Author Topic: The day the sport died  (Read 2048 times)

Offline John m

The day the sport died
« on: December 12, 2021, 02:43:34 pm »
Grand Prix Racing making up the rules on the last lap WTF .We thought the taxi thingey was confused .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: The day the sport died
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 05:12:18 pm »
i used to watch f1 around the early 2000s.
schumacher, irvine, barrichello, hakkinen, fisichella etc.
the cars are butt ugly today i think.
how do they put up with those halo yokes.
a bar right down their center of vision.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 05:57:39 pm »
Grand Prix Racing making up the rules on the last lap WTF .We thought the taxi thingey was confused .
They wanted to continue the race - because the winner was not Verstappen! 8)

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 06:07:35 pm »
The race Director will be sacked for what he did but Verstappen did nothing wrong so I think it will be winner alright after the Stewards Enquiry,what else can they do?

Offline John m

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 06:19:01 pm »
The first mistake was allowing Hamilton hold the lead after he visited Dubai or wherever he went when he drove off the track .Whoever the judge was wont be working next race .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 06:24:35 pm »
Mercedes got the chicane decision in their favour,Max stayed on the track,Lewis didn't,and wasn't asked to give back the place which i believe he should have,he left the door open and knew quite well Max was goin to fill it,to quote the late Ayrton Senna....“If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”..

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 06:47:11 pm »
Mercedes got the chicane decision in their favour,Max stayed on the track,Lewis didn't,and wasn't asked to give back the place which i believe he should have,he left the door open and knew quite well Max was goin to fill it,to quote the late Ayrton Senna....“If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”..
The wife's cousin has two kids named Ayrton and Zidane...car crash stuff...but a promising footballer. 8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 06:57:33 pm »
The wife's cousin has two kids named Ayrton and Zidane...car crash stuff...but a promising footballer. 8)

I'll keep an eye out for them on the news in the future.....i'm sure if Martin Nolan is presiding they'll do well!! lol

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 07:08:38 pm »

I'll keep an eye out for them on the news in the future.....i'm sure if Martin Nolan is presiding they'll do well!! lol

They were advised not to call the first kid Ayrton, but it was like talking to a brick wall! 8)

When they decided on Zidane, they were given the nod:

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 07:19:20 pm »
Took a mild interest in F1 a long time ago, had lots of motorbikes etc, but now, in advancing senility, I just see it as big boys in scalextric toys.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 07:51:40 pm »
That Formula E is mind numbingly boring...might aswell just buy a Scalextric!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 01:33:09 pm »
AFAIK, the rules state that lapped cars may be required to unlap themselves before restarting a race after a safety car. I don't believe it says "all lapped cars" and it says "may" not must. That implies the race director is well within his rights to unwrap the lapped cars to whatever extent he deems necessary to facilitate resumption under race conditions with due regard for time (lap) constraints.

Nothing to see here, move on. If it wasn't a partially black lad that lost out there wouldn't be word of protest uttered.

Show Unread Posts