Author Topic: Eamo the Green just got a Gun  (Read 2734 times)

Offline John m

Eamo the Green just got a Gun
« on: October 25, 2021, 06:06:54 pm »
The Climate Change Advisory Council has finalised two five-year carbon budgets which seek to reduce Ireland's greenhouse gas emissions by 51% within a decade.

Under the plan, substantially more emissions reduction will take place in the second part of the decade that the first.

Each budget establishes a national ceiling for the total amount of emissions that can be released.

The first carbon budget, running from 2021 - 2025, will see emissions reduce by 4.8% on average each year for five years.

The second carbon budget, running from from 2026 - 2030, will see emissions reduce by 8.3% on average each year for five years.

The next step will be for Minister for Climate Action Eamon Ryan to bring the carbon budget to Cabinet and then the Oireachtas for approval.

Subsequently, Minister Ryan will seek Cabinet approval to impose carbon ceilings on individual sectors such as energy, transport and agriculture.

The CCAC is an independent body charged with finalising Ireland's carbon budgets.

The target of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by more than 50% by the end of the decade is onerous.

The scale of the task was underlined by a report from the Environmental Protection Agency last week, which found that Ireland only reduced emissions by 3.6% last year - despite the Covid-19 pandemic closing much of the economy.

It also confirmed that Ireland had failed to abide by its European Union commitment to reduce emissions by 20% by the year 2020 - the actual amount of reduction was only 7%.

"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline John m

Re: Eamo the Green just got a Gun
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 06:14:35 pm »
Subsequently, Minister Ryan will seek Cabinet approval to impose carbon ceilings on individual sectors such as energy, transport and agriculture. Will we get more EV Grants ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline watty

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 06:32:16 pm »
They spent €15M on this year's EV grants which is approx 700+ vehicles.  Nationally, there's 18.7k PSV's in the country and ~15.k taxis so 700 is a good start.  Also, there wasn't really any electric WAT's available to buy, esp 8 seaters.  Just over 2% of the taxi fleet gone electric in one year!  So I'd say there will be more grants but maybe not so large.

We'll probably be lumped in with buses and lorries.  I believe private buses and lorries can run forever so they would be a better target maybe if targeting polluters?

Offline John m

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 06:37:08 pm »
Eamo with live Ammo .If he goes near the National Herd I wonder if Rural TDs will have the bottle to bring down the government to save their own seats .Some rural TD only have Farmers for voters .Eamo in charge of the emissions is like putting a Junkie behind the counter in a Chemist .

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 06:56:30 pm »
Truthfully, to borrow a quote, it's all a load of bollocks.  People are too selfish change their own behaviour and Govts are too scared to make them change.

Case in point.  The Water Framework Directive (WFD) was introduced by the EU in 2000.  Countries were given 15 years to basically stop polluting their water.  Of course, we ignored it and are still pumping raw sewage in the sea.  26,000 people in Wexford town are on a "boil water" notice at the moment.  I believe we're also being fined by the EU for ignoring most of the WFD.  We're being fined for some bog in Galway or Donegal.  We're gonna be fined for mismanaging the bogs generally.  Probably plenty of other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

Offline John m

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 07:44:27 pm »
Going to be interesting to see if FF/FG TDs will support Eamo if he decides to take the food out of the mouth of poor rural farmers .Transport wont do fuck all but Plenty of TDs depend on the Rural vote .Dont think Eamo will be offering such good incentives to buy a EV or Retrofit your Gaff .He got no extra  funding in the budget .Cunt will probably bring in a Congestion charge for dirty motoring get more people on Bikes and Scooters .They still have to vote on that CEPA deal so I wouldnt rule out a General election this year .With the pubs reopened and a lot of people back in work it might be a good time for an election before we get a Cold winter and more people in hospital and no electricity .The Green agenda is being ignored Putin and the Chinaman told Boris they are not interested in going to Scotland to drink Tennents and eat fried Mars bars and attend an Old Firm Game .

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 08:04:21 pm »
I never understood why farmers don't diversify.  Take a few fields and make a caravan/camping/yurt site.  Get a grant and convert a shed into a professional kitchen/teaching room.  The Germans can come and camp in your field.  They can watch you milk the cows, walk them back to the field before you kill them (the cow, that is).  Then your wife (stereotype) can teach them butchery and how to cook the cow in the professional kitchen/converted shed.  Rinse and repeat for cows/sheep/chickens...

Lots of Council houses getting retrofitted for free...  ~10yrs ROI if you do it on a private house  ::fds

Offline John m

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:37:40 pm by John m »

Offline C5

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 01:04:29 pm »
This shite that humans are changing the climate is laughable, its just a money grabbing exercise, get everyone on one source of power for heat and transport and charge what you like in taxes because they won't be able to go anywhere else like cooking and heating from a range using turf, seasoned wood etc. Driving cars that won't last 10 years so new ones will have to be bought, it will be a rare sight to see a 15 years plus ev car on the road in the future except the  cars that are around today. And bleating on about Co2 being a bad gas when its what plant life need to flourish, the more Co2 the bigger the growth. And there were more plant eating animals on this planet  thousands of years ago farting methane into the atmosphere than there is today with cattle, sheep and dairy cows,back then there millions of bison, elephants,hippo, wilder beast etc etc. It seems most people think the world has always been like this with a few thousand of every species in the wild and loads of cattle and sheep all over the place causing climate change, don't get be started on windmills power a country reliably. I got my house hooked up to a 6500w generator a month ago to prepare what's coming down the tracks, one while  a reasonable price about 900 yo yos.plus I'm ahead by two years on turf and seasoned timber plus trees growing for future fuel. Ok rant over.

Offline John m

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 02:10:17 pm »
C5 they are knocking down turf burning plants while at the same time they have a rubbish burning plant in the middle of Dublin City .I bet both emit huge amounts of Carbon .Just got an ESB bill this morning 290 for 2 months havent got a Gas bill yet ?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 04:06:40 pm »
The Eu emit  6% of world climate gasses...Ireland emits approx 0.07% of the world's emissions...Germany importing briquettes  into Ireland ..Let's get real...Its a load of Botox...an Amen the green monster is shooting with a loose cannon...
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline C5

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 04:09:53 pm »
@john m, 290 for 2 months thats nuts, my esb bills are between 130 and 160 depends on the season, 4 bed detached. And turf and timber for hot water or rads or both depends on the season about 600 for the year. Ya need to make changes.

Offline C5

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 04:18:01 pm »
@cool boola, the total Co2 makeup in the whole atmosphere is 0.04%. This is the madness were dealing with. Co2 is part of photosynthesis, its at about 420ppm now (parts per million). its used to be 10 time that 100s of 1000s of years ago, if it fall below 160ppm the plants die. Then we're in a real climate crisis.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 08:22:06 pm »
C5 they are knocking down turf burning plants while at the same time they have a rubbish burning plant in the middle of Dublin City .I bet both emit huge amounts of Carbon .Just got an ESB bill this morning 290 for 2 months havent got a Gas bill yet ?

Your missus needs to cut the power to the box room for starters....and then start shoppin around for a new leccy supplier....amazing how many homeowners stay with the same supplier  out of some sort of loyalty!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 08:29:13 pm »

Your missus needs to cut the power to the box room for starters....and then start shoppin around for a new leccy supplier....amazing how many homeowners stay with the same supplier  out of some sort of loyalty!!

Is that where de sunbed is?? ::fuck ::fuck

Show Unread Posts