Author Topic: It's Over, OVER !  (Read 14568 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: It's Over, OVER !
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2021, 10:46:55 pm »
And it's dry January!!

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2021, 10:54:29 pm »
Ken "Cocktail" Cash.

Offline Belker

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2021, 10:57:33 pm »
what is the standard bootleg markup on prices ken.
I still have bottles of arthur scargill sploshing around in the boot from the first lockdown.
I never flogged one because cunts thought I was joking when I told them my boot was full of hammer.
Outside of my few regulars I don't really bother with it anymore.
The standard mark-up fer a 12.78 bottle of supermarket V and a decent 2L 7-up mixer is 35.
Fer buying, storing and delivery costs you need to be making a minimum of a Score per job,
and most important is that your client base is always reliant on repeat custom.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2021, 11:11:22 pm »

Offline Belker

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2021, 12:02:50 am »
When I packed up the Bootleg biz about 5 years ago, I sent out a group text to my about 400 clients that I was 'Packing up' and got some very appreciative texts back.

About a year later I got a MyTaxi job in the Southern suburbs, it was 'Dave' an old Bootleg customer of mine and a Gas man.
In he sits and looks at me and sez; "OMG, it's you ! Ken the Bootlegger, I thought you had retired, We all got your text about 'Packing up', I tell ya Bey, there was fella's crying on the street and buying mass card's an all ! "

Offline Belker

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2021, 12:13:47 am »
I did get a lovely tribute a few years back, I picked up this chungwan in town going out to Bishopstown,
her face was very familiar to me, but I said nothing, she is sat in the back on her phone as we drive out.
Then she puts down her phone and sez to me; "Your Ken Cash ? Aren't ya ?"
I reply; "I am Luv",
She sez; "Oh, we had so many parties 'Ken Cash'in' over the years !"
Next she is on her phone again and I hear her say; "You won't believe who is driving me home,
it's the Urban Legend, Ken Cash !".

We arrive at her home and there is Six lads standing out on the street forming a Guard of Honour
awaiting our arrival, I didn't know there names but I recognized all their faces and each lad in turn
shook my hand and sincerely thanked me fer my service over the years.

I will have to admit being a tad emotional leaving the scene.

john m

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:15 am »
Garda Crack Bootlegging Case .Garda Mursheen Foley from the Barracks on the Main Street today Arrested and charged a man who supplies Porter from the boot of his car .The great Leo Veradkar TD recently announced that Off Licence Porter Places will be closing early nobody knows why as it will just mean Street Hoboes mixing with Grannys in Tesco or Lidil during old Ladies Shopping Hour .The sting was set up by Lillian O Flaherty from the Paper who ordered loads of slabs of Porter lashings of Vodka ,Gemmy and a drop of 7 up .Garda said there was an active villian in Cork for many years but they could never catch the wiley Portable Publican .Young Lillian said the scourge of Porter has desimated parts of Cork and East Kerry for years and she became aware of the presence of a notorious bootlegger from his social media poste .The Sting was set up and a Photographer was on site to photograph the handover of the illicit fluid and the cash .One Policeman said we were surprised when the Portable Publican turned out to be a licenced taxi driver who will now be refused his licence renewal .A woman from the Penny Dinners said its great to see pushers of portable porter off the streets .(see full pictures of the sting on pages 2,3,4 and 7)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2021, 12:47:26 pm »
Garda Crack Bootlegging Case .Garda Mursheen Foley from the Barracks on the Main Street today Arrested and charged a man who supplies Porter from the boot of his car .The great Leo Veradkar TD recently announced that Off Licence Porter Places will be closing early nobody knows why as it will just mean Street Hoboes mixing with Grannys in Tesco or Lidil during old Ladies Shopping Hour .The sting was set up by Lillian O Flaherty from the Paper who ordered loads of slabs of Porter lashings of Vodka ,Gemmy and a drop of 7 up .Garda said there was an active villian in Cork for many years but they could never catch the wiley Portable Publican .Young Lillian said the scourge of Porter has desimated parts of Cork and East Kerry for years and she became aware of the presence of a notorious bootlegger from his social media poste .The Sting was set up and a Photographer was on site to photograph the handover of the illicit fluid and the cash .One Policeman said we were surprised when the Portable Publican turned out to be a licenced taxi driver who will now be refused his licence renewal .A woman from the Penny Dinners said its great to see pushers of portable porter off the streets .(see full pictures of the sting on pages 2,3,4 and 7)

Link?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2021, 02:28:18 pm »

Link?
THE BOXROOM BUGLE  8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2021, 03:08:27 pm »
I wouldn't say that boxroom has ever seen a bugle....paper or otherwise!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2021, 02:14:40 am »
The thin blue have no interest in bootleggers, if you sell a bottle at 2.30am then 5 hours earlier or in 8 hours time it would be legal, hardly crime of the century !

I know full well that I have been ratted out many times to plod, druggies are notorious canaries when they are caught and giving up a lone bootlegger is an easy option but I never had my collar felt.

Either way I'm long gone from that biz and they would do well to catch me now with me half dozen "A list" regulars and a very limited stock.
The bootleg game was good to me in the recession years and kept the wolf from the door but as things picked up I could make more legally working the streets than illegally working the bootleg game.

If'n I had the option to go back to it today, then I would, but I know the custom just is not there and I never bothered to go searching fer it.

Offline Belker

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2021, 02:30:12 am »
It's now 2.30am of a Friday night, 5 years back my phone would have been Hopping off the hook, even fer the past few years the streets would have been great with 2 or 3 regular bootleg jobs thrown in. But tonight I'm sat here, did me 6 hour shift earlier fer a job an hour and packed up out of boredom at Midnight and my phone has not rang even once all night.

It's Over ! OVER !!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2021, 12:21:06 pm »
And you used to look forward to the burds night out in Jan anall Ken...which happened to coincide with mickey money day(last Tues)this year.

john m

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2021, 12:56:50 pm »
But your an Ambassadore with loads of medals anall .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2021, 01:24:18 pm »
Like Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf of the taxi wurld!!

Show Unread Posts