Author Topic: It's Over, OVER !  (Read 14790 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: It's Over, OVER !
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2021, 02:58:37 pm »
Did he win?

Punchestown isnt on today even  :D
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2021, 03:58:59 pm »
Did he win?

Sorry fairyhouse Occi but I can still spot half a million Euro worth of not so good .Lost .

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2021, 05:03:30 pm »
Did he win?

Sorry fairyhouse Occi but I can still spot half a million Euro worth of not so good .Lost .

Yea it's weird alrite johnny ....a horse is worth more than us ...an if it breaks a leg it gets shot in the head an ends up in a tin of pedigree chum or a tesco burger ......
Doesn't do antin for me self esteem  oops

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2021, 06:11:14 pm »
You'll never go too far wrong laying odds on shots in Irish racing.

john m

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2021, 06:18:59 pm »
Rodent I spoke to you before about the Price being paid for Store Horses .It has to be Money laundering .A National Hunt Horse has little or no future value unlike flat horses where a Good stallion like Galileo is worth over a Billion .That horse today had a very poor French Pedigree his dam and grand dam won over Hurdles but no speed in his pedigree so he wasent going to be a Guarenteed Hurdler and No real Chasing Pedigree .So what were they paying Half a Million For .

Back to the point we cannot make a living for 60 hours a week driving a cab but there seems to be plenty of people with hundreds of thousands to spend on Hobby Horses

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2021, 06:22:21 pm »
It's a bit nuts alright. There was a time an ordinary punter could aspire to (part) owning a NH horse with reasonable pedigree. Nowadays it's even too rich for the likes of Michael O'Leary... I blame rich Ritchie and his ilk, more money than sense, etc... but it'll probably all end in tears.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2021, 06:35:46 pm »
It's our imported American neo capitalism ....I see Bezos wife donated 500 million dollors to blax lives matters.....that's nice ....an  100s of thousands of blacks livin in tents up an down the highways of America.....
I suppose she can sleep a little less guiltily knowing she donated 2 days of her husbands wages  into a bank account
in the Cayman islands ...

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2021, 06:43:00 pm »
Did he win?
.Novice Hurdle ran in Fairyhouse a month ago four of the horses cost 250,000 or more prize money was 8,600 to the winner

There was a time when you'd only ever see something like that in flat racing as the jumps game was seen as the ordinary Joe's sport apart from the odd headline purchase.Now it truly is an orgy of the rich.

john m

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2021, 06:46:53 pm »
Rat .Sports Spending hasent stopped during the Fever and look at Brexit .The Premier League can now only buy European Players with a Pedigree .I love the Whole Brexit thing nonsence about blocking free movement Man City ,Chelsea .Arsenal Liverpool not a Dozen Brits playing  among them .But I laughed today when I saw Rangers Gloating that they bet Celtic and looking out from behind the reporter was a United Nations of Players .I remember when Mo Johnston left Celtic and went to Rangers he was the First Catholic to play for Rangers and there were genuine threats to his life .In 1967 when Celtic won the European Cup all their Players came from Glasgow .Sort of Crazy now .In the 1960 Jimmy Hill led a strike to get more wages for players who were on an average of £12 a week about the same as a black Cab driver .Now Premier League players earn enough every week to buy both your and my gaff and still have a few quid left to get a tattoo on their neck .

Thing thats going to be the Big danger from this Fever the divide between the have a little and have fuck alls .Anybody working for the state are working from home or on restricted Duty but on Full Pay .The only people really struggling are low paid workers like ourselves or those that are locked out of their toil .I posted here in November that there would be no Paddys Day Parade ,Most of what I posted was Correct now Ill tell you there is Blind Panic in Dep of Education because of Court cases There will be NO LEAVING CERT EXAMS in June as the way they marked last years was deemed unfair .

Offline Belker

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2021, 06:25:09 am »
I was out last night on these days Rare FN Gold status and on Priority with ambassador status. Which is more or less Top of the Tree.

I only went out to get Smokes and a Munch starting at 1am.
1.5 hours later and no job, not even an offer from the app and the streets totally deserted.

I got me smokes and had me munch all with the app on during the 1.5 hours and then did a lap of the city before heading fer home with Zilch on the sheet.
The app binged as I was in the southern suburbs fer a job 10.6km away, I declined it.
It binged a Second time and I had a good long look at it, 10.4km away coming 12.6km back to the city and motorway fer 3/4 of the trip.
I took it just to have something on my sheet before I went home, I did that and then took another short hop fer a Second job and meandered me way home slowly after dropping northside, but that was it, no further offers, 2 hours, 2 jobs.

And that is probably a good nights work !

Online watty

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2021, 09:19:34 am »
@ Belker - I know you went a bit mental the last time but would you not park up for a few weeks?  The virus is out of control in Cork and the rest of the country.  CUH is effectively closed and 100 nurses are out sick.  Cork is not a place to get sick at the moment!

Apart from drug runs, I can't imagine who would want a taxi at the moment (enough to make a weekly wage). 

NPHET is begging people to stay at home & work from home.  The teachers are putting their foot down and want the schools to stay closed.  Hospital and ICU admissions have doubled in a week and are likely to double or treble in another week.  The next two weeks are ones in which we all should just write off and stay home.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2021, 09:29:57 am »
You're dead right watty....the number of cases yesterday was scary with god knows how many  in their sick beds untested but know themselves they're riddled.....cue the Doc!!

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2021, 09:47:08 am »
@ Belker - I know you went a bit mental the last time but would you not park up for a few weeks?  The virus is out of control in Cork and the rest of the country.  CUH is effectively closed and 100 nurses are out sick.  Cork is not a place to get sick at the moment!

Apart from drug runs, I can't imagine who would want a taxi at the moment (enough to make a weekly wage). 

NPHET is begging people to stay at home & work from home.  The teachers are putting their foot down and want the schools to stay closed.  Hospital and ICU admissions have doubled in a week and are likely to double or treble in another week.  The next two weeks are ones in which we all should just write off and stay home.

+1

Online watty

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2021, 09:49:48 am »
The thing is doctors have gotten much better at treating the virus and you've a good chance of surviving it if you end up in hospital.  But you need a bed and doctors & nurses that are 100% alert. 

If the virus really gets out of control and there's no beds and doctors are knackered, they might have to play 'God' and pick and choose who gets to live and who dies.  I'm not that lucky so I'm avoiding the virus!

Offline Belker

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2021, 09:53:44 am »

Firstly Thank you fer your concern Watty, much appreciated.
I really don't know what to do at the moment, it's Monday morning now and I will happily Sleep and Drink through today and tomorrow, but come Wednesday and the itch to get back out to work will sit in with me, I might make it through Wednesday or even Thursday at a big push, but come Friday I need to be outta de house and on the street.

Show Unread Posts