Author Topic: Taxi driver allegedly punched 20 times by Lucan non-payer  (Read 642 times)

Offline watty

Taxi driver allegedly punched 20 times by Lucan non-payer
« on: December 22, 2022, 06:38:06 pm »
Gardaí probe alleged assault of female taxi driver by passenger who refused to pay fare

A female taxi driver who alleges she was assaulted by a male passenger after he refused to pay his fare has said what happened to her is an example of why drivers “no longer feel safe working at night". Gardaí are investigating the reported assault, which is alleged to have happened outside a house in Lucan, Co Dublin, shortly after midnight on Monday.  The woman received medical attention for serious injuries and has been unable to return to work following the incident.  A garda spokesperson said no arrests have been made and investigations are ongoing.

Speaking to theIrish Independent on the condition of anonymity, the woman said she was punched “over and over again” in the face.  She picked up a couple outside a pub after dropping off another two passengers in Lucan village. “They were so nice in the car,” she said.  When she arrived at their destination after a short trip, the couple got out of the car without paying and walked into a house.  “I walked up to the door and started knocking on the door but they were ignoring me,” she said.  “I kept banging on the door. The woman came out and pushed me away from the door. She kept trying to close it but I wouldn’t let her.  “The man then came out and was trying to pull me inside. I turned around and ran away but he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me to the ground and started punching me. He punched me more than 20 times in two minutes.”  She said the man eventually stopped attacking her and went back inside.  “Somebody passed and I screamed to call the guards but nobody stopped.  “My face is all swollen and I had to go to hospital.  “I am completely in shock. If they were very rude in the beginning of the car journey, I would have known to be careful but all of a sudden they turned into completely different people.”

The woman has been working as a taxi driver for one year. While she has experienced verbal abuse, she has never been physically assaulted.  “I’ve had very rude people before but nothing like this. I am just shocked.”

Figures show 632 assaults on taxi drivers were reported between 2016 and 2020, but the true number is believed to be higher.  Drivers have raised safety concerns, with some choosing not to work through the night as a result.

<snip> story finishes with a call for ride-sharing like Uber<snip>

Doesn't excuse what happened to her but she got out of the car...  Gardai would tell you to phone them and wait outside the house for them to turn up.  But in the week before Xmas, you'd be waiting a long, long time for the Gardai to turn up, if at all.  Hope she gets well soon!  Good excuse to put the feet up for Xmas and self-medicate with a few beers  :2cheers 

632 assaults on taxi drivers were reported between 2016 and 2020, but the true number is believed to be higher
A taxi driver officially reports getting attacked every 2 or 3 days and you never hear anything about it in the media.  Or any campaign from the NTA/Gardai.  And they wonder why we hate the public  ::fds

Offline silverbullet

Re: Taxi driver allegedly punched 20 times by Lucan non-payer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 07:20:52 pm »
Gardaí probe alleged assault of female taxi driver by passenger who refused to pay fare

A female taxi driver who alleges she was assaulted by a male passenger after he refused to pay his fare has said what happened to her is an example of why drivers “no longer feel safe working at night". Gardaí are investigating the reported assault, which is alleged to have happened outside a house in Lucan, Co Dublin, shortly after midnight on Monday.  The woman received medical attention for serious injuries and has been unable to return to work following the incident.  A garda spokesperson said no arrests have been made and investigations are ongoing.

Speaking to theIrish Independent on the condition of anonymity, the woman said she was punched “over and over again” in the face.  She picked up a couple outside a pub after dropping off another two passengers in Lucan village. “They were so nice in the car,” she said.  When she arrived at their destination after a short trip, the couple got out of the car without paying and walked into a house.  “I walked up to the door and started knocking on the door but they were ignoring me,” she said.  “I kept banging on the door. The woman came out and pushed me away from the door. She kept trying to close it but I wouldn’t let her.  “The man then came out and was trying to pull me inside. I turned around and ran away but he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me to the ground and started punching me. He punched me more than 20 times in two minutes.”  She said the man eventually stopped attacking her and went back inside.  “Somebody passed and I screamed to call the guards but nobody stopped.  “My face is all swollen and I had to go to hospital.  “I am completely in shock. If they were very rude in the beginning of the car journey, I would have known to be careful but all of a sudden they turned into completely different people.”

The woman has been working as a taxi driver for one year. While she has experienced verbal abuse, she has never been physically assaulted.  “I’ve had very rude people before but nothing like this. I am just shocked.”

Figures show 632 assaults on taxi drivers were reported between 2016 and 2020, but the true number is believed to be higher.  Drivers have raised safety concerns, with some choosing not to work through the night as a result.

<snip> story finishes with a call for ride-sharing like Uber<snip>

Doesn't excuse what happened to her but she got out of the car...  Gardai would tell you to phone them and wait outside the house for them to turn up.  But in the week before Xmas, you'd be waiting a long, long time for the Gardai to turn up, if at all.  Hope she gets well soon!  Good excuse to put the feet up for Xmas and self-medicate with a few beers  :2cheers 

632 assaults on taxi drivers were reported between 2016 and 2020, but the true number is believed to be higher
A taxi driver officially reports getting attacked every 2 or 3 days and you never hear anything about it in the media.  Or any campaign from the NTA/Gardai.  And they wonder why we hate the public  ::fds
A tube of superglue in the hall door keyhole would soften their cough.
Let's hope the woman recovers soon and gets back to work.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 10:28:18 pm »
i told yiz this before.
round 3 years ago about 5am i picked a pikey up in swords and dropped it to a gaff on the corner of adare drive in the lock. it said i'll be back in a second. 20 quid no problem and it strolled down the side of the gaff cool as cucumber. the gaff was the only one on the street with any light. the sitting room was fully lit up. 5 minutes became 10 minutes became 15 minutes and i went up to the gaff and knocked on the door no answer. shudda said bollocks and forgot it but i was fatigued up and made an error of decidin to go to the cop shop round the corner. there was a guard playin with a gameboy planked there and i told him the story and he said he'd deploy a squad car. went back to the gaff. sittin there like a wanker for 30 mins. went back and said forget about it but he said they were deployed from malahide and they're comin right now. went back to the gaff and there were two very nice coppers a man and a woman. i gave them the suss i think it's a pikey nest just be careful and they knocked on the door and got no answer. the garda says i'll chase it up for you tomorrow and give ye a bell. she rang the follyin day and said yiv a better chance of gerrin a tip off a chink in the car than gettin that dosh you're owed. she said they went upta the kip and an audience formed around them and she said i needinta tell ye what opened the door. world class filth and dirt and they were met with a torrent of abuse. i felt like the world's biggest cunt for landin them in it. i saw an old google maps street view of the gaff and it was boarded up but the night i was there it was fixed up but it has since reverted back to boarded up. i found out afterwards that someone was stabbed in the garden and another time someone was chased across the stardust park inta the gaff and the frunta the kip was shot up. i cudda been dragged inta the gaff after knockin on the door and clapped in irons. i do a little bit of gimping on the side to feed my family but they were'nt to know that.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 06:13:21 am »
Nice "Leafy Suburb"^^

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 01:43:58 pm »
Migrant(s)?

The Gardai can't be arsed helping their own. What makes you think they'd abandon the dart board or billiards table for the likes of us?

Show Unread Posts