Author Topic: Another screen thread  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Another screen thread
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 01:32:49 pm »
Think yu can get them delivered but I went up an let them fit it then examined it before I left .....I didn't trust the post .....if yu got the wrong one or it damaged.....anyway its a very professional and sturdy ....delighted wit it ...shut of fitted one years ago
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 01:35:37 pm »
Nice one thanks lads.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 01:38:21 pm »
I just realised I'm assisting the competition in gettin back to work ....wat a dumbo oops

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 01:47:46 pm »
I'm probably one of the last ones back!Puppy money comes down by another €50 in September.Expect a few more having to cover their overheads and returning to work.

Offline watty

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2021, 02:00:44 pm »
I really don't want to wear a mask and I should be fully vaccinated in a month so I was thinking the screen might stop the passengers whinging.

Legally you have to wear a mask.

Re the screens, I'm back part-time a couple of weeks and only once or twice have I seen a "TAXI+SCREEN" job on FreeNow.  So I don't think too many people are looking for them?  I barely make bronze level so maybe I'm not getting them anyways?

Although an auld wan street-hailed me and asked if I had a screen.  I did so she was happy to get in.  Once we got to her house, she asked me to carry her shopping to the door.  So I potentially contaminated her shopping bags with my dirty hands.  Then she paid me in cash so there was probably traces of snot, shite & cocaine on the notes we swapped.  But, hey, at least I had a screen!

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2021, 02:05:03 pm »
I've seen lots of drivers working without the mask and a good few have them on their chin on standby with a customer in the car.Many Dublin bus drivers aren't wearing masks also.Is there a possibility that the regulations only apply to the passengers?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2021, 02:20:32 pm »
I'd say anyone who's out and about is at least half vaccinated by now.

john m

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2021, 02:24:26 pm »
Another ting to watch merc....if a big fat cnut gets in the front and decides to shift the seat all the way back then it cud break .....so don't tighten the straps too tight to give it bit flexibility....
Think I paid 220 or 240

HOW FUCKING MUCH .I made one for a score and that was a tip to the lad gave me the piece of Plexiglass .
fuk sake Johnny
...wat happens in an accident wen someone smashes ther  head off it an yur homemade shite shatters an a splinters blinds the poor cnuts ?
How many times have yu thrown 220 away on a nag .....yur bleedin madder than me fuk sake

I can promise you the Screen I made is of a higher standard than any other over the counter ones .There are pictures of it up here somewhere .And I even pointed out to Drivers who were going to fit screens the danger of using Perspects and advised Polycarbonate should be used instead .

Offline watty

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2021, 02:24:51 pm »
Masks until 9th Nov --> https://www.nationaltransport.ie/minister-for-health-extends-the-period-of-effect-of-the-covid-19-face-coverings-regulations/

You don't have to wear a mask if you're on your own (or with someone from the same household).

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2021, 02:27:09 pm »
A screen is not worth the hassle, more trouble than they are worth IMHO. in 16 mths only one very old lady was unhappy that I didn't have one. A few casual questions regarding the pros and cons of them, that's it.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2021, 02:33:34 pm »
Another ting to watch merc....if a big fat cnut gets in the front and decides to shift the seat all the way back then it cud break .....so don't tighten the straps too tight to give it bit flexibility....
Think I paid 220 or 240

HOW FUCKING MUCH .I made one for a score and that was a tip to the lad gave me the piece of Plexiglass .
fuk sake Johnny
...wat happens in an accident wen someone smashes ther  head off it an yur homemade shite shatters an a splinters blinds the poor cnuts ?
How many times have yu thrown 220 away on a nag .....yur bleedin madder than me fuk sake

I can promise you the Screen I made is of a higher standard than any other over the counter ones .There are pictures of it up here somewhere .And I even pointed out to Drivers who were going to fit screens the danger of using Perspects and advised Polycarbonate should be used instead .
Are you a polyplastic engineer Johnny? I'm just saying yur leaving yourself open legally ...if yu say that to a judge heel have yur head examined

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2021, 02:43:40 pm »
€25.00 from Free now.

john m

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2021, 02:50:35 pm »
Think I paid 220 or 240

fuk sake Johnny

Are you a polyplastic engineer Johnny? I'm just saying yur leaving yourself open legally ...if yu say that to a judge heel have yur head examined

There is no standard for screens .You need to inform your insurer that you modified the internal area of your vehicle .As I said I wont be fitting one but the one I made is of a higher standard than any others on the market .The shite Free Now were selling have more gaps than Trumps Wall only purpose was to carry branding and be promoted as a safety device .Sit in your driving seat and get that Sort from upstairs under the Russians to spray some cheap perfume in the rear of the car if you can smell it then the cabin is not airtight so the Dizzzzzzzzzeeeeeezzzze can circulate freely in your 250 euro adorned taxi .

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2021, 03:35:37 pm »
Grand...... but for anyone preferring a professional looking one ...I recommend Oscars

Offline mkahawani

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2021, 03:42:26 pm »
Not a getting a screen. I drive prius, need the space for ikea stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Unread Posts