Author Topic: Children set to starve  (Read 2407 times)

john m

Children set to starve
« on: March 06, 2021, 07:55:15 am »
First it was the Plague now Famine is on the way as ....Irish white sliced pan, pizza dough and wholemeal bread all face price hikes because of Brexit-related tariffs.

It is feared that pleas from the Government for an exemption from the rules will fall on deaf ears in Brussels.

Although the EU agreed a trade deal with the UK in December, a particular blend of UK flour used by Irish bakers has been caught in the tariff net.

Offline silverbullet

Re: Children set to starve
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 11:47:13 am »
First it was the Plague now Famine is on the way as ....Irish white sliced pan, pizza dough and wholemeal bread all face price hikes because of Brexit-related tariffs.

It is feared that pleas from the Government for an exemption from the rules will fall on deaf ears in Brussels.

Although the EU agreed a trade deal with the UK in December, a particular blend of UK flour used by Irish bakers has been caught in the tariff net.
Irish peerdents queueing up outside the community welfare office or De Vinny  for a handout.
Don't believe the hype, Irish kids starving, are you having a giraffe?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 11:59:40 am »
It's already happening, erm. Just look at the mainstream media footage of gangs of adolescents ambushing food delivery riders up above in Dublin. It might look like harmless fun but there's already been at least one life lost.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 12:10:08 pm »
Maybe the pizza companies here should use a different flour so....cos they're shite...the cardboard box they arrive in would probably have more taste!!
I buy these pizza bases in Tesco and create my own,bleedin lovely they are!!

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 12:26:28 pm »
We shud stop building apartments and filling them with foreigners making profit for politicians and ther mates .......and focus on agricultural.....the new wealth of the world with climate change/ population explosion and  vast areas of the earth reduced to dust will be food production.....oil will become obsolete except for military use and the middle east will crumble an go back to living in tents and camel racin on a Saturday afternoon
This country could be the wealthiest on earth with our land and geo position .....of course unfortunately its run by a bunch of buffoons who are squandering ever inch of it to fakebook , google , an goldman sachs an sending our kids to slavery an  armageddon .........
Oh the humanity
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 12:32:26 pm »
Have you ever put peterol in your Prius and driven beyond the canals, Octy. The vast majority of our nation is farmland, much of it occupied by men being paid not to produce any produce and more occupied by those climatic menaces known as cows.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 03:08:41 pm »
Have you ever put peterol in your Prius and driven beyond the canals, Octy. The vast majority of our nation is farmland, much of it occupied by men being paid not to produce any produce and more occupied by those climatic menaces known as cows.
I'm telling yu ratti ...if you come inta money ......buy agricultural land ....any land ...even in leitrim an that's sayin sometin .....an yur grand kids will be retiring at 18 an holidaying in Monaco an shopping in harrods .... the saudai arabians are already buyin it cause dr leo the Micky man is sellin it to them
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 03:42:38 pm »
Maybe the pizza companies here should use a different flour so....cos they're shite...the cardboard box they arrive in would probably have more taste!!
I buy these pizza bases in Tesco and create my own,bleedin lovely they are!!

Nice one Hal. Donnybrook fair do the bases too. When you do your own you can rest assured they're not topped up with East European gozz...usually!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 06:37:49 pm »
You'd have to make your own bases to be sure, SB. I remember driving youngsters to and from a certain bakery in Finglas and them laughing and joking about spitting (and worse) into the dough mixes they were employed to produce.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 06:42:34 pm »
You'd have to make your own bases to be sure, SB. I remember driving youngsters to and from a certain bakery in Finglas and them laughing and joking about spitting (and worse) into the dough mixes they were employed to produce.
Back then we were immune from infection.  The millenials are such softies!
Plus, if a pizza originated in Finglas then commonsense tells you not to eat it.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 06:47:02 pm »
It wasn't that long ago. I'd imagine most bakeries employ minimum wage workers, some of whom seem to find that sort of thing amusing.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 07:42:19 pm »
It wasn't that long ago. I'd imagine most bakeries employ minimum wage workers, some of whom seem to find that sort of thing amusing.
Their response?
Snot amusing! 8)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 12:00:24 am »
Tesco selling Pepperoni Pizzas for 62 cent.Not bad when you compare Supervalu at 3.69 euro
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 10:23:41 pm »
What's good on a pizza but not on a pussy? .................

Crust.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 02:16:09 am »
I asked my Indian neighbour if i could have some bread
          He had naan
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts