Author Topic: Strangest call you ever got.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Strangest call you ever got.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 10:41:49 pm »
That mean and nasty lady, Kathleen Doyle, put an end to handing out licences like confetti. Give it back to the Gardai, I say!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm »
Well, if lads who can't speak ENGLISH can pass with Free Now I'm sure he'd stand a good, perhaps even better than average, chance.... and sending him to them saves you from mentoring him.

Foreign people tend to put the work in if they want something in my experience, where as Paddy usually doesn't and wants things easy and handed to him.
As Belker says, and I'm paraphrasing "Most Dubs should have CBA after their names as in Can't Be Arsed".

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 08:17:15 pm »
Well, if lads who can't speak ENGLISH can pass with Free Now I'm sure he'd stand a good, perhaps even better than average, chance.... and sending him to them saves you from mentoring him.

Foreign people tend to put the work in if they want something in my experience, where as Paddy usually doesn't and wants things easy and handed to him.
As Belker says, and I'm paraphrasing "Most Dubs should have CBA after their names as in Can't Be Arsed".

Not sure about Dubs but just Irish people in general, and in Irish myself by the way.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 08:29:45 pm »

Not sure about Dubs but just Irish people in general, and in Irish myself by the way.
I have the odd fagarie where I won't pick up anyone with surnames for first names, 'cos their parents are pricks.

Or skobie parents who give their kids defendants names like Jayden, Kaiden, Laycie, Bradley, and most recently, Hunter in Darndale...just f**king walk! rofl

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 08:45:06 pm »

I have the odd fagarie where I won't pick up anyone with surnames for first names, 'cos their parents are pricks.

Or skobie parents who give their kids defendants names like Jayden, Kaiden, Laycie, Bradley, and most recently, Hunter in Darndale...just f**king walk! rofl

Rihanna, Brax, Brody all the home and away names. thought of this video for some reason.

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 09:32:31 pm »
.... I have the odd fagarie where I won't pick up anyone with surnames for first names, 'cos their parents are pricks.

Or skobie parents who give their kids defendants names like Jayden, Kaiden, Laycie, Bradley, and most recently, Hunter in Darndale...just f**king walk! ..
I gotta agree, but Korky gave me a scolding over it a few weeks ago..... So I took a job last Sunday night in the Northside (which I dislike) fer a Dylan, as it was going Southside (my fav working area) and as it was on card I stayed with it. Arrived, rang him, no answer, 2 drunks and a cripple on crutches banging on the cab window outside the pub, drove away, no fare. That's the end of me and the Hollywood names !

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 11:43:35 pm »
.... I have the odd fagarie where I won't pick up anyone with surnames for first names, 'cos their parents are pricks.

Or skobie parents who give their kids defendants names like Jayden, Kaiden, Laycie, Bradley, and most recently, Hunter in Darndale...just f**king walk! ..
I gotta agree, but Korky gave me a scolding over it a few weeks ago..... So I took a job last Sunday night in the Northside (which I dislike) fer a Dylan, as it was going Southside (my fav working area) and as it was on card I stayed with it. Arrived, rang him, no answer, 2 drunks and a cripple on crutches banging on the cab window outside the pub, drove away, no fare. That's the end of me and the Hollywood names !
Kyle, Ryan, Ross, Dylan, Dean, Wayne...Some mot that got pregnant in front of the telly.

It could be worse, she could have got pregnant while Teletubbies was on...
Dipsy

Sun Baby

Tinky-Winky

Laa-Laa

Po

But they're Geldof names!

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 07:31:15 am »
Cian, Kyle, Ryan, Dylan and Dean would be my fav not-go-to names by night, most usually I cancel on Cash app jobs.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 08:36:14 am »
Cian, Kyle, Ryan, Dylan and Dean would be my fav not-go-to names by night, most usually I cancel on Cash app jobs.

If you cancel a freenow job when you turn up and see a load of knackers waiting for the taxi, what is the consequence? do you get a bad rating on freenow?

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2023, 01:47:48 pm »

If you cancel a freenow job when you turn up and see a load of knackers waiting for the taxi, what is the consequence? do you get a bad rating on freenow?
Your acceptance/completion rate goes down, not too sure how that effects your work status (as they don't tell us), but personally I couldn't give a Fiddlers.
As a night driver, if it's looks anyway dodgy to me then I'm gone !  Bollicks on their ratings !

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023, 02:08:45 pm »

Your acceptance/completion rate goes down, not too sure how that effects your work status (as they don't tell us), but personally I couldn't give a Fiddlers.
As a night driver, if it's looks anyway dodgy to me then I'm gone !  Bollicks on their ratings !

Fair enough, I'd be the same.free now won't care about you if you get jumped by some bad apples some night.

Show Unread Posts