Author Topic: BEWARE  (Read 588 times)

Offline John m

BEWARE
« on: March 23, 2023, 03:03:21 pm »
Let me flag this one up for you .Dont leave to much money in your Square Account if you are using their device for card payments .

Square is a financial services platform developed by Block, Inc. It is aimed at small-and medium-size businesses, allowing them to accept credit card payments and use tablet computers as payment registers for a point-of-sale system..

Block shares plunge 19% after short seller Hindenburg says Jack Dorsey’s company facilitates fraud'

Hindenberg issued a daming report called them out for money laundering .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Online watty

Re: BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 05:27:44 pm »
Square pays me every day (that I process a Square payment) so I guess the most I could lose is a day's money.

Shares of Jack Dorsey's Block Tumble As Short Seller Alleges Fraud

Shares of Block (SQ), the mobile payments provider founded by Jack Dorsey, are plunging after short seller Hindenburg Research accused the company of facilitating fraud and entered a short position against it.

Block, formerly named after its flagship app Square, is a payments provider tailored toward small and medium-sized businesses and individuals with limited access to banking services. The company’s signature apps include Square, which accepts credit card payments, and Cash App, which allows users to transfer money.

After a two-year investigation of the company’s practices, Hindenburg alleged in a report released Thursday that Block “has systematically taken advantage of the demographics it claims to be helping.”

<snip>

Hmmm, shortseller takes short position and accuses company of bad things.  Shares drop 14% in one day and shortseller wins!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 04:15:36 pm »
... and the erm tells us after the fact... typical!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 07:08:03 pm »
... and the erm tells us after the fact... typical!
Migrant?

Show Unread Posts