Author Topic: Just got sent this .  (Read 2644 times)

john m

Just got sent this .
« on: January 19, 2021, 08:17:01 pm »
From Bobby Lynch Cork Taxi association
Some of you may or may not be aware that when you send the taxi to be NCTd, the new expiry date can be different to the previous years expiry date. In some cases the difference is quite a few weeks, We the CTC have contacted 3 bodies,NTA, Applus and the PSV office.
The Nta said its an Nct issue so we contacted them and they told us to send the original disc and original cert with a cover note explaining the issue and they will reinstate previous expiry date, we asked is there any other way around the problem and we were told no, when it was pointed out that Applus was asking drivers to drive through garda check points without original disc we were told that is the only way and up to the Gardai . We then contacted the PSV and mayfield Gardai and explained our concerns and possible interpretation issues. We were told that for the moment a photocopy of the original cert should be put in the windscreen sleeve, the PSV office also is sending an email to traffic Corp explaining the issue, while not perfect, for the moment this is the only route drivers can take, The PSV office has assured us that they will email the Nta and Applus to get situation sorted.
The address is:
Cert Administrator. Applus.
3026 lake drive.
Citywest business campus.
Naas Road.
Dublin 24.
Regards
Bobby.

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Just got sent this .
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:27:00 pm »
I already posted about this a couple of weeks back....as every car was granted a four month extension...but as we know the NTA weren't for turning,the NCT(Applus) were instructed to grant everyone the extension so it's convenient for the NTA to pass the buck as they didn't lift a fukin finger to help out.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:54:57 pm »
You posted the problem, Hal... after about 189 others. The erm has given us a solution. It's one of those posts you can't quit after the first misplaced period.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 09:12:43 pm »
Solution?.....if your licence is due for renewal you'll need a valid NCT and as of now(until Applus rectify the situation) expiry dates will be out of sync cos it's a voluntary test.....i still have my NCT booked for early Feb but as i'm planning to lapse my licence i might cancel it and avail of the four month extension.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 09:15:58 pm »
Read past the first line... send the cert to Applus++ and they'll replace it with one that concurs with the previous year... problem solved.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 12:49:06 am »
Read past the first line... send the cert to Applus++ and they'll replace it with one that concurs with the previous year... problem solved.
Does it not say that it should be sent to NCT not Applus?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 01:24:44 am »

All sounds great until you arrive at your LRA and if your cert hasn't arrived back in time and the original disc isn't displayed in the windscreen will the inspector pass it out?.....The NTA and their agents like their T's crossed and their I's dotted and just cos they weren't in it together.

Or are ye sayin....wait till after your free LRA and then do it?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 02:42:08 pm »

All sounds great until you arrive at your LRA and if your cert hasn't arrived back in time and the original disc isn't displayed in the windscreen will the inspector pass it out?.....The NTA and their agents like their T's crossed and their I's dotted and just cos they weren't in it together.

Or are ye sayin....wait till after your free LRA and then do it?
Yes, you have a year to do it.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 06:33:38 pm »
Does it not say that it should be sent to NCT not Applus?

The address is:
Cert Administrator. Applus.
3026 lake drive.

Applus++ operate the NCTS so I guess it's the same thing but it says Applus without the + or ++.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 07:03:47 pm »
Thanks, excuse my ignorance. Thanks for the address, I will need it.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 07:08:40 pm »
The thanks goes to Bobby Lynch of Cork Taxi Association on this occasion.

I've never been slow to criticise Bobby but credit where credit is due. It's an issue that needed to be addressed. Bobby and Cork Taxi Association have delivered the resolution.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 03:11:57 pm »
The thanks goes to Bobby Lynch of Cork Taxi Association on this occasion.

I've never been slow to criticise Bobby but credit where credit is due. It's an issue that needed to be addressed. Bobby and Cork Taxi Association have delivered the resolution.
Tried to book NCT today for Feb 24th, "That week is not open for booking yet, please call back next week".

The lady also said that Bobby's info is not correct, "we can't do that".

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 03:30:09 pm »
laffin.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 03:40:43 pm »
Current NCT expires 31 March 2021, taxi plate licence expires 6 April 2021. NCT today says my NCT expiry is extended to 31/July 2021. So am I correct in thinking that I can continue on with my taxi plate licence until 6 August 2021, if I so choose, and that the cops are aware of all this?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 03:49:43 pm »
laffin.

Disappointing reply....i feel there's something missing.

Show Unread Posts