Author Topic: NCT  (Read 1627 times)

john m

NCT
« on: July 25, 2021, 02:03:16 pm »
will they test a car with an engine light on ?

Offline Shallowhal

Re: NCT
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 02:23:37 pm »
will they test a car with an engine light on ?

When my neighbour was telling me they were introducing the diagnostic tool he said from the date introduced any engine/warning lights on the dash will result in a fail and when fully implemented(unknown date) any codes found will also result in a fail and if the car doesn't communicate with the diagnostic too....fail also.

john m

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 02:26:50 pm »
New cat fitted I think small engine 4 people on the Motorway with air con on It might of overheated .Hope it dosent turn out to be dead money .Can the Light be disconnected to stay off ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:52 pm »
This is what was happening John.....bypassing these lights,diagnostic tool will pick these up but as i've said not sure when they will become a fail...but as of now any light on dash will result in a fail.

john m

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 03:14:11 pm »
This is what was happening John.....bypassing these lights,diagnostic tool will pick these up but as i've said not sure when they will become a fail...but as of now any light on dash will result in a fail.

Thanks Hal it was in for retest today .To late to disconnect battery and wait for codes to clear .Its an 06 Polo not worth spending coin on but part worn  yokes are asking silly money if you can find them .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 10:02:18 am »

Thanks Hal it was in for retest today .To late to disconnect battery and wait for codes to clear .Its an 06 Polo not worth spending coin on but part worn  yokes are asking silly money if you can find them .
Disconnect and reconnect the battery, this will temporarily clear the code.

Show Unread Posts