Author Topic: Another screen thread  (Read 4031 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Another screen thread
« on: June 14, 2021, 12:48:45 pm »
So I'm considering returning to work in the next few weeks but I have no screen.I'm guessing I'll be expected to have a screen even though I probably don't care anymore..There's one I've seen that looks decent quality and has a circular glory hole thing.Who's selling them and how much did yis pay?

john m

Re: Another screen thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 12:54:27 pm »
Merch the screens make the job very impersonal  and you feel very confined .Go on line look foe a piece of Plexi glass or Polycarbonate  you will make one for about a score .

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 12:59:43 pm »
Maybe I like impersonal John..after the first couple of years driving the taxi I realised I'd heard everything I wanted to hear.

I'm assuming customers are expecting screens because they think we're more infected that most other people.Are yis not getting passengers refusing to travel without a screen?

john m

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 01:02:40 pm »
Dont know if customers expect screens if they have been sitting under a hail of birdshit drinking pints with no roof .If they got needled they think they are bombproof .Im doing the Suitability this week if I can be bothered wont be putting the screen back .

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 01:04:49 pm »
I really don't want to wear a mask and I should be fully vaccinated in a month so I was thinking the screen might stop the passengers whinging.

john m

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 01:07:33 pm »
I really don't want to wear a mask and I should be fully vaccinated in a month so I was thinking the screen might stop the passengers whinging.

I would prefer the mask than the screen .If the passenger wears a mask etc etc .if not !

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 01:12:07 pm »
So I'm considering returning to work in the next few weeks but I have no screen.I'm guessing I'll be expected to have a screen even though I probably don't care anymore..There's one I've seen that looks decent quality and has a circular glory hole thing.Who's selling them and how much did yis pay?
Myself and I think hal got one aswell ....Oscars garage .....couldn't be better.......only ting is be careful wat you clean it wit as it scratches real easy...whatever yu use test it in a small area first
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 01:13:33 pm »
Myself and I think hal got one aswell ....Oscars garage .....couldn't be better.......only ting is be careful wat you clean it wit as it scratches real easy...whatever yu use test it in a small area first

Bit of hand sanitiser on a cloth .

Online Octavia1

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 01:15:43 pm »
Another ting to watch merc....if a big fat cnut gets in the front and decides to shift the seat all the way back then it cud break .....so don't tighten the straps too tight to give it bit flexibility....
Think I paid 220 or 240

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 01:16:29 pm »
Oscars ok thanks..are they universal fitting or are there different sizes?How much?

john m

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 01:17:22 pm »
Another ting to watch merc....if a big fat cnut gets in the front and decides to shift the seat all the way back then it cud break .....so don't tighten the straps too tight to give it bit flexibility....
Think I paid 220 or 240

HOW FUCKING MUCH .I made one for a score and that was a tip to the lad gave me the piece of Plexiglass .

Online Octavia1

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 01:19:07 pm »

Bit of hand sanitiser on a cloth .
I Had 2 cloths in me car Johnny  ....both them came frompetrol station ...anyway one was grand then another day I started cleaning with the other an it scratched it .....I didn't use any solvent or windowleen neither ...just dry so I'm saying watch wat type clothe yu use

Online Octavia1

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 01:25:46 pm »
Think I paid 220 or 240

HOW FUCKING MUCH .I made one for a score and that was a tip to the lad gave me the piece of Plexiglass .
fuk sake Johnny
...wat happens in an accident wen someone smashes ther  head off it an yur homemade shite shatters an a splinters blinds the poor cnuts ?
How many times have yu thrown 220 away on a nag .....yur bleedin madder than me fuk sake

Online Octavia1

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 01:28:50 pm »
Oscars ok thanks..are they universal fitting or are there different sizes?How much?

They are made to fit each model.....I'll try see can I get the Web site an they have  " in stock " for each model

Online Octavia1

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 01:29:32 pm »

Show Unread Posts