Author Topic: Splash and Go  (Read 4548 times)

john m

Splash and Go
« on: November 16, 2020, 10:56:44 am »
Viking Splash Tours gone into liquidation .A few of us could be joining them if the Country is not back open by Paddys Day next year .You wonder if the Covid Coin stops how many more busnisses will fold ?

dalymount

Re: Splash and Go
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:59:41 am »
Jeez John ,Paddys day ? Im hoping it will be open for Christmas

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:02:34 am »
Did the tour a few years back,great craic altogether.

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 11:14:56 am »
I never did it,but id hate to see it go.there is only one kind of business I want to see fold,and you all know what that is Dispatchers

john m

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:19:18 am »

Dalyer we might open for December but we will be closed again .I posted up here about 6 months ago a mate of mine on the Temple Bar Traders said February 2021 .But without Tourists ,Gigs,Regular Sports events not just Brogans or Hogans open there will be no wages .If I was asked to say we will or will we  not be Open for December ie level 2 or less I recon we wont reopen .Houlohan keeps changing his mind Mick from Cork only wants the Schools open and Leo the snitch wants to protect the Hospitals .Billions has been spent trying to stop the spread of the fever dont think they can or will open up for christmas if they do and it goes wrong then Lockdown 3 will be ignored .Im looking at Parking up the Car cancelling the Insurance and Car repayments in January .Think it was Merch who said he had mot balled his motor .I cant afford the costs of staying in this business unless all the restrictions are lifted .My coffers are bare I have just about enough to keep going till early next year .

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 01:03:42 pm »
I never did it,but id hate to see it go.there is only one kind of business I want to see fold,and you all know what that is Dispatchers

And he’s off again

john m

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 01:08:13 pm »
HERE DOLLYMOUNT JUST FOR BALANCE .....

MON, 16 NOV, 2020 - 06:36
DANIEL MCCONNELL POLITICAL EDITOR
A two-week “reprieve” to allow pubs and restaurants to open before Christmas is seen as desirable by several members of the Government.

As part of the plans being developed for when the country exits level 5 lockdown restrictions, the Irish Examiner has confirmed that should the rate of Covid-19 transmissions drop sufficiently within the next week or so:

All retail outlets will be allowed to reopen;
While a call on the hospitality sector is still to be made, Cabinet ministers have voiced strong support for premises to be allowed to open “for a defined period” in December;
This would allow 'wet' pubs and restaurants to open in the run-up to Christmas under Covid-19 rules;
It would include people sitting at tables and no bar service, as happened earlier in the year;
Travel around the country to allow people to visit family is unlikely to be prevented and will not be policed;
Sporting activities including golf and tennis will be allowed to resume;
Religious services will be permitted.
While a decision has not yet been made, ministers and other Government sources have indicated that what is being discussed represents a “clear direction of travel”.

Simon Coveney, the foreign affairs minister, said there is an appetite in Cabinet to try to give people some hope and to be “as ambitious as possible” for the hospitality and retail sectors.

“You will see a significant change though at the start of December,” he said.

“We want to be as ambitious as we can be in terms of the removal of restrictions to try to ensure that we create as positive a Christmas period as possible for traders and families, and everybody else,” he said.

Read More
Closed Dublin pub hits out at 'uncontrolled drinking sessions on the street'
“We will do everything we can for businesses, because this is a hugely important time of year for them, both retail and hospitality. But we've got to do it in a way that's responsible and doesn't naively ignore public-health advice either, in a way that we'll all regret in early January,” he said.

Other ministers said privately that what is intended is an overall move to level 3 restrictions after the six-week lockdown, but before Christmas it “will drop to something like level 2.5”.

“We could get the numbers well down and that would merit going to level 2. But the reason you wouldn’t go to level 2 is to avoid a lockdown in January. So, level 3 would be the compromise but with a two-week reprieve which would be fair,” said a minister.

“From a public-health point of view I can’t see how having a pint in the pub that doesn’t do bar service is any less safe than having people over for drinks to your house,” said another.

A number of ministers expressed the view that people need to be trusted, urging flexibility.

All of the ministers spoken to say there is a desire to allow people to travel to their families for Christmas.

Crucially, the intention is to get all retail open and leave it open to get Christmas shopping going.

“The earlier we announce, the better, to avoid everyone doing their shopping online and we should be announcing that within the next week or so,” the minister added.

While accepting there is a risk in considering such a relaxation, ministers have said the reality is that if the rules are too tight, people will “simply ignore them".

Despite the optimistic tone within Cabinet, Dr Tony Holohan, the chief medical officer, has warned that the average five-day Covid-19 case-count is rising — "a worrying development which has persisted for the last few days".

There has been one more death associated with Covid-19, the Department of Health has confirmed, and 378 more cases of the virus have also been reported, bringing the total number of cases reported so far to 67,903.

Dr Holohan said the average daily five-day case count "is rising and is now over 400 per day".

"This is a worrying development which has persisted for the last few days," he said.

SO THERE ARE TWO POINTS OF VIEW .TAKE YOUR PICK .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »

Dalyer we might open for December but we will be closed again .I posted up here about 6 months ago a mate of mine on the Temple Bar Traders said February 2021 .But without Tourists ,Gigs,Regular Sports events not just Brogans or Hogans open there will be no wages .If I was asked to say we will or will we  not be Open for December ie level 2 or less I recon we wont reopen .Houlohan keeps changing his mind Mick from Cork only wants the Schools open and Leo the snitch wants to protect the Hospitals .Billions has been spent trying to stop the spread of the fever dont think they can or will open up for christmas if they do and it goes wrong then Lockdown 3 will be ignored .Im looking at Parking up the Car cancelling the Insurance and Car repayments in January .Think it was Merch who said he had mot balled his motor .I cant afford the costs of staying in this business unless all the restrictions are lifted .My coffers are bare I have just about enough to keep going till early next year .

Agree with alot there john
Splash and go is gone
Had a guy in car last nite selling his horse that he uses outside storehouse because he can't feed it
Tourism is fucked
100 euro is a great sat nite its mad

How house pr6are still up I don't know

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 01:48:11 pm »

And he’s off again
thats a very unfortunate statement considering your user name,butat least your right I am off again unlike you whi keeps asking peoople to jerkmeoff

john m

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 01:54:25 pm »
What Im reading is TDs Jasus lads if it was down to me id let yee swallee Porter and grab a keebaabbee on the way home but for fuck sake that Houlahan fella could fuck the whole lot up .Anyway Happy Christmas .To Quote the Doc ITS ALL A LOAD OF BOLLOX .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 02:08:00 pm »
Fuk them ...dangerous 80 year old death traps ....delighted
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 02:09:37 pm »
Ya said all that in a very flat Dublin accent

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 02:10:36 pm »
And the shouting tru a megaphone a load of lies ...and the litter from plastic viking helmets all over the streets ....
If you wer a viking wud yu stick horns on yur head an look like a plonker ? ....
Leprechauns and quiet man hogwash.....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 02:11:12 pm »
42 house prices are up because unlike you and me Civil servants are still on full bounty for sitting at home doing less .Lads on sites that are working are earning well .Its just lower skilled manual and retail workers that are taking the brunt of this fever .Our Kids mate works in admin in a Hospital her Da is a Gard mother a schoolteacher brothers are in the civil service .They cant spend what they earn the three Kids are all saving for deposits .This Dizeese has no economic effect on some families .The long term effect of Lockdown will be felt for a long time in Dublin 8,10,12 22,24 ..Somebody asked me the other day if there was a food bank in Clondalkin the Covid coin only covers their rent .I dont think the real impact of this is being covered in the papers .You see a bit of it here lads struggling to cover costs .My car loan and insurance would pay a decent mortgage .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 10:43:59 pm »
It's not gonna hit the fan till the 350s are stopped
Theres little of older lads leaving the industry
Shamie roe anyone know him? Left and he at it since 1969

Show Unread Posts