Author Topic: card acceptance  (Read 6943 times)

Offline John m

card acceptance
« on: July 19, 2022, 05:45:19 pm »
Good afternoon,

On 17 June last, the NTA Board approved the Small Public Service Vehicle (Cashless Payment Facility) Regulations in addition the increase of the National Maximum Taxi Fare by 12% weighted across popular journeys and the Premium and Standard Rates.

The revised fare includes a 1% increase for the costs associated with providing a Cashless Payment Facility. The cashless payment facility regulations make it mandatory for all taxis to have an in-taxi point of sale cashless payment terminal and for cashless payments to be accepted for taxi journeys when requested by customers.

Both take effect on 1 September 2022.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi/forms-and-guides/

The Guidelines for the Acceptance of Cashless Payments in Taxis were approved by the Advisory Committee on SPSVs and can be found below and on the Forms & Guides section of NTA’s website.

Yours sincerely,
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline John m

"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline watty

Re: card acceptance
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 05:53:10 pm »
Page 8:  Issues with card payments

The NTA compliance team will, as always, exercise discretion and common sense in all complaints
investigations.

If a passenger card payment problem occurs, such as insufficient funds or the card has expired, for
example, drivers should treat the matter in the same way as when dealing with a passenger who finds
themselves unable to pay the fare in cash at the end of a journey. A different card may work or the
passenger may be able to pay cash for the fare calculated on the taximeter. The passenger may wish
to be taken to a cashpoint to get cash to pay the fare or have a third party pay on their behalf. If a
passenger refuses to pay and an amicable agreement cannot be found, drivers should consider
involving An Garda Síochána. It is an offence under section 24 of the Taxi Regulation Act 2013 for a
person who hires a taxi and, without reasonable excuse, does not pay the fare calculated in line the
maximum fares order by a verified taximeter.

To assist with local connectivity blackspots, drivers should consider whether the cashless payment
terminal chosen includes connectivity via combined connection types, i.e. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and
2/3/4/5G mobile networks. Explain the situation to the passenger and a practical solution can usually
be found. It is particularly useful to explain known issues to the passenger prior to the commencement
of a journey.

If there is a documented internet or service supplier/payment processor outage preventing cashless
payments for all businesses
, drivers must explain this to intending passengers before they get into
their taxi and have evidence of this outage to provide to the NTA’s compliance team in the event of a
complaint being received. Any such outage is likely to be well publicised and known to passengers.

Offline John m

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 05:53:22 pm »
be correctly functioning to permit a taxi driver to operate, a driver is obliged to withdraw from
service if their terminal is broken or out of charge, in the same way as a taxi may not operate
without a functioning, verified taximeter.

THIS IS AN ISSUE .

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 06:00:16 pm »
Pg 5:
Each cashless payment device must be associated with the driver providing the taxi service, rather than the taxi vehicle as some drivers use different vehicles, or rent or share a vehicle. It is necessary that the driver who takes payment for the journey is identified on the card payment transaction history of the passenger for both the passenger and NTA in the event of an error/complaint.

Will FN tell the passengers that Mr Watty was their taxi driver?  I have my name on the Sumup gadget but that was only because I couldn't think of anything clever to put there instead  :P

On the FN app, you can sign in to a different driver account instead of your own (never understood why this was an option).  Will this rule pose problems for them?

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 06:02:27 pm »
Why should you have to withdraw from service if you can still legally accept cash as payment

Also can some1  tell me when all businesses out there will be forced to take card payments like the local Chinese
Must be the only industry where we are forced to accept card as payment.

Just waiting for the new decal stickers for rear doors from.nta

DRIVER ACCEPTS CARDS(prob 70 quid for them too)

Offline John m

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 06:07:38 pm »
Why should you have to withdraw from service if you can still legally accept cash as payment

Also can some1  tell me when all businesses out there will be forced to take card payments like the local Chinese
Must be the only industry where we are forced to accept card as payment.

Just waiting for the new decal stickers for rear doors from.nta

DRIVER ACCEPTS CARDS(prob 70 quid for them too)

To stop cute whores trying to not operate one .Your Chinease is not Licenced they dont need to have a Triangle or High Vis .You do make a good point though the Rat made that very point months ago .

Offline John m

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 06:09:20 pm »
Just to put it in Perspective .I have had more runners than Card or Revolute failures .

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 06:11:12 pm »
There still providing  a service to the public

Usual taxi drivers discrimination lol

Ahhh I think il go back to construction..this game is fucked

Offline John m

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 06:12:27 pm »

Do you have a debit card ?.......WHY?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2022, 06:12:47 pm »
I wonder if we can get the lower commission  rate off Sumup without going through Freenow?I'm paying 1.69% but they're getting a better deal somehow.

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 06:15:00 pm »
I have the ecomm365 machine from.the crowd in navan

Offline John m

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 06:16:41 pm »
I wonder if we can get the lower commission  rate off Sumup without going through Freenow?I'm paying 1.69% but they're getting a better deal somehow.

Revolute you dont pay .Has anybody looked into the Cheapest commission Square or Paypal or Apple Pay .?Im sure Watty will let us know its his sphere of influence he is normally good at this stuff.

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 06:17:29 pm »

Do you have a debit card ?.......WHY?

Not enjoying taxi driving like I have previously

I think since covid people have changed a little
 People are more entitled or something,spoilt

Can't put my finger on it..

No repect for drivers anymore..cunts barely talk to ya anymore

I'm for card payments btw

Offline John m

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2022, 06:19:38 pm »
What do Ryanair use in the Sky ?Where they can take coin off your card even though its not connected to Tinternet .Is it possible to take a payment then  send it over to the bank later .Im sure most debit cards have an overdraft facility and you would probably be paid even if the funds were not available .

Show Unread Posts