Author Topic: Parliament St Capel St ,take the long way around the city  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Justin Time

Parliament St Capel St ,take the long way around the city
« on: November 01, 2021, 03:07:18 pm »
DCC have just released the results of their consultation, in which it asked for the publics opinion on pedestrianisation of Capel St and Parliament St.

Guess the cycle lobby and the Greens had the most input as it shows that "residents, businesses and "the public"(whoever they actually are) all are massively in favour of pedestrianisation of said streets.

So there you have it. If you want to get across the city, take the M50!

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Parliament St Capel St ,take the long way around the city
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 04:48:43 pm »
It's all part of Temple bar now.The restaurants,bars and shops are doing a good trade from the lock down restrictions.I wouldn't be surprised if they made most of the submissions.Even though it's painfully slow to drive through or around it Capel street is busy.The outdoor seating areas are getting some new customers.

Offline watty

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 05:13:22 pm »
The council had different plans back in 2018...

Dublin plaza ‘would see 1,600 buses a day’ on Parliament Street

Up to 1,600 buses per day – or up to 145 buses an hour at peak times – would move through Parliament Street in Dublin if the proposed College Green civic plaza goes ahead, a planning hearing has heard.  Turning Parliament Street into a “bus corridor” to facilitate the pedestrian and cycle plaza would have a “profound” impact on businesses and residents and a serious long-term impact on air quality, locals claimed. the oral hearing by An Bord Pleanála into Dublin City Council’s plan to create a traffic-free civic space on College Green and Dame Street heard submissions from a number of experts on behalf of M.E Hanahoe Solicitors and other businesses in the Parliament Street area.

<snip>

Dublin City Councillor Ciarán Cuffe, an architect and spatial planner, told the hearing the proposal was “a logical and equitable plan that will bring about a more vibrant and social city that can better provide for people of all ages, from 8 to 80 and beyond”.  He said he was struck “by how some car park owners and retailers fear the worst if more space is given to the pedestrian in the city”.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 07:51:45 pm »
DCC have just released the results of their consultation, in which it asked for the publics opinion on pedestrianisation of Capel St and Parliament St.

Guess the cycle lobby and the Greens had the most input as it shows that "residents, businesses and "the public"(whoever they actually are) all are massively in favour of pedestrianisation of said streets.

Probably before your time Justin:

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Dublin_Outer_Orbital_Route#Second_Version

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 10:39:18 am »
PROGRESS.[/size]  As shown by the amount of money that you can fill in your pockets.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 05:38:34 pm »

Probably before your time Justin:

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Dublin_Outer_Orbital_Route#Second_Version

Thanks for the compliment, alas, the changing colour of my hair would prove otherwise ^-^

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 02:30:47 pm »
I made a submission in favour of pedestrianisation. I guess most of our trade would have done the same. Good result anyway.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 03:10:30 pm »
I made a submission in favour of pedestrianisation. I guess most of our trade would have done the same. Good result anyway.

All roads lead to roam!! 8)

https://grammarist.com/proverb/all-roads-lead-to-rome/

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 05:36:58 pm »

How is it a good result and why would u be in favour of pedestrianisation?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 07:08:51 pm »

Just like the Google maps App' when operating in the city centre it would make us go the longest route. See the above orbital routes around the north and south circular roads and the Royal and Grand canal routes.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 10:41:08 pm »
RC is never one to avoid controversy.....probably doesn't even know where Capel St is......wonder how the Mackers rank in Swords is doin?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 03:16:32 pm »

It creates work for the lads that have gone back... and higher fares.

Why would you be opposed to it given that you're still on COVID '19 leave?

Show Unread Posts