Author Topic: Masks mandatory in taxis until 9th Nov  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Masks mandatory in taxis until 9th Nov
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 04:13:06 pm »
Wasted not driving a cab since March '20 but I've pretty much lost interest in most screen time persuits since lockdown. I've booked the initial ADI (driving instructor) exam recently - thanks to the erm finding me a fully funded course - but I have to admit my enthusiasm for study is extremely low at this stage of life so I've kinda decided that if I fail the first test I'll not waste any more time or Govt resources repeating... if I pass it might motivate me a bit, I guess.

Eh...do tell RC.....i looked into the ADI course some time back(pre covid)
Surprised Ermy wasn't jumpin all over this gem he found!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 04:47:00 pm »
PM sent

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2021, 04:57:57 pm »
Wasted not driving a cab since March '20 but I've pretty much lost interest in most screen time persuits since lockdown. I've booked the initial ADI (driving instructor) exam recently - thanks to the erm finding me a fully funded course - but I have to admit my enthusiasm for study is extremely low at this stage of life so I've kinda decided that if I fail the first test I'll not waste any more time or Govt resources repeating... if I pass it might motivate me a bit, I guess.

Very best of luck

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2021, 05:01:01 pm »
Thanks, JIT.

Interestingly (if you're interested in such things) the Nissam Leaf @ 84 is the most popular EV among taximen and the most popular Nissan by quite some distance. Similarly the Prius (2182 + 23 Prius+) is now the most popular Toyota.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 05:29:21 pm »
Apologies, the Avensis is still the most popular Toyota among taxi owners in Ireland, albeit marginally. I overlooked separation of recorded variants, in particular the AVENSIS D4D 2.0 OVERMOUNT.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 05:21:51 am »
30575, 21D eNiro rental from Mechanic 24hr. Things is changin'
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 07:35:06 am »

Eh...do tell RC.....i looked into the ADI course some time back(pre covid)
Surprised Ermy wasn't jumpin all over this gem he found!!

Applied for it got accepted got garda clearance then thought Im 60 do I want or can I get a loan for a suitable vehicle to offer training .Dont want to work for a Driving school for wages .I did suggest to the Rodent giving lessons in the students own car is probably the service to offer as most gangsters Molls are driving Audi/Merc or BMWs you wont teach them much in a Micra .Any hoo Free training worth 3000 and keep your Covid Coin .I did a Haz Chem ADR licence at the states expense during Covid .I opted not to accept the offer of a place on the scheme .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 03:27:19 pm »
Do you not need an adapted car (2 sets of pedals) to provide the service?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 03:39:50 pm »
Do you not need an adapted car (2 sets of pedals) to provide the service?

I thought you did.

john m

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 04:12:10 pm »
Dont know but do you need a car ?a lot of drivers do their pre test in the car they are going to take the test in so I cant see why you can not give lessons in the drivers own vehicle .its about 1200 for the dual control kit fitted .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 05:09:42 pm »
I wouldn't be teaching anyone in a non dual control car who's a complete novice.....it's bad enough hitting the imaginary brake when the missus is driving...and she has a full licence!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 09:46:54 pm »
Dont know but do you need a car ?a lot of drivers do their pre test in the car they are going to take the test in so I cant see why you can not give lessons in the drivers own vehicle .its about 1200 for the dual control kit fitted .

I suppose if someone's doing a test they've some level of ability to do it in a normal car whereas a beginner (or Hal's/my wife type) driver would possibly need a dig out in a situation.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 09:49:11 pm »
And what about the poor Auld leper that failed his driving test......

He left his foot on the clutch
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 07:17:02 pm »
30575, 21D eNiro rental from Mechanic 24hr. Things is changin'

Owned and driven by VASYL BLAHYY according to NTA records. Is Stuart doing car only rentals?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 07:20:42 pm »
I wouldn't be teaching anyone in a non dual control car who's a complete novice.....it's bad enough hitting the imaginary brake when the missus is driving...and she has a full licence!!

Strange as it may seem, there's more logic in the erm's approach. While driving school cars are required to be dual control, AFAIK registered ADIs may give instruction in the learner's vehicle. Either way, at the end of every EDT session the instructor is required to tell the learner to practice for at least 3 hours with his sponsor before the next lesson. So, in effect, you are suggesting that the unqualified sponsor has greater skill than the qualified ADI...

Show Unread Posts