Author Topic: PUP - Don't go back until you get the return to work grant  (Read 2941 times)

Online watty

Re: PUP - Don't go back until you get the return to work grant
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 05:23:17 pm »
With regard to the grant. Im not up to speed on it but do you have to specify why u need the grant? What are the hoops you have to jump through.
Surely theres a “catch” to receiving the grant? Thanks in advance
It was/is a bribe.  You're getting €250-350 on the PUP.  Here's a shiny €1,000 if you go back to work now.

Now they're telling the PAYE workers they'll get a guaranteed €1,800 (?) if they're made redundant in the next year or two.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 07:48:05 pm »
I singed off the PUP last June when the pubs kinda re-opened.
I rang Intreo to ask about the Grand grant, there was a lot of hoops to jump through.
I was Pissed off with all the Red tape, but the Intreo lady insisted on sending me out the forms, which had sat on my kitchen counter fer about a fortnight, my puter went down one morning and out of total boredom I filled out the forms, actually not that hard to do, input anything, Insurance, Tyres, running costs (no receipts required) but you must keep receipts fer the year after, a handy Grand !

The one thing that I do distinctly remember was that you must be off the PUP to claim the Grand.
It took 7 weeks all in before they paid me the Grand.
Thanks Ken.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2021, 10:21:34 am »
Are you allowed two and, if so, how long do you have to wait to apply for the second?

Show Unread Posts