Author Topic: Government shut everywhere at about the same time  (Read 1049 times)

Offline John m

Re: Government shut everywhere at about the same time
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2023, 09:07:20 am »
Emer is my Local TD .Just sent her an E mail

Dear Emer .
        There is NO taxi shortage .Let me explain !There is NO lack of taxis it is lack of access and Stupit passengers who expect a bespoke service for small change and do not read the situation  .Crowds on the College Green Rank .Do they really believe any taxi coming in Georges Street or Dame Street would get as far as that rank empty?Stephens green ?Cuff Street into a dead end at Grafton Street or the Ely Place  Maze to go East  both are big AVOIDS in the  taxi mans map ,ten or 15 minutes of your valuable time wasted to reach either of those  Ranks .South William Street Closed ,Capel Street Closed .Our trip time has increased by about 6 minutes per job due to cycle lanes and road closures .That represents a 12% decrease in the amount of jobs we can cover and in our earning power .Cause and effect it really is that simple .The new traffic management caused it, the effect is increased waiting times .Reduced Wages adding more taxis will just dilute the earnings .The solution is staggered closing times and more late night bus services .

Regards .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 05:49:40 pm »
and get rid of them plastic sticks that have contributed to halving the width of some roads.. ::fds ::fds

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 05:53:58 pm »
and get rid of them plastic sticks that have contributed to halving the width of some roads.. ::fds ::fds
It was a very clever Irish person to have them all coloured black. The money is in replacing the ones mown down by motorists.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »

Dear Emer .
        There is NO taxi shortage .Let me explain !There is NO lack of taxis it is lack of access and Stupit passengers who expect a bespoke service for small change and do not read the situation  .Crowds on the College Green Rank .Do they really believe any taxi coming in Georges Street or Dame Street would get as far as that rank empty?Stephens green ?Cuff Street into a dead end at Grafton Street or the Ely Place  Maze to go East  both are big AVOIDS in the  taxi mans map ,ten or 15 minutes of your valuable time wasted to reach either of those  Ranks .South William Street Closed ,Capel Street Closed .Our trip time has increased by about 6 minutes per job due to cycle lanes and road closures .That represents a 12% decrease in the amount of jobs we can cover and in our earning power .Cause and effect it really is that simple .The new traffic management caused it, the effect is increased waiting times .Reduced Wages adding more taxis will just dilute the earnings .The solution is staggered closing times and more late night bus services .

Regards .
Dear Emer,

Perhaps if your constituents didn't consume vast quantities of alcohol and illicit drugs they could drive themselves home,

You're  welcome,

Mr. S. Bullet.

Offline John m

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2023, 06:27:32 pm »

Dear Emer .

Regards .

Emers reply ..Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch. I hope you’re keeping well.

I know that there is no shortage of Taxis. The issue is there is a shortage of tax drivers willing to work evenings and nights. Which is why I have been calling for NTA to negotiate with drivers to address the concerns you have raised such as safety and antisocial behaviour and incentivise drivers back into the night time economy

I did raise some of the points of other taxi drivers who have been in touch with me, when I was on Newstalk Breakfast this week discussing the issue. The NPHTA Spokesperson was not in agreement about changing any of the entry requirements due to concerns over maintaining quality.

I think your points about ranks and the impact of road closures etc. are very valid and I will raise your feedback further with the Minister for Transport and within my parliamentary party.

Kind regards,

Emer.

Never mentioned either (to address the concerns you have raised such as safety and antisocial behaviour)ACCESS if we cannot get to the customers we cannot pick them up ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2023, 02:55:34 pm »
Not really anything to do with Govt. Most office workers clock off around 5, most retail outlets follow similar trading hours. It's up to each business to decide staff shifts / hours of operation.

Show Unread Posts