Author Topic: Another free fiver from PP today--  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Another free fiver from PP today--
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:21 pm »
Dunno how yis are getting free bets. Boyle's told me never to darken their virtual door again and, as for Sky Bet, they won't even let me play the ITV7.

Not even bingo?

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 09:13:28 pm »
Free bets are most usually not worth a Fook fer me anyway, invariably they seem to always lose fer me, This last one being the only exception.

Take the great Orange Toad tragedy, I opened up multiple online accounts last Feb using every free bet on offer and had it all on Trump and with a bit of luck from a few hot pot favs in accum's to un-lock the free online bets, I managed to get a decent wedge on the Fookin Orange idiot at about Evens (he was 1.64 on the exchange at the time) and it all went downhill from there.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:28:45 pm by Belker »

Offline Belker

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 09:23:25 pm »
Well done Ken --I checked at half time in Utd match as I was contemplating having same  bet and if I was involved I would have saved with Utd @1.3--glad you beat them either way !
Boyles gave me a free tenner today valid for a week---that said I find it hard to beat them despite guaranteed odds on racing but then again not trying too hard thankfully !
Thanks Punter, I grabbed me 125 and ran out the door with it !

Offline Belker

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 09:52:28 pm »
Dunno how yis are getting free bets. Boyle's told me never to darken their virtual door again and, as for Sky Bet, they won't even let me play the ITV7.
I told you before that multiple accounts were the way to go, but on reflection after reading all the rules and regs of the Free bet offers during the Great Orange toad tragedy, they limit the Free bets per household and per IP number, so if the Free bet crowd can do that, then you can be pretty sure that the bookmakers secret service can also see all your details.

You would be shocked to know just how good the bookmakers secret service is at keeping track of everything, I know, I set up most of it.

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 10:31:52 pm »
Back in the day (pre online) every single docket from all 10 of our shops staked at over 20 quid or returning over 50 quid was put to one side after being settled or paid and was sent to head office with the days figures/balance sheet the next day.
My brother CEO or myself assistant CEO might have a browse through them, but me Da the Chairman went through every single docket every single day meticulously, he knew every single customers hand writing.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2020, 10:36:24 pm »
Back in the day (pre online) every single docket from all 10 of our shops staked at over 20 quid or returning over 50 quid was put to one side after being settled or paid and was sent to head office with the days figures/balance sheet the next day.
My brother CEO or myself assistant CEO might have a browse through them, but me Da the Chairman went through every single docket every single day meticulously, he knew every single customers hand writing.

What was your biggest payout?

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 11:08:26 pm »
I don't actually remember the biggest payout, but I do remember the big one we dodged, Billy was the customers name and he had a falling out with the shop manager of our main office but still he would ring his mate big Joe every Saturday to place his bets fer him in our office. I remember being on holidays in Spain and bumping in to big Joe on the street over there and him telling me that Frankie had won the first 3 at Ascot.
What actually happened was that as big Joe was away Billy had to place his own bets and as he would not go in to our shop himself, he went to Ladboke's up the road to place his bets, Billy was a big punter and Frankie Dettori was his favourite jockey, Billy's winning dockets on that fateful 'Super 7' day back in 1996 came to £125,000 Ir punts. Ladbroke had a £100,000 limit on winning bets but to be fair to them they waived it fer all Super 7 winning bets.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2020, 11:22:04 pm »
I don't actually remember the biggest payout, but I do remember the big one we dodged, Billy was the customers name and he had a falling out with the shop manager of our main office but still he would ring his mate big Joe every Saturday to place his bets fer him in our office. I remember being on holidays in Spain and bumping in to big Joe on the street over there and him telling me that Frankie had won the first 3 at Ascot.
What actually happened was that as big Joe was away Billy had to place his own bets and as he would not go in to our shop himself, he went to Ladboke's up the road to place his bets, Billy was a big punter and Frankie Dettori was his favourite jockey, Billy's winning dockets on that fateful 'Super 7' day back in 1996 came to £125,000 Ir punts. Ladbroke had a £100,000 limit on winning bets but to be fair to them they waived it fer all Super 7 winning bets.

Is Billy a rich man or does bet until its gone? I think its a mugs game, the ordinary 5/8ths never win, long term.

Offline Belker

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2020, 11:30:15 pm »
Worst days in the game in no particular order;
1982, When all, and I mean All the fav's won on the football coupon.
1986, Dawn Run winning the Cheltenham Gold cup.
1990, Tirol (Cork owned) winning the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket.

One of the bigger bets laid or at least one of the biggest to win the most;
3,600EW at First show 25/1 African queen in a 16 horse handicap.
It turned out the mare was a 'Winning Line' selection,
the 'Winning Line' being a tipping service that was red hot at the time,
First show was 25/1 and dropped like a stone going off as 7/4 fav,
One horse was withdrawn bringing the field down to 15 and just 3 places,
African queen was 4th.

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2020, 11:35:56 pm »

Is Billy a rich man or does bet until its gone? I think its a mugs game, the ordinary 5/8ths never win, long term.
I haven't seen the man in many years but if memory serves he was a self-employed tradesman, non drinker or smoker who used to bet a few hundred quid on all multiple bets every weekend, a very nice chap, just glad Ladbroke took the hit over us !

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2020, 11:48:31 pm »

African queen was 4th.

A few bookies went out of business in Galway in 1999 when Bobbyjo won the national.

Offline Belker

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2020, 11:58:39 pm »
About 15 or so years back I was head compiler on the day in my bookie headquarters in Cork, at about 11am I got a call on the internal phone system from one of our city branches, it was Evan, a nice young lad, very straight-laced and honest lad, he said to me; "There's a fella here wants Ten Grand @ 2/5 on the Fav in the 11.15 at Bloemfontein (South Africa)". I ask Evan; "Does he look like he has Ten Grand ?". Evan replies; "No". I say to him; "Fine, let him have it, I'll bet he hasn't the price of a cup of tea in his pocket !".

Ten Grand is always the magic figure and we used to get it a few times every year that some idiot would be sitting at home thinking to himself; 'I'll really show those bookies up today, I'll ask fer a Ten Grand bet and when they refuse me I'll tell the whole of Cork about it !', most usually I will always say "Fine" to them and watch as they turn tail and leg it out the door looking like a fool.

A minute later Evan rings me back; "Yea, he had that Ken, all paid up in cash", I was surprised, I turned on my T.V. monitor and watched the horse lose the race. Five minutes later Evan rings again; "Yer man want's 5 Grand on trap 1 @ 6/4 in the 11.28 at Romford". "Fine" I say "Give it to him, actually give him anything he wants, take the bets first and ring 'em in to me AFTER you take them". I knew I had a 'Whale' on the line and a good manager in Evan running the show on the ground and I sure wasn't gonna let my Whale slip-off my line. The dog won and the customer continued trading in 5 and 10 Thousand Euro bets fer the rest of the morning. When he was all done at about 1.30pm he was down about Thirty grand and he left just as quietly as he had entered.

I rang Evan later in the afternoon fer a chat because I knew that kind of trading can be harrowing on a young lad, I didn't say much to him, but allowed him the opportunity to express his thoughts and concerns to me. I arranged fer the money to be off-counter and out of that shop within 15 minutes of the Whales departure. During our chat Evan told me; "A few of the regular punters had been chatting to yer man and he was an ex-Docker and he got his redundancy last week, his Dream all his life had been to go in to the bookies and bet in Tens of Thousands !".

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2020, 12:04:49 am »
About 15 or so years back I was head compiler on the day in my bookie headquarters in Cork, at about 11am I got a call on the internal phone system from one of our city branches, it was Evan, a nice young lad, very straight-laced and honest lad, he said to me; "There's a fella here wants Ten Grand @ 2/5 on the Fav in the 11.15 at Bloemfontein (South Africa)". I ask Evan; "Does he look like he has Ten Grand ?". Evan replies; "No". I say to him; "Fine, let him have it, I'll bet he hasn't the price of a cup of tea in his pocket !".

Ten Grand is always the magic figure and we used to get it a few times every year that some idiot would be sitting at home thinking to himself; 'I'll really show those bookies up today, I'll ask fer a Ten Grand bet and when they refuse me I'll tell the whole of Cork about it !', most usually I will always say "Fine" to them and watch as they turn tail and leg it out the door looking like a fool.

A minute later Evan rings me back; "Yea, he had that Ken, all paid up in cash", I was surprised, I turned on my T.V. monitor and watched the horse lose the race. Five minutes later Evan rings again; "Yer man want's 5 Grand on trap 1 @ 6/4 in the 11.28 at Romford". "Fine" I say "Give it to him, actually give him anything he wants, take the bets first and ring 'em in to me AFTER you take them". I knew I had a 'Whale' on the line and a good manager in Evan running the show on the ground and I sure wasn't gonna let my Whale slip-off my line. The dog won and the customer continued trading in 5 and 10 Thousand Euro bets fer the rest of the morning. When he was all done at about 1.30pm he was down about Thirty grand and he left just as quietly as he had entered.

I rang Evan later in the afternoon fer a chat because I knew that kind of trading can be harrowing on a young lad, I didn't say much to him, but allowed him the opportunity to express his thoughts and concerns to me. I arranged fer the money to be off-counter and out of that shop within 15 minutes of the Whales departure. During our chat Evan told me; "A few of the regular punters had been chatting to yer man and he was an ex-Docker and he got his redundancy last week, his Dream all his life had been to go in to the bookies and bet in Tens of Thousands !".

Fook sake that's sad!

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2020, 12:09:05 am »

African queen was 4th.

A few bookies went out of business in Galway in 1999 when Bobbyjo won the national.
Bobbyjo didn't hit us too hard, unfortunately we did open an office in Macroom West Cork just a few months before the West Cork trained Imperial call won the Cheltenham Gold cup in 1996.

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2020, 12:11:33 am »
.... Fook sake that's sad!
I totally agree, but what was I supposed to do ?
If I refused him then he would have went around the corner to the next bookie !

Show Unread Posts