Author Topic: Karma Bet  (Read 3591 times)

john m

Karma Bet
« on: November 06, 2020, 08:13:12 am »
COOLCULLEN @12/1 in the 3rd race today at the Curragh .Owners and trainers are superstitious they often register a horse name and wait for years before they use it .Today Jim Bolger has a horse running called Coolcullen that was the name of the farm in Lucan that he rented when he first trained horses and also the name of his first winner about 45 years ago . Might be worth a small E/W bet .

Offline Punter

Re: Karma Bet
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:35:33 pm »
Its the name of his current establishment ,his initial foray was in Sir Hugh Nugents --Lohunda off the Clonsilla Rd--in my misspent youth I had shares in a  few of  his early winners---he was still an inhouse accountant with MSL Grange at the time --used to snaffle a VW with a tow bar to bring horses to races !
I concur with the naming karma !

john m

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 01:33:43 pm »
Its the name of his current establishment ,his initial foray was in Sir Hugh Nugents --Lohunda off the Clonsilla Rd--in my misspent youth I had shares in a  few of  his early winners---he was still an inhouse accountant with MSL Grange at the time --used to snaffle a VW with a tow bar to bring horses to races !
I concur with the naming karma !

Ran like a Donkey .He had a yard across from where that Girl was murdered I worked there for a day when I was 14 .He had just started after qualifying as an Accountant .I had a leg in one meself never even good enough to name .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 03:27:46 pm »
Soumillon has covid and is replaced by Colin Keane on Taranawa tomorrow night in the states.

john m

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 04:08:48 pm »
There is one Going Tonight in Dundalk I expect it to be beaten but will be backing it to win an Oaks or a Guinneas next year .I gave Australia years ago as the derby winner after it got beaten first time uo .I gave Scorpion as a future Classic winner after he won a Galway Egg and Spoon Race .The Name of this one is Joan of Arc .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 05:34:49 pm »
Skinny at 5/4,7/2 earlier on.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 08:21:24 pm »
There is one Going Tonight in Dundalk I expect it to be beaten but will be backing it to win an Oaks or a Guinneas next year .I gave Australia years ago as the derby winner after it got beaten first time uo .I gave Scorpion as a future Classic winner after he won a Galway Egg and Spoon Race .The Name of this one is Joan of Arc .

Beaten a nose but a half length ahead 5 strides after the line,maybe Seamie should have shoveled on the coal a bit earlier.

john m

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 09:03:43 pm »
I did say She would be beaten .I know Aidian O Briens way of operating I usually pick his best older horse when they run at 2 .This filly is beautifully bread .All O briens Classic runners ran at least once at 2 .There is only 1 day of the flat left so Aiden never expected this filly to win he wasent even entering her in a Race just giving her a racecourse Gallop .I would of been disappointed if she won as that would mean she was ready and expected .I would expect her to improve about 30 lbs .on what she done today .Her Page says a mile so I will have 50 E/w on her to win both the Irish and English guinies .I would hope to get 66/1 for each race .Dont think any of the O Brien Colts look much good .

john m

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 10:17:28 pm »
JOAN OF ARC (IRE)
JOAN OF ARC (IRE) is a bay filly. She is 2 years old (foaled 04 February 2018). The owner of JOAN OF ARC (IRE) is Derrick Smith, Mrs J. Magnier & M. Tabor and her current trainer is Aidan O'Brien, Ireland. The pedigree for JOAN OF ARC (IRE) is: GALILEO (IRE) - YOU'RESOTHRILLING (USA) - STORM CAT (USA).

JOAN OF ARC (IRE) last ran at Dundalk on 06 November 2020, in the IRISH STALLION FARMS EUROPEAN BREEDERS FUND FILLIES MAIDEN over a distance of 7F. Ridden by Seamie Heffernan, JOAN OF ARC (IRE) finished 2nd of 13 runners. The Industry Starting Price (ISP) for JOAN OF ARC (IRE) was 11/10 (Betfair SP 2.36).

JOAN OF ARC (IRE) currently has no future entries.

john m

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 07:25:50 am »
JOAN OF ARC (IRE)
JOAN OF ARC (IRE) is a bay filly. She is 2 years old (foaled 04 February 2018). The owner of JOAN OF ARC (IRE) is Derrick Smith, Mrs J. Magnier & M. Tabor and her current trainer is Aidan O'Brien, Ireland. The pedigree for JOAN OF ARC (IRE) is: GALILEO (IRE) - YOU'RESOTHRILLING (USA) - STORM CAT (USA).

JOAN OF ARC (IRE) last ran at Dundalk on 06 November 2020, in the IRISH STALLION FARMS EUROPEAN BREEDERS FUND FILLIES MAIDEN over a distance of 7F. Ridden by Seamie Heffernan, JOAN OF ARC (IRE) finished 2nd of 13 runners. The Industry Starting Price (ISP) for JOAN OF ARC (IRE) was 11/10 (Betfair SP 2.36).

JOAN OF ARC (IRE) currently has no future entries.

I have been looking out for her to run and Ill try to explain my thinking .She was foaled early February so should of been well forward probably an early type should of been prepared for Royal Ascot .But most O Brien Royal Ascot 2 year olds dont train on at 3 .If he thinks they will make up into good 3 year olds he usually dosent give them a race before June his fillies he dosent over try them he is training them as 3 and 4 year olds unlike a Good 2 year old Colt has a stud value Fillies are worth what they are worth based on Pedigree not performance so dont need to be rushed .The fact that he ran this filly in the last week of the Flat season and she ran Ok tells me he likes her and wanted to get a bit of racecourse experience into her .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 10:37:20 am »
I did say She would be beaten .I know Aidian O Briens way of operating I usually pick his best older horse when they run at 2 .This filly is beautifully bread .All O briens Classic runners ran at least once at 2 .There is only 1 day of the flat left so Aiden never expected this filly to win he wasent even entering her in a Race just giving her a racecourse Gallop .I would of been disappointed if she won as that would mean she was ready and expected .I would expect her to improve about 30 lbs .on what she done today .Her Page says a mile so I will have 50 E/w on her to win both the Irish and English guinies .I would hope to get 66/1 for each race .Dont think any of the O Brien Colts look much good .

She was 11/10 fav backed in late from 6/4 so there was a few quid around for her alright so those people were expecting the win.Easy enough introduction so she could be anything.Sea The Stars lost on his debut  :))

Best of luck with the ante post.

john m

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 10:50:27 am »
Watching racing the last few days think I might of unearthed a a nice one .If I can get on ill tell you the name and the race looking for 66/1 or better

Re: KEW GARDENS
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 10:48:32 pm »
Try get a few coins on a horse called Sovreign to win next years Ledger if you can get 66/1 or 50s

I had a few quid 5er E/W on him in the Derby ran nowhere and a 5E/W on him @100/1 in the Irish Derby he won @66/1 .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 03:30:16 pm »
Nice earner.

john m

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 03:44:49 pm »
Flat racing Anti Post is a bit of value there are only about 200 horses bread to win the Derby O Briens ,Gosden will have most of them .Nobody really gives a fuck about the Derby anymore Ballydoyle have killed it as a Race won by some rubbish .Its now the race you need to win if you want to be a National hunt stallion .This years and last years winners wouldnt start favourite for the Cheltenham Bumper .But the bookies usually have a good book on the derby so if you do a small bit of work you can usually find a live one at good odds .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 09:47:45 am »
Tarnawa  8),great for Colin Keane,what a spare ride.

Show Unread Posts