Author Topic: Hmmmm  (Read 3235 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Hmmmm
« on: January 12, 2021, 11:35:51 am »
 Not one mention of taxis in this press release.If someone isn't allowed to spread disease in a big spacious double decker bus with a mask how can they be ok to use a small little taxi.

Because they didn't specifically mention taxis some people will assume they're ok to use for getting to and from the test center.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/reminder-people-attending-a-covid-test-appointment-should-not-use-public-transport/

Yeah I know it's all a loada bollox but something to think about.Especially when they're saying there are no spare beds in 13 hospitals today.I hope they at least have ventilators in the car parks..

Offline Punter

Re: Hmmmm
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:46:13 am »
There was a creche worker on to Pat Kenny --guy dropped is two kids into creche and one kid to school  on his way for a Covid Test--all proved positive !

Joe Public really cant be depended on  but most of us know that !

john m

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 12:08:35 pm »
Merch When I post shit you sometimes laugh but think it through .Why did taxi drivers get free Licence renewal they said because business was bad and we needed help but other licenced business did not get free licences .They particularly mentioned Taxi drivers when they said we could earn 940 a fortnight and claim PUP.I did say our Moronic Idiot reps should of asked for a few Grand for every driver to help keep his Car maintained and Insured .The heads in the Government departments have known all along they need an alternative transport system in case the Busses ,School Busses ,Luas ,Dart AMBULANCE SERVICE are overwhelmed .So they designate taxis as essential workers they get cover for any transport shortage for free while they will pay Hundreds of Millions to rent Private Hospital beds just in case they need them .A lot of WAVs are licenced on condition they are AVAILABLE to do ACCESSABLE jobs .So We are essential we are allowed earn but can WAV drivers refuse to do ACCESSABLE work and keep their licence .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 01:02:06 pm »
What maintenance would a joe need sitting in a driveway other than giving it a run around the block and keeping tyre pressures correct,

Anyhoo...got me covid coin today,i feel one with yis again...comrades!!

john m

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 01:29:03 pm »
What maintenance would a joe need sitting in a driveway other than giving it a run around the block and keeping tyre pressures correct,

Nobody said you have to spend it on Maintenance or Insurance just that you got it bit like City West got millions to be available and the Private Hospitals got millions to be available .I wonder how many of those Hospital beds were made every day .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 07:19:16 pm »

Oil change every two years, timing belt every 5 years, pollen and air filters every 6 years, fuel filter every 9 years, it's all in the service manual.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 07:56:25 pm »

Oil change every two years, timing belt every 5 years, pollen and air filters every 6 years, fuel filter every 9 years, it's all in the service manual.

Timing belt...... lol

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 08:00:44 pm »
Sorry, there's no time based specification for the timing belt, it's fixed at 210,000 kilos on my yoke... well spotted Hal. That's just something I sorta decided I'll probably apply myself as it was given as a recommendation in a main dealer's advertisement in the taxi magazine that gets published on http://psv.ie - links generally provided in our own Trade Publications section - and it's a once in a lifetime (of car) event in my case regardless.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:03:36 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 08:06:54 pm »
Timing belts are so last year..or in my case with my Priussss pre 2006.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 08:10:08 pm »
Is it a chain in the Prius? Some of the VAG petrol engines use chains but I think all the diesels are still belts and, afaik, they're contact engines i.e. if the belt breaks it's likely to damage valves at least... so shouldn't be left to chance.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 08:14:01 pm »

Welcome back comrade.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 08:16:26 pm »

Do you have to change the gearbox oil?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:52 pm »
No. I have the 7 speed "Dry Clutch" DSG in my current Octy. That's a sealed unit and should be left alone... unklike it's predecessor, a 6 speed "Wet Clutch" version which requires very frequent fluid changes, every 60,000 kilos or 3 years I think. My last Octy was a MKII manual. There's no spec for changing the gear oil in that but I got the clutch changed at 150,494 kilos and asked Stuart (in Euroclutch) to change the GB oil as well. He said it wasn't necessary, noting that they never give any triouble if left alone but undertook to do it anyway just because I wanted it done. I followed the same policy with the Octy before that as well, a MKI stick shift.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 08:47:17 pm »

Do you have to change the gearbox oil?

I do...and i know MFH does....
Initially changing the transmission fluid wasn't even on the service schedule but i think they've changed that...i must check the service guide on my current heap.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 08:57:01 pm »
Toyota automatics were very soft. I broke two of them on a Corrolla I had back in the 90s... putting it into park before while barely rolling was all it took to kill it, the smell of cats piss lets you know the fluid has left the vehicle! Mind you, I done the same to a rental over in the United States of America, that was a Chevvy.

Show Unread Posts