Author Topic: Mugging  (Read 611 times)

Offline John m

Mugging
« on: March 22, 2023, 05:12:53 pm »
Fingal Council just passed a by law that will allow DAA to charge a drop off and pick up charge at the Airport .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline watty

Re: Mugging
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 05:16:31 pm »
HaHa!  Great minds...

I wonder if they'll charge us/our passengers or will we be allowed drop-off free of charge?  Could get ugly if loads of taxis start dropping passengers off at the boundary and letting them find their own way to the terminals...

Dublin Airport granted permission for passenger drop-off tolling system

The operator of Dublin Airport has been given the green light to proceed with controversial plans to introduce a new tolling system for motorists dropping off and collecting passengers at the airport.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 06:06:27 pm »
It's happening in the UK already.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 06:06:51 pm »
Where it will get interesting is if you're in a one way system to a barrier and the traffic is backed up with cabs and punters want to get out and walk and you have to wait in traffic and then pay the fee to get out again,ask me bollix.

Offline John m

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 06:14:47 pm »
So you are evicted and homeless and decide to emigrate and they want the last fiver they can get from you .GET A GUN .Im hearing Aprils fools Day there might be some organized Riots sorry misspelled that meant to to say Organized Protests set for Dublin .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 09:29:28 pm »
a daa spokesperson said: “Dublin Airport has no current plans to introduce drop-off or pick-up charges”.

Offline John m

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 09:31:20 pm »
a daa spokesperson said: “Dublin Airport has no current plans to introduce drop-off or pick-up charges”.

Jesus Ken give a whore a cunt and she wont sell it .

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 11:08:39 pm »
it's a bit of a demolition derby up there trying to drop off outside the terminals. i hate going up there.
couple of months back i saw a blaxi and another private car trade paint outside terminal one.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 11:45:27 am »
Common enough in other airports but, at least for drop offs, I guess taxis could treat the toll as a toll and pass it on to the client - albeit with no provision for profit - in accordance with the maximum fare rules specified by NTA... although Free Now could use it's influence to mitigate the same, I guess.

Show Unread Posts