Author Topic: This years Anty Post wager  (Read 2307 times)

Offline John m

This years Anty Post wager
« on: March 23, 2022, 07:07:19 am »
Im on @ 50/1 still available @50/1 with bet 365 .Its a 3 year old Filly called Toy she runs on Saturday but I fancy her for the 1000 Guineas .Ran once last year and beaten just like her full sister Joan of Arc who also only had one run in November of her 2 year old season .Aiden O Brien likes his good horses to race as two year olds even if it takes till the last week of the Flat season .The fact she is entered dont know if she will run Saturday says O brien must think she has improved loads over the winter and needs race experience before a Guineas test .Her Sister Joan of Arc won both the French Guineas and Oaks .This Toy is bread to be a bit special .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Belker

Re: This years Anty Post wager
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 08:34:42 am »
I see bet 365 reduced her price to 33/1 fer the guineas, when is she due to run next ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 08:49:16 am »
I have seen her weekend entries fer both the Curragh 7f on Sat and Naas 1m on Sunday.
If'n she does the 7f on Sat and impresses then most likely it will be the Guineas next.
If'n she does the I Mile on Sunday and impresses then maybe she will be aimed directly at the Oaks, even though she has no entry.

Offline John m

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 08:57:15 am »
I have seen her weekend entries fer both the Curragh 7f on Sat and Naas 1m on Sunday.
If'n she does the 7f on Sat and impresses then most likely it will be the Guineas next.
If'n she does the I Mile on Sunday and impresses then maybe she will be aimed directly at the Oaks, even though she has no entry.

Full sister to Gleneagles and Joan of Arc neither stayed more than 10f  There was a bit of 50s available Powers now only 20s .She is entered in a 20 runner Maiden Curragh on Saturday I would think if she misses that and goes to Nass on Sunday she misses the Guineas .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 09:11:07 am »
I would agree, I might have a dabble @ 33/1 with Lawbreakers or Spoilsports if'n she runs in the 7f on Sat.

Offline John m

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 09:23:56 am »
If she dosent have speed for 7 she wont be Guinneas filly .I was talking to the Rodent yesterday she was offered by 385 @50 but when we went to get on she was only 33 .I was thinking she should be odds on on Saturday if they think she is a Guineas filly so I was going to back her for the Guineas  hope she wins on Saturday and cut to single figures then lay her on Betfair and take a profit my return would be better than odds on and if she is beaten they might try her again and give me a second bite of the cherry .I have a score E/W @ 50/1 before she ran I was not impressed by the Price last May and I had another small bet yesterday .Havent landed a decent Anty post bet since Australia @ 66/1 after he got beaten first time up .Kew Gardens didnt run in the Gold Cup and Billywill got riden like a three quid hore in last years foxhunters when I was on Anty Post @7/1 .Joan of Arc ran a stinker in her prep race so missed the Guineas I was on @ 100/1 E/W she ran and won the French Guineas .I like trying to spot the good ones sometimes before they are even named just on breading .

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 10:04:23 am »
Interesting to see she has an entry in the Irish Oaks but not in the Epsom Oaks, that does not inspire a lot of confidence !
Anyway I might have a dabble later if'n the 33/1 holds out after her confirmed running in the 7f on Sat at the Curragh.

Offline John m

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 10:08:50 am »
Interesting to see she has an entry in the Irish Oaks but not in the Epsom Oaks, that does not inspire a lot of confidence !
Anyway I might have a dabble later if'n the 33/1 holds out after her confirmed running in the 7f on Sat at the Curragh.

Irish Oaks entry would seem like last chance saloon .She is not bread for the Distance .Just wonder if O Brien will have a Good year after Jim Bolgers suggestion that all is not clean in Irish Racing .Bob Baffett Americas No 1 trainer is barred from running horses in the Kentucky Derby after last years winner had more drugs in him than a Coke Mule at a Columbian Airport .

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 10:49:29 am »
I don't follow the racing game John M, I know it is filthy as Fook, actually quite similar to the new Crypto game, It's the old-timers behind the screens in the mansions that make the big coin and the decisions.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2022, 12:53:41 pm »
.This Toy is bread to be a bit special .

Didja put your dough where your mouth is?

Offline John m

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 01:37:55 pm »
.This Toy is bread to be a bit special .

Didja put your dough where your mouth is?

I have a small E/W bet from last year and my accountant got me a small bet yesterday at best odds .

Offline Belker

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 12:48:35 pm »
I see PP's early morning best price offer of 6/5 on Toy today was gobbled up pretty quickly.
Now trading at 2.02 on the exchange and odds-on with all bookies.

Offline John m

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 02:36:19 pm »
Poor race poor performance dont see her as a classic filly .

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2022, 12:56:46 pm »
Your still in with a shout John M, her 33/1 quote fer the Guineas still holds and the run should bring her on.
I'm surprised that she has no further entries fer any of the prep races but with her Northern Dancer pedigree she should be at the starting line at Newmarket.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2022, 06:08:45 pm »
Looked like mince to me,the winner is no world beater which says it all for me.

Show Unread Posts