Author Topic: Aliexpress  (Read 3156 times)

Offline John m

Re: Aliexpress
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2023, 11:23:53 am »
More than likely a light will come on in your dash.
Fer the sake of .10 cent, Its worth a chance !

The light on in the dash would wreck me head.
Can you fit them yourself ?

Ali express have a thing for broken Lights 40c lump hammer ..I think you can get a gadget that reads any faults on your car and lets you delete the fault without fixing it .Lot of back street garages will turn off warning lights for you before NCT but they usually come back on if you dont remedy the fault .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2023, 11:26:44 am »
Shudda went mad and bought a fivers worth .

Offline John m

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2023, 11:39:17 am »
Shudda went mad and bought a fivers worth .

He has to pay to have his bins collected .Cost more to dump them than use them .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Horse

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2023, 12:56:36 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to save a few quid. It always ends up a complete waste of money and normally ends up costing you more. Just buy the proper bulbs ye hungry cnut.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2023, 01:10:11 pm »
Im getting my new taxi imported from China, bought it on Aliexpress for 1,000 euro, its a 2023 model, cant wait to drive it.  :D

Offline John m

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2023, 01:23:40 pm »
Im getting my new taxi imported from China, bought it on Aliexpress for 1,000 euro, its a 2023 model, cant wait to drive it.  :D

What did you buy ?You could actually buy a car on ally express and import it into Ireland .Might take a few months to get here but Dublin Docks is full of Jap imports new and part worn .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2023, 03:13:25 pm »

What did you buy ?You could actually buy a car on ally express and import it into Ireland .Might take a few months to get here but Dublin Docks is full of Jap imports new and part worn .

Citroën space tourer, €70,000 brand new if you buy it in ireland but just €1,000 on Aliexpress.

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2023, 08:04:00 am »
It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to save a few quid. It always ends up a complete waste of money and normally ends up costing you more. Just buy the proper bulbs ye hungry cnut.
I hardly expect them to work as good as a normal bulb, but fer the sake of the Ten cent they will be kept as a handy back-up if ever required.

Offline Belker

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2023, 08:12:52 am »
The light on in the dash would wreck me head.
Can you fit them yourself ?
No light on the dash in my Avensis comes on if a headlight bulb is gone.

As fer fitting them myself, it's hard going the First time but a Doddle after that.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2023, 08:13:03 am »
How often do you go through bulbs Belker doing nights?

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2023, 08:18:07 am »
How often do you go through bulbs Belker doing nights?
I don't keep track, but at a guess, about a pair a year.

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2023, 08:24:39 am »
For the few quid you'd save Belker the costs of a melted bulb which could destroy the light fitting and bumper could negate the savings.I dunno if I'd chance it as even the quality bulbs get red hot after a few hours.

Offline Belker

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2023, 08:42:02 am »
For the few quid you'd save Belker the costs of a melted bulb which could destroy the light fitting and bumper could negate the savings.I dunno if I'd chance it as even the quality bulbs get red hot after a few hours.
I would agree, I intend to keep them only as spares if I get caught out on a night shift,
as happened just last Thursday night and had to 'Wing it' fer the rest of the night on just 1 head-light.

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2023, 09:11:02 am »
The quality bulbs probably only cost a few cent to manufacture also but they'll test them thoroughly to avoid any potential claims.

Just make sure you keep your safety kit with ya!

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 10:26:25 am »
Ken  yur a bleedin mad ting ...can I ask ya why ya post continually about making 1000s a week on one hand ...an then post ya found headlite bulbs for a penny the next ?
Then ya keep callin taxi drivin a "career" an  yu say on one hand yur a  "professional"  an on  the other
Yu buy  vehicle critical safety items  off a dodgy
Chinese website that potentially cud cause yur
Car to go up in flames ? Or at the very least will fail at nite wen yu most need them  ....?
The mind boggles  ::)

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts