this crowd want to disrupt the insurance industry for profit .The last time you came on here you were offering an app I gave you advise for FRee I hope I saved you coin Im now offering you some serious advise Look into this and dont be promoting what you dont understand .Zego has no affiliation to any Industry database it is a disrupter .Head my warning or perish by your own applied ignorance .

Offline U Wha

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 01:10:49 am »
Zego seem to be targeting an insurance niche, delivery drivers, whether it's people, goods or food. They are offering insurance but in reality they are a platform that wants to deal in data. Which is a big commodity. The insurance is a just a method for obtaining the data.

Think about it, they can cross platforms, uber, deliveroo, just eat, freenow etc etc. Hundreds of thousands of drivers and all that data. I wouldn't be worrying about no claims discounts etc. Make sure you get details right otherwise they will 'Ryanair' you, fees for changes, amendments and paperwork.

Anyway thats what I think, we are just a commodity to them, Erm might be right, they are out to fuck us.... and if they aren't then insurance ireland and their members will try hard to do it.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 01:25:07 am »
Let me educate you a little I had a gig where I presented investment advice to brokers I am actually the Man who employs casual labour .I have more contacts than the Taoiseach .Look back to early March I told you about Covid long before Finnon  Shehan or any other irish journalist its on this site I told you Paddys Day was canceled long before any other Publication I told you the marathon was cancelled before any other Irish journalist .I was at the presentation of this insurance company to investors in Ireland What im telling you is fact .They dont want to give you an option they want to mug you on a pay per job basis and make profit .Their game is the gig economy it would suit them as a body corporate to force regular taxi drivers out of the industry to be replaced by gig economy operatives they are disruptive operators just like air BnB who want to disrupt hotels this crowd want to disrupt the insurance industry for profit .The last time you came on here you were offering an app I gave you advise for FRee I hope I saved you coin Im now offering you some serious advise Look into this and dont be promoting what you dont understand .Zego has no affiliation to any Industry database it is a disrupter .Head my warning or perish by your own applied ignorance .

I don't think we are far apart to be honest. I agree that they are a disrupter, their entire target market including taxi drivers are their to be used. They are disrupting the insurance industry not ours, not saying it will work out good for us in long run, just like free now with their free bobo. But its all about data not fucking your no claims.

It is well recognised that the insurance cartel through Insurance Ireland won't share its database with new business. In fairness its a private organisation funded by its native insurane companies, the government should have a statutory database. Just like the Central Credit Register (The bastards). The Irish Credit Bureau was similar to Insurance Ireland in that it was owned and operated by the native Irish Banks.

i think the point you made was that the native insurers wouldn't recognise Zego's taxi no claims discount certificates and therefore invalidate the preceding irish no claims discounts held by taxi drivers. As I said that is unlikely to happen as Zego is monitored by the Irish Central Banks for rules etc and is registered by regulators in the UK. If they didn't recognise them it would cause a shitstorm.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 01:49:21 am »
The last time you came on here you were offering an app I gave you advise for FRee I hope I saved you coin Im now offering you some serious advise Look into this and dont be promoting what you dont understand .Zego has no affiliation to any Industry database it is a disrupter .Head my warning or perish by your own applied ignorance .

Eh... the last time I came on here? I have been reading and posting on this forum almost back to the start and definitely after Roy shut down. Just because I don't vomit a million posts a day!

Anyway you mightn't know it but I read a lot of your very long posts. I agree with some of them. I take all well intentioned advice on board. You didn't save me any coin because I had none to spend. I still think the app would work but unfortunately I don't have the means to even bump start it and I think it would be hard for it to succeed, not for the reasons that you espoused at the time but because of the nature of the business, the amount of noise out there, it is too hard for any one to focus when they are working hard to make a living each day. Too many pretenders have spoiled the broth and left a bad taste. Hard to deliver a message of authenticity. it is a pity because drivers deserve a break if only they would look up.

I was at the presentation of this insurance company to investors in Ireland

As for investing in Zego I wish I had known about it because I would have tried to lump a few quid in to it.
Great idea and it has a good chance of going to an IPO if it is done right.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:54:33 am by U Wha »

Offline Punter

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 05:14:13 am »
Taxi Fair --Luke is the guy,  I saved a monkey ,500, on AXA renewal of 2250 !

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 09:33:26 am »
Unless you drive like a pensioner  all the time the insurance companies who install monitoring devices on your car have you by the short and curlies.

3 months in and you'll get a call from them saying your driving is substandard and you drive too fast and we are jacking up/cancelling your policy.

They do it to the L drivers already.

john m

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 11:59:04 am »
Are you comparing like with like .Do they provide poke for the rental of a replacement vehicle if your off the road from a crash or income support if your in a crash .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 12:06:39 pm »
What taxi insurance company provide income support if you're in a crash John?

I'd just take the cheapest insurance anyway.I never use it except to pass me taxi out.Waste of money really..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 12:20:59 pm by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 12:32:38 pm »
What taxi insurance company provide income support if you're in a crash John?

I'd just take the cheapest insurance anyway.I never use it except to pass me taxi out.Waste of money really..

I can claim 90 yoyo a day for loss of earnings or to rent a replacement for I think its 10 days but I pay extra for that .I also insure my NCB and my quote is under 2K

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 12:42:53 pm »
Is that not just fully comp John?In the event of a claim against another insurer your company pay you then they recoup it off the other party.

Show Unread Posts