Author Topic: Kin(ahans)  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Kin(ahans)
« on: January 11, 2021, 11:50:22 am »
https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rte-hoping-new-drama-inspired-23291444

RTE is hoping a new blockbuster crime drama inspired by the notorious Kinahan mob will be as successful as Love/Hate.

Kin is an eight-part series that follows the activities of a family of Dublin gangsters who go to war with thugs from rival gangs.

An insider said: “Kin means family but it is also the first three letters of the Kinahan family.

“The series is not based on them but there is no doubt the Kinahan and Hutch feud over the past few years was some kind of inspiration for the new series.

“It’s about a fictional crime family in Dublin and their underworld dealings with other criminal families.

“It’s not the Kinahans’ story but people can draw their own conclusions. Viewers will be able to make up their own mind about it.”

Game of Thrones star Aidan Gillen, 52, plays the head of the family which will automatically draw comparisons to Love/Hate in which he played gang boss John Boy in the first two seasons before the character was shot dead.

Filming of Kin began in November and the first block of four episodes has already been shot by Red Rock director Diarmuid Goggins, who also made numerous episodes of Bulletproof, Silent Witness, Casualty and Hollyoaks.

Another four episodes will be filmed over the next two months with crew and cast hoping the series will be screened in the spring.

The insider added: “It looks really good. It seems very exciting and the acting and the script are really tight. They have really gone to town with the set and the design and their location.

“They even fabricated a ‘Dublin West Hospital’ in this huge centre at Seapoint on the coast.

“The hope would be that Kin would turn out like Love/Hate which was commissioned for a few episodes but then went on to seasons two, three, four and five.”

Filming went ahead during lockdown and the production team are hoping there will be no Covid-related delays.

Irish stars of the show include Maria Doyle Kennedy, Clare Dunne, Ciaran Hynds, Emmett Scanlan and Sam Keeley.

The insider said: “They are very strict with all the actors and crew. Everyone has to be tested before going on set and strict procedures are enforced.

“Everybody is given a comfort pack when they arrive and there is absolute social distancing between takes.

“Masks are off for action and then immediately put back on once the scene is over. Covid tests are done every few days for those on set. It is fairly clinical.”

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Kin(ahans)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 12:16:16 pm »
Another reason not to buy a tv licence......
Glorifying these drug peddling scum of the earth wasters that contribute nothing but early death to our country .....
Wat the fuk is wrong wit that rte shower of halfwits

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:27:19 pm »
The Family in Ballyfermot are the Grendon clan. Although Gillen looks more like Christy K.

I wonder is this depressing shite written by Stuart Carolan ( AKA Navan Man)?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 12:57:09 pm »
Some more inspiration for the wannabes,i'd say it'll be controversial by having a woman crime boss who doesn't mind seeing traitors having their balls cut off in front of her while she casts a wry smile in his direction as he begs for mercy....i'm not givin anymore away lads!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 01:50:20 pm »
Is McKnacker in it? ::fuck

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 02:00:37 pm »
I think his lambo has a cameo!!...word up!! lol

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 02:42:48 pm »
The Family in Ballyfermot are the Grendon clan. Although Gillen looks more like Christy K.

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/feared-crime-gang-the-family-are-top-of-garda-hit-list-in-latest-crackdown-39955330.html

Its in the Sunday Worst...so it must be true!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 02:45:39 pm »
I think his lambo has a cameo!!...word up!! lol
I saw his BMW i8 parked with two wheels on the path on Rafters Road last year.

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 03:02:16 pm »
Took two young lads, from fancy apartments in the Dunlaoire, on a return trip to the local garage for smokes, ice, crisps, water, 7up. Reeking of weed , behaving in the sterotypical manner, with the swagger, and cavalier attitude. In my ear about how much he was making on Bitcoin, and telling me that he had bought the apartment for €850k, and would spend the rest of his like "chillin' and smokin' weed.
Might have been true that he bought the gaff (from his savings!), couldn't see anyone renting it directly to him. Blocked the job for the future, don't need the mind fuck.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 03:31:50 pm »

They own a garage friend of mine bought a car from them few yr back without knowing
Got followed for a month by garda thinking he was connected to them
Utter fear dealing scum

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 03:58:07 pm »
I appreciate your point, Octy... but I must confess to thoroughly enjoying Love hate.

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 04:26:34 pm »
I appreciate your point, Octy... but I must confess to thoroughly enjoying Love hate.
One could also make the same argument for the movies which I'm sure that we all enjoyed, i.e. "Goodfellas", "The Godfather", et al.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 04:52:31 pm »
Should artists ignore their environs or draw inspiration from what they observe? I do like Goodfellas as well. I used to play cards with a bloke nicknamed "two times" 'cos he never failed to recite his intended action at least twice before acting!

Online Octavia1

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 05:47:47 pm »
I like a good western an i liked goodfellows but
Them italians wer into everything ....
I hate drugs ....
See wat happened all them in goodfellows ...they all killed each other ....snuffed it ...or ended up snuffin it in prison .....an they call themselves " wiseguys" rofl ....dopey cnuts
Imagine havin a billion in the bank an bein imprisoned in some skyscraper wearing a bullit proof vest for the rest of yur life .......wat yu goin spend the bleedin money on ....?.
Bullit proof windows ...? Bomb proof bedrooms ? Wonderin which yur mates is goin turn grass on yu  C:-)
Poor cnuts .....
I'm richer than them by a country mile an smarter .....
Fuk em

Online Octavia1

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 05:50:56 pm »
None them cnuts wit guns scare me one iota
.....a wife wit a solicitor  on the other hand an I'll shite me trousers  ???

Show Unread Posts