Author Topic: Bank Charges  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Bank Charges
« on: January 03, 2021, 06:15:30 pm »
Bank of Ireland has recently implemented it's new €6/month current account fee. No doubt armed Gardai will be deployed if there's insufficient puppy dole in any account to cover this extortion.

Anywaysanall, I know we have some financially savvy contributors so maybe yisser can advise which banks you use and why... and more specifically, any of yis getting puppy dole and/or wages from Free Now paid into a N26 account?

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/n26/RG7FQ3/current-account/

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Bank Charges
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 06:40:05 pm »
Bank of Ireland has recently implemented it's new €6/month current account fee. No doubt armed Gardai will be deployed if there's insufficient puppy dole in any account to cover this extortion.

Anywaysanall, I know we have some financially savvy contributors so maybe yisser can advise which banks you use and why... and more specifically, any of yis getting puppy dole and/or wages from Free Now paid into a N26 account?

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/n26/RG7FQ3/current-account/

I tink the post office braut in a 5 euro  charge a month

The credit union I dont know about but if they follow suit ....
They'd hardly be a community service an will become just another bank
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 06:41:26 pm »

Offline Octavia1

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 07:48:26 pm »
Never heard of N26 other than on a road map.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 07:51:34 pm »
I thought PTSB had no (€18) quarterly fees once there was a daily balance of 3k,they haven't informed me of any change in that policy,
I started using my BoI current account when i got a real job back in Sept,they've already taken fees up to Dec and charged the new €6 per month fee in advance.

@Marky,
Had ye down for an N17 man meself....stone walls and the grass is green anall!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 06:45:02 pm »
You shoulda clicked the link, MMW. I opened a N26 account, Free Now wouldn't accept it - not sure why but I'll see if I can find out in due course as "IBAN discrimination" is against SEPA/EU regulations. I have to go down to the dole office when I get a chance to see if they'll take it as you need a PSC to change your bank online. I wouldn't imagine they'll have a problem with it though, I know a civil servant who gets his salary paid to his N26 account.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 07:26:08 pm »
I thought PTSB had no (€18) quarterly fees once there was a daily balance of 3k,they haven't informed me of any change in that policy,
I started using my BoI current account when i got a real job back in Sept,they've already taken fees up to Dec and charged the new €6 per month fee in advance.

@Marky,
Had ye down for an N17 man meself....stone walls and the grass is green anall!!
I still suffer from PTSB!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 04:12:29 pm »
You shoulda clicked the link, MMW. I opened a N26 account, Free Now wouldn't accept it - not sure why but I'll see if I can find out in due course as "IBAN discrimination" is against SEPA/EU regulations.

I finally got round to tackling Free Now's initial refusal of my N26 account details today. Quick email exchange seems to have sorted it, as follows:

Me:

Hi,

I contacted your driver helpline some time ago to update my bank details but was informed that you could not accept the IBAN provided. I have checked that the IBAN (as below) is valid and fully supported within the SEPA system so I don't understand why your "computer says no" and would appreciate a more substantive response, bearing in mind that "IBAN discrimination" runs contrary to SEPA and EU regulations.

Your attention to the same is very much appreciated and I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Stephen O'Connell.

IBAN : [removed]

Free Now:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching FREE NOW

In order to make the change of bank account in our system, for security reasons, we need you to confirm your date of birth.

Waiting for your response.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Me:

Hi ****,

Thank you for your reply.

My date of birth is [removed].

Kind Regards,

Stephen O’Connell.

Free Now:

Hi Stephen,

I can confirm that your IBAN was updated to:

[removed]

Have a good day!

Best regards,

Maybe the lad I phoned just put the number in wrong or something... Can't wait to get back to work and check that it's working!

Offline watty

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 05:07:52 pm »
On a slightly related note, these new EU 'know your customer' regulations are causing all kinds of bumps in the road.  Over in the Irish Times, they're giving absurd examples.  One of the new rules is that high profile customers like politicians need extra protection.  Can't remember which internet bank it was but they were emailing people asking if they were related to Politician X.  Most thought it was a spam/phishing email and ignored it.  Until the bank froze their accounts!  Then the customers descended into the bank's 'we care about your customer' customer service hell.

Also, I do all my internet banking from my desktop computer but apparently, for security reasons, the bank insisted I install the app on my mobile phone as well.  What could possibly go wrong!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 05:17:41 pm »
BOI?

If so https://original.365online.com still works. You can get there by clicking through a few pages culminating with a tiny link reading "I don't have a smartphone/tablet" or some such.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:21:21 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline watty

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 05:36:04 pm »
Yeah, BOI and found out about that link afterwards.  BOI were keeping that quiet.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 06:15:14 pm »
Yeah, IIRC it was necessary to click through a few pages kinda letting on to be on a phone or tablet... then scroll right down the bottom to find the tiny link!

... and the cheeky cunts charging €6/month while they close branches and force pensioners to buy high fangled yokes they know nothing, and care less, about!

I hope I can get all my credits/debits on to N26 while they still have some human working somewhere who I can tell to shove their account where the sun doesn't shine. Thieving bastards!

Show Unread Posts