Author Topic: Another free fiver from PP today--  (Read 11432 times)

Offline Lizzzy

Re: Another free fiver from PP today--
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2020, 12:25:06 am »
.... Fook sake that's sad!
I totally agree, but what was I supposed to do ?
If I refused him then he would have went around the corner to the next bookie !

You were right, I don't blame you, I would have done the same.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2020, 12:31:56 am »
Worst days in the game in no particular order;
1982, When all, and I mean All the fav's won on the football coupon.
1986, Dawn Run winning the Cheltenham Gold cup.
1990, Tirol (Cork owned) winning the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket.

One of the bigger bets laid or at least one of the biggest to win the most;
3,600EW at First show 25/1 African queen in a 16 horse handicap.
It turned out the mare was a 'Winning Line' selection,
the 'Winning Line' being a tipping service that was red hot at the time,
First show was 25/1 and dropped like a stone going off as 7/4 fav,
One horse was withdrawn bringing the field down to 15 and just 3 places,
African queen was 4th.

A few bookies went out of business in Galway in 1999 when Bobbyjo won the national.
Bobbyjo didn't hit us too hard, unfortunately we did open an office in Macroom West Cork just a few months before the West Cork trained Imperial call won the Cheltenham Gold cup in 1996.
Who was to know, he wasn't a thoroughbred.

john m

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2020, 12:33:11 am »
Big Dommo ran the Book in a Pub in Inchicore .Cheltenham races .Winning a few ton until .Two lads come in for last two races .Hot Weld 33/1 one had a 5er E/w the other had a 5er win both were welders in CIE works horse won .Next race 50/1 winner Why so Mayo one lad had a score out of his winnings on it because he was from Mayo .We didnt have enough cash to pay him so got what we could on a credit card off the barman paid him and told him to come back tomorrow .He came back the next day got his coin had 20e/w on Hairy Molley won @ 33/1 because his missus was called Margaret and had hairy legs .As he put the bet on he said I have to back that you want to see my missus legs you would think the cunt knit them .He disappeared with about 6 months profit .

In another pub running the book on Grand National Day .There was a christening in the church across the road we took about 40 bets on the race 37 of them on Ruby Walsh numbersixvalverde .They all collected their coin headed off to the West County Hotel for the Christening Meal

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 12:45:14 am »
Big Dommo ran the Book in a Pub in Inchicore .Cheltenham races .Winning a few ton until .Two lads come in for last two races .Hot Weld 33/1 one had a 5er E/w the other had a 5er win both were welders in CIE works horse won .Next race 50/1 winner Why so Mayo one lad had a score out of his winnings on it because he was from Mayo .We didnt have enough cash to pay him so got what we could on a credit card off the barman paid him and told him to come back tomorrow .He came back the next day got his coin had 20e/w on Hairy Molley won @ 33/1 because his missus was called Margaret and had hairy legs .As he put the bet on he said I have to back that you want to see my missus legs you would think the cunt knit them .He disappeared with about 6 months profit .

In another pub running the book on Grand National Day .There was a christening in the church across the road we took about 40 bets on the race 37 of them on Ruby Walsh numbersixvalverde .They all collected their coin headed off to the West County Hotel for the Christening Meal

Laughing

john m

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2020, 12:50:37 am »

Laughing

Thanks .

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2020, 12:56:13 am »

Laughing

Thanks .

No you deserve it.

Offline Belker

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2020, 01:11:02 am »
I wasn't afraid to get my hands dirty either even in my times of grandeur as assistant CEO and compiler.

It was a Bank holiday Saturday in circa 2003, my brother the CEO was away on holidays and I had the reins.
As usual when I was head compiler on the day I would have all my homework done the previous night and turn up fer work fully prepared. On that day the 'Sick' staff phone calls were flooding in and the personal manager was doing his best arranging emergency staff relief fer the shops but one shop was left short, it was a shop on the quays and I knew it very well as I had managed it fer 4 years, it was a decent 3 staff shop mid week but definitely needed 4 of a Saturday and now all we had to cover it was 2, thankfully the 2 lads there were both decent workers but I knew they could not cope. Only once did they ring fer help but unfortunately there was none available.

When I finished my shift as acting CEO and head compiler on the day, I rang the quay branch to see how they had fared, the manager seemed distracted, so I drove over to him in my 5 series BMW, I let myself in with my master key and the 2 lads looked like beaten dogs behind the counter, I said to the manager; "What do you need doing ?", I could see it in his eyes 'I can't ask Ken for this' and I said a little bit louder; "What do you need doing ?".
I could see behind the counter as I knew the shop very well, dockets everywhere, cash everywhere, nothing done or even close to being done before finish up. The manager gulped a huge gulp and said to me; "Wash off all the boards and get tomorrow's Bets written up for the morning", "Grand" I said taking off my suit jacket and waist coat to do a boardmans job. Two and a half hours later 3 beaten lads left that shop, but we left with a smile on our face and a joke on our lips fait accompli.

Offline Belker

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2020, 01:17:13 am »
Worst days in the game in no particular order;
1982, When all, and I mean All the fav's won on the football coupon.
1986, Dawn Run winning the Cheltenham Gold cup.
1990, Tirol (Cork owned) winning the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket.

One of the bigger bets laid or at least one of the biggest to win the most;
3,600EW at First show 25/1 African queen in a 16 horse handicap.
It turned out the mare was a 'Winning Line' selection,
the 'Winning Line' being a tipping service that was red hot at the time,
First show was 25/1 and dropped like a stone going off as 7/4 fav,
One horse was withdrawn bringing the field down to 15 and just 3 places,
African queen was 4th.

A few bookies went out of business in Galway in 1999 when Bobbyjo won the national.
Bobbyjo didn't hit us too hard, unfortunately we did open an office in Macroom West Cork just a few months before the West Cork trained Imperial call won the Cheltenham Gold cup in 1996.
Who was to know, he wasn't a thoroughbred.
Neither is anyone else in West Cork !  lol

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2020, 01:25:31 am »
I wasn't afraid to get my hands dirty either even in my times of grandeur as assistant CEO and compiler.

It was a Bank holiday Saturday in circa 2003, my brother the CEO was away on holidays and I had the reins.
As usual when I was head compiler on the day I would have all my homework done the previous night and turn up fer work fully prepared. On that day the 'Sick' staff phone calls were flooding in and the personal manager was doing his best arranging emergency staff relief fer the shops but one shop was left short, it was a shop on the quays and I knew it very well as I had managed it fer 4 years, it was a decent 3 staff shop mid week but definitely needed 4 of a Saturday and now all we had to cover it was 2, thankfully the 2 lads there were both decent workers but I knew they could not cope. Only once did they ring fer help but unfortunately there was none available.

When I finished my shift as acting CEO and head compiler on the day, I rang the quay branch to see how they had fared, the manager seemed distracted, so I drove over to him in my 5 series BMW, I let myself in with my master key and the 2 lads looked like beaten dogs behind the counter, I said to the manager; "What do you need doing ?", I could see it in his eyes 'I can't ask Ken for this' and I said a little bit louder; "What do you need doing ?".
I could see behind the counter as I knew the shop very well, dockets everywhere, cash everywhere, nothing done or even close to being done before finish up. The manager gulped a huge gulp and said to me; "Wash off all the boards and get tomorrow's Bets written up for the morning", "Grand" I said taking off my suit jacket and waist coat to do a boardmans job. Two and a half hours later 3 beaten lads left that shop, but we left with a smile on our face and a joke on our lips fait accompli.

What the hell happened, you won big?

...and there was no mention of a 5 series a few years ago, when you listed off the cars you owned, was it a company car? 

Offline Belker

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2020, 01:39:40 am »
...... What the hell happened, you won big?

...and there was no mention of a 5 series a few years ago, when you listed off the cars you owned, was it a company car?
Nope, it was a private car, probably the best car I ever drove, but the bills to keep the Fookin thing on the road,
it cost me all in about 10K in Irish punts to drive it fer 2 years back in the late Nineties.

And Yes it was mentioned in my list of cars that I owned;
My list starting in 1982;
Datsun 120Y Coupe.
Ford Cortina Tara.
Peugeot 405.
+ Yamaha KM 100.
+ Yamaha KLR 250.
Opel Record.
Nissan Patrol.
Ford Orion.
Ford Sierra.
BMW 520.
VW Golf.
Ford Mondeo.
Opel Zafira.
Hyundai Atoz.
+ Yamaha 50CC Scooter.
Toyota Avensis Taxi.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2020, 02:09:49 am »
...... What the hell happened, you won big?

Nope, it was a private car, probably the best car I ever drove, but the bills to keep the Fookin thing on the road,
it cost me all in about 10K in Irish punts to drive it fer 2 years back in the late Nineties.

And Yes it was mentioned in my list of cars that I owned;
My list starting in 1982;
Datsun 120Y Coupe.
Ford Cortina Tara.
Peugeot 405.
+ Yamaha KM 100.
+ Yamaha KLR 250.
Opel Record.
Nissan Patrol.
Ford Orion.
Ford Sierra.
BMW 520.
VW Golf.
Ford Mondeo.
Opel Zafira.
Hyundai Atoz.
+ Yamaha 50CC Scooter.
Toyota Avensis Taxi.

You are right Ken my apologies.

Offline Belker

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2020, 04:15:18 am »
No worries Lizzzy, good to see you and Happy new year.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2020, 02:54:54 pm »
Dunno how yis are getting free bets. Boyle's told me never to darken their virtual door again and, as for Sky Bet, they won't even let me play the ITV7.

Not even bingo?

I assume not... but the ITV7 is supposed to be free to play... but you have to hold a Sky Bet account to enter and the cunts won't let you if they've closed your account. I've been meaning to write a strongly worded letter to the boss of ITV Sport on the matter... maybe next year!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2020, 03:10:07 pm »
I'd love to join Gala bingo,they go away on weekends anall,i do see ads where they do be havin the craic in barns with the hay bales and all the burds are gorgeous,no fat oul wans or antin!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2020, 03:11:43 pm »
Is there a "not actual game footage" disclaimer?

Show Unread Posts