Author Topic: corolla hybrid  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

corolla hybrid
« on: July 08, 2022, 09:24:06 pm »
anybody have one. supposed to be the successor to the avensis. i want it to be my next car but it feels a little bit cramped in the back to me. not as bad as an 09 octavia i had but still cramped. i hate transmission tunnel humps. the avensis hadda perfectly flat floor in the back. all toyotas have humps in the back now even the camry.

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: corolla hybrid
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 09:55:04 pm »
I was in the back of one on my holidays and they do seem a little tight compared to my Prius.It might be the same as your old Avensis but just feels smaller.

Problem is it's either a Corolla or a Camry or Rav 4.Big jump in price.

You'll easily get 50/55mpg in the hybrid Corolla which might make it easier to forget about the space.Should save ya a few grand a year on juice compared to the diesel avensis.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 11:06:20 pm »
i was sussin one out in denis mahoney in kilbronx the other day.
the front passanger area has loadsa foot room on account of the way the dash is designed but the rear seating area just felt bogey to me. i'm tall and very slim and i felt like i was in a child's playhouse peepin out the plastic windows or sumtin.

Offline C5

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 11:34:08 pm »
Would only consider a superb estate. Volvo v60, 508 estate, Passat estate or mondeo estate as a taxi. All Toyota estates are tiny.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 12:31:31 am »
Dunno if this helps DMG but the later Prius and the later Corolla hybrid have the hybrid battery under the rear seats which may give the seats a slightly elevated position compared to your older Avensis.Making it feel a bit cramped.The important thing is it passes suitability.Most of our passengers are out in 15 mins.I've been in the avensis too and they're not massively bigger IMO.The exact specs will be out there on the net.

C5 I've got a relative driving a Superb estate diesel and his fuel bill is twice what mine would be for the same mileage.Yes you'll give your passengers more space but it might cost ya 2/3000 extra per year on juice.That's the price of a decent holiday.Depends on how much you want the space.

DMG if Ya have the cash get a Camry but they're nearly Lexus money nowadays.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 12:52:33 am »
i drove by a camry that was parked up near where i live. hadta come back to do a double take.
beautiful lookin yoke. i'd imagine they'd nearly be mercedes e-class money.
far too nice a yoke to be used as a taxi.

Offline C5

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 04:11:04 am »
@mercenary for hire, there is no way a Prius could get better fuel economy than a superb on the open road, maybe city driving certainly not out the city, were not all in Dublin. Plus there is a hybrid version of the superb now for ye big city people.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 06:44:12 am »
anybody have one. supposed to be the successor to the avensis. i want it to be my next car but it feels a little bit cramped in the back to me. not as bad as an 09 octavia i had but still cramped. i hate transmission tunnel humps. the avensis hadda perfectly flat floor in the back. all toyotas have humps in the back now even the camry.

If yur 6 ft or over ...I wouldn't buy  a Toyota....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline John m

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 09:46:55 am »
Gents wait then wait a bit longer .The answer is a Battery operated Crypomobile .As most Crypmobiles are made out of Commercial vans its likely that some manufacturer will come up with a Commercial Van with a removeable battery pack .Buy once and then like Triggers Brush just rent out the battery pack .Its only a matter of time possibly only a year or two .Keep an eye on the Commercial Vans .Thats probably the answer to future taxi provision .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2022, 10:06:16 am »
C5 there isnt that much motorway driving up here.The motorways we have are slow moving and full of traffic.

The Superb diesel is an Auto and its only getting 30mpg in Dublin.The Prius gets 50/54.

On the motorway the Prius loses a few MPG on a long run but we spend the majority of our time up here below 80kmh.That's just the way our city is now.All you get up in Dublin is a blocked DPF for buying diesel.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 10:10:05 am by mercenary for hire »

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 10:14:36 am »
John m:
Gents wait then wait a bit longer .The answer is a Battery operated Crypomobile .As most Crypmobiles are made out of Commercial vans its likely that some manufacturer will come up with a Commercial Van with a removeable battery pack .Buy once and then like Triggers Brush just rent out the battery pack .Its only a matter of time possibly only a year or two .Keep an eye on the Commercial Vans .Thats probably the answer to future taxi provision.

John what you're talking about could easily be 5 or 10 years away if not more.It's not in the car makers interest to start making things easier.They're milking every government around the world for subsides.Battery packs won't start to be replaced like that until we're swamped with too many leccy cars and no public chargers.

Besides they're still trying to shift some diesels at most dealers all over the country.

Offline John m

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 10:20:23 am »
Merch I think the Commercial transport manager wont invest in a vehicle with a questionable battery pack .To get them on board they will need to be able to switch in and out .Smaller pack less weight less range .Im sure weight is an issue for comercial transport as the Tare is based on both Vehicle and cargo combined .A heavy battery pack means less cargo .It could be quicker that we think .Its still the real unknown .How long will the battery last ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2022, 10:23:23 am »
They'll just lease them.As soon as the greens get fecked out the urgency around leccy motors will calm down.

Offline John m

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2022, 10:37:57 am »
They'll just lease them.As soon as the greens get fecked out the urgency around leccy motors will calm down.

I dont think the issue is a Green issue ,Eamo and the Sprouts are just Mudgards for the FF/Fg policy .No Turf blame Eamo ,PP9 battery Shortage blame Eamo Lee Enfield 303 to the head of Doris the family Cow blame Eamo .Its all EU policy .To much money going out to Arabs and Russians to pay for oil or Gas .The real reason for the War in Ukraine is a huge amount of Gas has been discovered in the Black sea in Ukrainian territorial waters .If the Soviets can take the Dombass then those Gas rich waters become Soviet waters .Did you know John Kerry the bloke who ran for US President and was Foreign Minister his Son along with Joe Bidens Son lease farmland in Ukraine about the size of Galway .Probably explain why the Yanks are playing the Starving African no Grain Card .If Musk and Bazos and Apple get behind EVs then its a gamechanger for the World .Have you noticed how both Musk and Bazos have gone from being the poster boys of US Capitalism to being portrayed as a pair of Cunts .Cant remember the last Positive thing I read about Musk .Big Oil are out to get him and his scalectrix .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2022, 01:25:18 pm »

Do u sit in the back?
No
So don't worry about it

Show Unread Posts