Author Topic: Investing in a Sustainable Future  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Investing in a Sustainable Future
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:42:03 pm »
Junk mail from Free Now:

We're investing in a sustainable future

Did you know we already have Ireland's largest fleet of electric and hybrid taxis? Our Eco taxis offer you a more sustainable way to travel with the same speed and convenience, at no extra cost.

At FREE NOW, we are passionate about making a sustainable future a reality so we’re making some big, green, industry-leading pledges:

Supporting Irish drivers switch to electric

We’re investing €6million to help every driver switching to electric buy a home charger through our grant match initiative.

100% net zero emissions by 2030

We aim to reach 100% net zero emission rides by 2030, in all key FREE NOW markets across Europe.

Planting 20,000 trees across Europe

Until we reach this goal, we will offset all carbon emissions starting from 2020 and plant 20,000 trees across Europe, preserving and regenerating forests.

We're looking forward to playing our part in delivering a more sustainable future. We will continue to work closely with the Irish Government and our sustainability partners to become the first mobility platform to achieve a net zero plan.

Book Eco Today

Hopefully you'll join us on this journey,

Your FREE NOW team

Offline silverbullet

Re: Investing in a Sustainable Future
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 03:42:51 pm »
Junk mail from Free Now:

We're investing in a sustainable future
Posted elsewhere.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 03:45:05 pm »
I think that was a newspaper report. This is from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 03:48:08 pm »
I think that was a newspaper report. This is from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Let's hope the 20,000 trees are a big hit! 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 03:49:49 pm »
I'd say the taxi unions might have something to say about that. Didn't DCC cut down all the trees on NCR so the Africans can use public transport like everybody else?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 04:14:21 pm »
Freenow might as well have said 6 feckin billion as the number of drivers availing of any free money will be in the hundreds at most nationwide.

Free advertising in the Irish times is all it is.Not one of BMW or Mercedes fully electric vehicles would be affordable for the average taxi driver paying 15% commission.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 04:17:29 pm »
I wouldn't expect them to keep commission at 15% if they're investing that kinda money. I guess the bigger issue is that they currently have no Eco option for more than 2 passengers.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 04:41:05 pm »
Freenow might as well have said 6 feckin billion as the number of drivers availing of any free money will be in the hundreds at most nationwide.

Free advertising in the Irish times is all it is.Not one of BMW or Mercedes fully electric vehicles would be affordable for the average taxi driver paying 15% commission.
That's why theyll send eamonn an initial proposal for a thousand wheelchair accessible fully electric taxi that's rented to drivers at 500 a week an still charge commission....its coming I told yis ....

Jeszse   ..I think I've ermitis  ???
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 08:47:16 am »
Told Ya so .What better way for Damlier to promote their Electric Car brand than to get Taxi drivers to drive them .Watch for the Deal .Drive a EV and drive for Free Now and they will give you the work they got given by unemployed Taxi drivers .If your under 50 get the fuck out of this Game it has no future as an independent job .

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 09:14:21 am »
If I owned a fleet of 70k+ electric vans I wouldn't want yous fleebags driving them.No offence..Too many variables and wobbly wheels.They'll wait until the cars are legally allowed to drive themselves.Less mistakes.More money.

They want to take their cut without getting their hands dirty for now.15% commission and likely another rise on the way for an app on a phone that we supply out of our own money.

Remember last month month they were trying to sell to Uber.This business is toxic on their balance sheet they can always buy back in ten years from now with another brand without having a load of hairy arsed taxi drivers protesting outside their fancy dealers.

Remember they said 6 million available for leccy car chargers.Even if the leccy fleet doubled next year to 2% of the fleet...which it definitely won't  that's over 2k per eligible driver.The chargers cost as little as 600 and you already get a grant off SEAI..It's complete bollox.The numbers don't add up.

john m

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 09:21:22 am »
Its PR Merch .Do you Remember when Scoda was a dirty word 30 years ago you wouldnt of collected one if you won it in a raffle but as soon as taxi drivers latched on to them people thought if they are good enough for taxi drivers they must be good .6 million spent on House hold chargers .As long as you live in a house and have a parking space no good to somebody living with curbside parking or in an apartment block .This statement got hundreds of thousands of free Advertising for Daimler and Free Now .As the Doc Says .ITS ALL A LOAD OF BOLLOX .

Offline vandriver

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 10:15:58 am »
If they offered me a shiny electric wav to rent,along with super ambassador status, I'd take it.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 10:19:55 am »
If they are committed to net zero emissions by 2030,which is only 1 car change away for a lot of you,the writing is on the wall.
You can see a time(next 5 years,I bet) where they will throw out or heavily penalize fossil fuel cars from the app and you can't say you haven't been given a good long heads up.

john m

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 10:26:10 am »
If they offered me a shiny electric wav to rent,along with super ambassador status, I'd take it.

They will Van at some stage but at what Price .What they will do is jack up the Commission for non EV drivers saying it is their policy to promote EVs and Environmental cleanliness .If I was you Van without a Plate or Car so not committed to this game I would be looking to get out and do something else .Electric bikes and scooters and restrictions on car movement this Game will be very restricted .After China Syndrome we might see a huge Government stimulus spend funded by Europe on Metro and other transport links as I said if I was under 50 I would not be depending on this industry for my future .

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 11:42:46 am »
This is the only country where Freenow have majority of the taxi app work.By 2030 we could easily have another 5 big apps with work.I wont be letting them influence what car I buy.They won't give you 10k when your battery fails.It's just an app.They can be deleted when the time is right in favour of another.

Show Unread Posts