Author Topic: Cheltenham Bet  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Cheltenham Bet
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2023, 06:46:29 pm »
11/8 Doc... Probably tipped by every tabloid published, not a working man's price anyway.

Despite not winning an EV nua I didn't have a bad Cheltenham. To be honest not losing too much would have been a result but I finished €389.79 ahead, only dropping €9.75 on Friday, thanks to a shed load of free bets. Still. I like to have a bit of a moan so I will... I had two free tenners on the last @ 5/1. The industry SP was 6/1 (7.00) and BSP was 9.22 but the shower I had the free tenners with (Novibet) only settled at 5/1 i.e. not BOG. If I didn't have the free bets I woulda done it on the exchange and collected at 9.22 i.e. I woulda collected another 6 tenners plus my stake... ah well, not long to Aintree!

Offline Belker

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2023, 01:26:01 am »
.... On the subject of free bets, ...... Anywaysanall I did find a new shower called Livescorebet, opened my account, lodged my tenner and was rewarded with 4 free tenners, ......
I had a peep, you need to lodge a minimum of €20 to open an account, bad start as the Bobo is only to lodge a Tenner.
Anyway I persevered, uploading the documents was the usual pain but easily enough done on the 2nd attempt.

I had my qualifying Tenner on the Italy V England DRAW tomorrow night @ 3.1 to get my 3 x Free Tenner bets opened and hopefully make a small few quid fer nothing before the 14 day qualifying time expires.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2023, 11:15:46 am »
Not sure why you had to lodge €20, Ken. As per screenshot below I only had to lodge €10... but they sent me another lodge €10 get one tenner free so I lodged another tenner this morning that I'll squander this afternoon!

The one I forgot about is Novibet. They give you 5 free tenners for a real tenner bet... although I had another look at that this morning and curiously it says "full amount awarded on losing first bet only"... I didn't notice that when opening Mrs. Catcher's account (I done mine last year) but her first bet did indeed lose, in fact the yoke could be still running, she's bad luck, no doubt about it!

However she is waiting for a ton back for her tenner. She still has to verify her account, a process that is somewhat more complex than with most other firms requiring driving licence / passport, picture of debit card (obscured) and a utility bill / bank statement. Livescorebet and Tote only needed the driving licence and (believe it or not) Bet365 paid out on her account last year without any verification process being completed... but they seem to be excluding Ireland from welcome offers this year.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 11:21:56 am by Rat Catcher »

Offline Belker

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2023, 08:57:45 am »
When I went to deposit it stated minimum deposit was 20 Euro.

Anyway me qualifying Tenner bet on the Italy draw was a loser and only 1 of the 3 Aussie 'hot-pot' nags I had the 3 x free tenners on won @ 4/5 and I threw the 18 quid on a few in-play 'hot-pots' to bring it up to 25.40 which I withdrew.

I still got 'The Hump' with the gambling world in general since my Brazil fiasco last December !
It wasn't the Duece n odd that it cost me as I made more than that overall in the tournament, it was the thought and planning that went in to that long odds Bobo bet and fer them to be 1/6 to qualify against Croatia and then a goal up at half-time in extra-time trading @ 1.03 only to go on and lose the match.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2023, 04:29:47 pm »
Weird... but, assuming you opted to receive future offers by email, I doubt you'll be waiting long for another tenner. I put yesterday's real tenner on a 11/10 winner and lost the free bet but then got another "deposit and bet" a tenner for a free tenner within an hour. As I had €21 in the account I decided to try betting without depositing and that worked. Alas, both the real money and free bets lost!

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2023, 09:30:55 am »
Weird... but, assuming you opted to receive future offers by email, I doubt you'll be waiting long for another tenner. I put yesterday's real tenner on a 11/10 winner and lost the free bet but then got another "deposit and bet" a tenner for a free tenner within an hour. As I had €21 in the account I decided to try betting without depositing and that worked. Alas, both the real money and free bets lost!
I have totally lost all interest in the game, was bored watching the screens on the last venture and delighted to get me Fiver profit and pack up.

Offline John m

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2023, 11:33:54 am »
I have totally lost all interest in the game, was bored watching the screens on the last venture and delighted to get me Fiver profit and pack up.

Hard to have any interest anymore as a Punter when the fav for the Pertempts @Cheltenham 24 runner handicap opens 3/1 having gone up 11lbs from its last run .Bookies are killing their own game .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2023, 03:44:36 pm »
I'm not sure bookies' margins have grown to any significant extent over the years, erm. I guess there's just a lot more information around these days so the top of the market is where the money is going to concentrate. For the most part it's the punters determining prices on the exchanges nowadays... just look at the difference between "industry" and Betfair starting prices, particularly at prices over 5/1ish...

Show Unread Posts