Author Topic: Taxi driver who sexually assaulted late night passenger to be sentenced  (Read 11863 times)

Offline watty

Taxi driver who sexually assaulted late night passenger to be sentenced (BreakingNews.ie)

A taxi driver who sexually assaulted a late night passenger after she had passed out drunk in his car, will be sentenced next month.

The victim told gardaí that she woke up to find Gerard Gunnery (60) with his hand inside her and masturbating himself. She said he then became aggressive and threw her out of the car, leaving her in a heap on the side of the road.

Lawyers for Gunnery asked Judge Karen O'Connor to not define him for these “ten minutes of a life” which was otherwise “all of good”.  Dominic McGinn SC, defending, said his client's actions that night were “completely out of character”. He handed in testimonials describing Gunnery as a hard working, “good man” with a “kind heart”.

Gunnery of Ellenfield Road, Whitehall, Dublin pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to sexual assault of the woman at place in Dublin city on December 23, 2017.  After a sentence hearing today Judge O'Connor remanded Gunnery into custody to December 11th next for imposition of sentence.

During the hearing the victim addressed the court and said that a regular girls’ night out in town turned into a nightmare when she woke up in the front seat of the taxi parked outside her home.  Neighbours later told gardaí they heard a woman shouting “get off me” and “stop, don't touch me” and saw the driver pulling the woman out of the taxi. She was screaming that her leg was stuck under the taxi and he came out and “threw her out of the way”.  She was found on the ground crying and screaming. The court heard she suffered bruising to her elbows, kneecaps and her jaw.

Gunnery made a statement to gardaí claiming that the woman had told him to “go for it” and that he wouldn't have touched her if she hadn't said that.  “I am really sorry. She was drunk. I was sober,” he told gardaí.

In her victim impact statement the woman told Gunnery that “you took advantage of me when you should have taken me home”.  She said she suffered crippling guilt and shame and entertained thoughts like “I drank too much, my skirt was too short, my knee high boots were too inviting”.  She feared that her attacker was still out driving a taxi and knew whereabouts she lived and said she still suffers flashbacks and becomes upset if she sees a silver coloured taxi.

Judge O'Connor told the woman that “this was not your fault” and told her she had shown great strength on the night and since.  “I sincerely hope you get to a point where you can put this behind you,” she said.

Offline Taxi driver42

Re: Taxi driver who sexually assaulted late night passenger to be sentenced
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 05:48:50 pm »
Immigrant?

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 05:52:15 pm »
Im very shocked I must say,I know Gerard Gunnery quite well,but I had no idea

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 06:20:32 pm »
Funny enough ,the last time I was talking to him,he told me he was renting a taxi cause he couldnt affordto be an owner driver.I didnt know what he was on about,cause it would probably cost you as much to rent,would it not ?

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 06:44:20 pm »
Funny enough ,the last time I was talking to him,he told me he was renting a taxi cause he couldnt affordto be an owner driver.I didnt know what he was on about,cause it would probably cost you as much to rent,would it not ?
And you helping Algerians  oops  The white folk around your way won't be happy.

Maybe he sold the taxi for solicitor bills or to get some compo together?

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 06:58:52 pm »
Ive no idea why he sold the taxi.I am really shocked,because I had him down as a real nice guy

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 07:22:55 pm »
Ive no idea why he sold the taxi.I am really shocked,because I had him down as a real nice guy
Wolf in Sheeps clothing. dirty bastard, hope he has a nice holiday compliments of the state, I have 2 daughters and cnuts like him deserve to be locked up.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »
Agree 100%

john m

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 07:33:55 pm »

Was he originally from the flats .

john m

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 07:37:04 pm »

Probably couldnt renew his licence while he was waiting trial ,it seems like he pleaded guilty .So rented as that vehicle would not be in his name .Taxithingey could suspend his TAXI licence but do nothing about his SPSV driving licence as they are issued by An Garda .

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 07:56:55 pm »

Was he originally from the flats .
the Gunnarys originally came from summerhill,but they all split up and went different ways.they where related to the notorious White family.they were involved in the taxi game a lot of them,particularly Tony Gunnery

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 09:40:49 pm »
Whites, you say?

Offline Tony

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 11:22:31 pm »
Wanker
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline the driver

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2020, 08:37:56 am »
Scumbag.I hope he gets 10 years in the Joy.

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 11:50:18 am »

Probably couldnt renew his licence while he was waiting trial ,it seems like he pleaded guilty .So rented as that vehicle would not be in his name .Taxithingey could suspend his TAXI licence but do nothing about his SPSV driving licence as they are issued by An Garda .
he used to be an owner/-driver.it makes sense now why he sold the car.I had no idea he wasin bother with the law.you think you know some people

Show Unread Posts