Author Topic: Aliexpress  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Aliexpress
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2023, 06:14:39 am »

Offline Belker

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2023, 06:34:02 am »
i bought a pair of philips ultinon led headlight bulbs a few months back. 150 quid for two of them.
they're the dog's bollocks. 4 times as bright as a normal bulb.
little turbine fan on the back of the bulb to keep them chilled. proper quality when holdin them in your hand.
the difference when i put them in was unbelievable. i'll never go back to normal bulbs.
https://www.ledperf.ie/hir2-9012-led-bulbs-kit-philips-ultinon-pro9100-lum11012u91x2-p-111473.html?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw29ymBhAKEiwAHJbJ8gZ-qFcTGcRCNVP5jq2yX1YZ71l7DKWrYhO5v25a-VI42qy27jqTnxoCUp4QAvD_BwE
That looks good DMG, I sent them off an email asking fer the exact bulb fer a 2017 Avensis,
and had a peep at their return policy, 14 days no quibble guarantee.
I think I will give them a shot if they get back to me.

Offline Tony

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2023, 08:59:12 am »
i bought a pair of philips ultinon led headlight bulbs a few months back. 150 quid for two of them.
little turbine fan on the back of the bulb to keep them chilled. proper quality when holdin them in your hand.
the difference when i put them in was unbelievable. i'll never go back to normal bulbs.
https://www.ledperf.ie/hir2-9012-led-bulbs-kit-philips-ultinon-pro9100-lum11012u91x2-p-111473.html?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw29ymBhAKEiwAHJbJ8gZ-qFcTGcRCNVP5jq2yX1YZ71l7DKWrYhO5v25a-VI42qy27jqTnxoCUp4QAvD_BwE

Ah that's grand now you can blind every other driver on the road, them extra bright bulbs are a danger to other motorists ya blind fuck ya.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2023, 09:46:25 am »
I've never had to change a bulb on the prius .....not one ....bleedin marvellous car
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Tony

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2023, 09:54:52 am »
I've never had to change a bulb on the prius .....not one ....bleedin marvellous car

I'm the same with the superb
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2023, 03:31:56 pm »

Ah that's grand now you can blind every other driver on the road, them extra bright bulbs are a danger to other motorists ya blind fuck ya.

i blind no man ye big jessie.
they throw light much further in to the distance and to the side.
pure white light because they're led.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2023, 03:46:57 pm »
I've changed one, in a quarter of a million kilos.

Offline Belker

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2023, 12:05:10 pm »
I orered a pair this morning, mine were ony €112.55.
And I can claim it back in tax.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2023, 11:18:39 pm »
it's tricky tryin to get the balance right on the headlights with my car.
ye know the little dial.
0 blinds the fuck out of people.
between 2 and 3 usually is just about right but i think i'm still blindin cunts. maybe it's the fancy bulbs or a combination of both.
my aulwan complained for yonks that her night lights were a loada old pony.
turns out she had them pointed at the deck for years. the dial was all the way to 5.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2023, 12:13:51 pm »
Ya cant beat the spots.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2023, 03:04:55 pm »
Ya cant beat the spots.
Totally agree, I had them on my Ford Cortina Tara back in '88, they were the Dogs Bollix !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2023, 12:08:29 pm »
I just ordered 2 x HIR 9120 Avensis light bulbs on Aliexpess fer .10 cent, (Yes, Ten cents !).
https://www.aliexpress.com/
China, I'ld be surprised if you get them, and even if you do I'ld say it will be several months.

Probably doesn't matter at the price. I ordered a pair of the same part (spool cover) for my strimmer from Ali Express in the spring. Paddy delivered them within 3 weeks, cost including delivery from China was less than the price of two national (letter) postage stamps in rip-off Eire... and, better still, worked a treat so saved me the price of a new strimmer! I might treat the lawnmower to a new blade next year!

Offline John m

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2023, 12:20:19 pm »

I just ordered 2 x HIR 9120 Avensis light bulbs on Aliexpess fer .10 cent, (Yes, Ten cents !).
https://www.aliexpress.com/
China, I'ld be surprised if you get them, and even if you do I'ld say it will be several months.

Probably doesn't matter at the price. I ordered a pair of the same part (spool cover) for my strimmer from Ali Express in the spring. Paddy delivered them within 3 weeks, cost including delivery from China was less than the price of two national (letter) postage stamps in rip-off Eire... and, better still, worked a treat so saved me the price of a new strimmer! I might treat the lawnmower to a new blade next year!

Its people like you that hurt you .You can walk from your seaside Villa to your local Hardware store and but a bag of nails and the old lad behind the counter will regail you with stories of Dome Heads Crossheads and Countersunk Screwheads .What will your purchases from Red China do to his bottom line ?Some day when you need a small bag of sand for your incontenant cats litter tray and you arrive to see an out of business sign on the his door remember your Alli Purchases contributed .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2023, 12:48:42 pm »
Very true, erm. We had a fantastic local hardware/builders merchant (Whites t/a Corrs) in the beautiful seaside resort town of Balbriggan which closed down a year or two back... most likely a casualty of Screwfix coming to Ireland with all sorts of hardware at the euro equivalent of UK trade prices and, yes, I did directly contribute to it's demise and I do regret that now. Of course, not dissimilar to Free Now in the taxi trade, once Srewfix attracted a sufficient number of trade clients and achieved it's desired level of market penetration the prices crept or leapt up to match the remaining Irish competition.

That said, I was in the market for a good quality wood filler recently and found this one on the Screwfix www site:
https://www.screwfix.ie/p/ronseal-high-performance-wood-filler-natural-550g/51811
At €18.45 for a 550g tub it was far from a bargain in my mind but I decided to splash out and give it a go.... so, as I generally do these days, I decided to have a look in the remaining large local hardware/builders providers, EEC - not a store I ever liked, mainly because there's no consistency in pricing i.e. you could get 3 different prices for normal everyday stuff from 3 different staff members so you need to be prepared to haggle... having the Goodwins www site open on the product you want certainly helps in that regard but it's rarely a straightforward transaction. Anywaysanall, I found the same 550g tub on a shelf in the decorating section myself priced at €34.95, nearly double the Screwfix price. I didn't bother picking it up 'cos I figured there's no way they're coming down that much but I did go to the trade counter for a bag of sand and showed the man who served me (generally one of the lower price men!) the Screwfix page on my clever telephone asking if it was correctly priced on the shelf. He advised that it was and opined that Srewfix are bringing stuff straight from the UK, circumventing the established Irish supply chain at the expense of Irish jobs. He also suggested B&Q (same company as Srewfix) and Homebase do the same suggesting that Irish firms simply can't compete with such underhanded tactics. Of course, the most expensive wood filler I've ever considered buying now became a bargain so I picked up a tub in Screwfix.

Offline Tony

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2023, 01:25:07 pm »
Temu is the dogs bollix, it's what all the young n cool people use now

https://share.temu.com/jhuTbg87GUB
Mr. T-bag to you

Show Unread Posts