Author Topic: Church will not offer property to help homeless  (Read 819 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Church will not offer property to help homeless
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 12:05:11 pm »
Why didn't he ask Facebook, Google and Microsoft?
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline John m

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 12:22:15 pm »
Coola .How many bedrooms have you got it your Gaff ,How many you using .Imagine if the Shinners held a referendum that said EVERYBODY was entitled to a home ...IT could be your home ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline watty

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 05:10:07 pm »
The Catholic church has been looking to sell off a few churches etc in Irish cities over the past few years to developers to make the Church a bit of money.  The various planners have refused change of planning use and insist they stay as churches & religious sites.  The Catholic church could be looking for a deal - rezone a few of their properties and we might find a few empty buildings around the place for refugees. 

Or it could be the Catholic church is not practicising what it preaches  :o  :o  :o

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 06:50:15 pm »
"Or it could be the Catholic church is not practicising what it preaches"
You're not serious Ted!
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline John m

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 07:10:23 pm »
The Catholic church has been looking to sell off a few churches etc in Irish cities over the past few years to developers to make the Church a bit of money.  The various planners have refused change of planning use and insist they stay as churches & religious sites.  The Catholic church could be looking for a deal - rezone a few of their properties and we might find a few empty buildings around the place for refugees. 

Or it could be the Catholic church is not practicising what it preaches  :o  :o  :o

Archbishops Estate was sold to developers .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 07:19:36 pm »
In fairness, that had a very big 'back garden' suitable for development.  Well, until the locals objected to 15-storey apartment blocks in their neighbourhood!

I was thinking more of churches and small parochial houses that could maybe be turned into 4 or 5 apartments.  Small sites.

Offline John m

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 07:29:35 pm »
In fairness, that had a very big 'back garden' suitable for development.  Well, until the locals objected to 15-storey apartment blocks in their neighbourhood!

I was thinking more of churches and small parochial houses that could maybe be turned into 4 or 5 apartments.  Small sites.

Time is not right .Wait until they up the Density so they can triple or quadruple units per hectare .ALL of the Nass Road between Mc Donalds and the Red Bull Roundabout on the right on the way out is rezoned for high rise buildings .The eyesore at Black Horse was built in line with the Shyline Preservation order .It is 9 stories high the next nearest building within 1 mile  can now be 18 stories then double that they can build shy scrapers of 31 stories .Twice the height of the tallest Monument (Spire ) in line with the Dublin City Charter .There is no lack of building land plenty rezoned the issue is developers are waiting for somebody to pony up to build the interim 18 story first to open up the shyscraper option .Ever wonder why Johnny Ronan fought so hard for the extra floors in his new development ?The Bottle Factory can now double what he built within the Skyline Preservation rules .
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 07:32:45 pm by John m »

Offline watty

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 08:50:34 pm »
Interesting times alright.  Hopefully by the time all this happens, I'll have won the Euromillions and bought Leitrim as my county estate...

Not sure of the technical term but an industrial estate near me has been put on the 'maybe' list for housing.  Already, there's a application in for a high-rise, high-quality  :-X, multi-storey apartment block that the council will probably fill with the dregs of society vulnerable people.  On the upside, I guess it will make it easier for us to know where to go to collect people doing their Post Office/Drug Screen/Drug Run.... (they like to get their moneys-worth on my side of town!)

I hope someone tells the Fire Brigade about all these new high-rises.  A few years ago, the Metro Hotel & apartments in Ballymun/Santry Lane went on fire near the top.  Unfortunately, the FB didn't have any ladders etc that could go that high.  Not sure how they put it out now that I think about. And Grenfell in the UK.  Ultimately, it was an Irish company that supplied the insulation that went on fire.

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 04:37:30 am »
.......  Hopefully by the time all this happens, I'll have won the Euromillions and bought Leitrim as my county estate...
Why would you want to buy Leitrim ?
The reason Leitrim has the cheapest housing in Ireland is because the place is infested with knackers !!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 08:18:16 am »
.......  Hopefully by the time all this happens, I'll have won the Euromillions and bought Leitrim as my county estate...
The reason Leitrim has the cheapest housing in Ireland is because the place is infested with knackers !!
Birthplace of, and much beloved by, John Mc Gahern, one of our greatest writers.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 09:11:38 am »

Wer yu hear that Ken?   I taut it Was because the land is all bog an ya can't grow antin ...an a cow wud drown  or get stuck on it ..
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline watty

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 09:12:24 am »

I'll need peasants when I'm lord of the manor!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 09:01:09 pm »
My lovely Leitrim was a No1 hit in Eire a good few years ago!….so
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2023, 09:41:38 pm »

I'll need peasants when I'm lord of the manor!
God be with you if'n you hire the knackers to work fer you !

Show Unread Posts