Author Topic: circle K AIRPORT  (Read 1981 times)

Offline canofcarlsberg

• Valued Contributor
circle K AIRPORT
« on: May 24, 2023, 11:52:08 am »
Whats the story with CIRCLE K at the Airport - I received a parking fine €40 in the post today for "parking on double yellow lines at CIRCLE K". Happened 16/5 at 5.30pm - very angry female garda moved all taxis out of CIRCLE K and Mcdonalds even those in parking spots, and issued tickets to those who were not in parking spots! Surely tickets can't be issued on Garage property? I checked with CIRCLE K Manager and he said they didn't request Guards and didn't want Taxis moved.....I had just dropped about €80 there for diesel and food and was eating when she came along...... is it possible to fight this?

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: circle K AIRPORT
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 12:35:28 pm »
They can do wat they like in the airport ....
You'll just be deemed a "security threat"  or sumtin ide imagine ....
They even clamped an ambulance once I'm told ..... ::fds
You cud go to a solicitor but yu be trown more money away
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline John m

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 12:48:37 pm »
Contact Fingal County Council and see if they have taken that stretch of Road In Hand .Most of the Airport is not Public Property just like Dublin Port and the Road traffic act does not apply .It is possible the Garage address is on the old road and there may be a right of way through the Garage that would explain why taxis are not moved on .If it is a Public Road then you broke the law by parking on double yellows.
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 01:29:42 pm »
They probably don't care about the yellow lines but instead want to encourage you to buy a permit from the DAA.Pay the fine and forget about it.Next time park somewhere else.

Online Octavia1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 01:30:13 pm »
https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/help-and-support/airport-police
Says here yu can appeal fines ...
The double yellow tho be difficult to get over......if a double yellow is in place in the airport yu can bet its legit

Offline Punter

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 02:58:45 pm »
Plying for hire !

Offline John m

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 04:40:51 pm »
News that drivers may be charged to drop-off or collect passengers from Dublin Airport has been met with anger after An Bord Pleanála upheld Fingal County Council's decision to grant permission for the relevant infrastructure..DAA probably only control the Drop off and pick up points access roads could be Fingal County Council if so pay the fine 80 euro ilegal parking if it was plying for hire it would be 250 ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline vandriver

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 05:35:44 pm »
Having had dealings with that wagon of a ban garda,my advice would be to absolutely leg it out of Circle K or McD's if there is a Garda car anywhere around.
I got a letter threatening that if I was found on Airport property ever again,I would lose my license.
And now I'm a keshie!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 05:47:51 pm »
They (Gards not nearly Gards) were moving drivers off terminal 1 today who had literally just got back in their car after unloading,defo something going on there.

Offline silverbullet

Offline John m

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 06:34:01 pm »
https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/at-the-airport/airport-bye-laws.pdf?sfvrsn=d6b1f108_2

Have at it.

618/14/15.

(15) leaving a vehicle at an airport longer than is reasonably necessary for
the transaction of the business for the purpose for which it was brought there
or parking or leaving a vehicle in a manner, at a location or at a time other than
as permitted by or determined from time to time by the airport authority;

Offline watty

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2023, 06:52:55 pm »
They (Gards not nearly Gards) were moving drivers off terminal 1 today who had literally just got back in their car after unloading,defo something going on there.

Airport car parks are fully booked for the weekend so presumably the airport is too.  Gonna be lots of private cars dropping off/collecting and just blocking the terminals while they wait.  If they tell the private cars to move, they could reasonably ask "where to?"

We're easy targets.  Haven't been to T1 for awhile but T2 is a disaster with cars just parked waiting.

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2023, 06:59:58 pm »
Can't understand why they let private cars park on both T1 and T2 and creating the chaos that is does.....but when both arrivals are overrun this summer with fukall taxis to shift passengers....there won't be a security person to be seen or fines issued.

Online Octavia1

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2023, 07:42:54 pm »
Thers loads blokes in taxis sittin at arrivals lately .....wats that all about ?
Are they plyin gor hire or booked ?
I taut yu cudny sit at arrivals or yu be fined ...maybe the pigs are reacting to that trend ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 09:51:17 am »
Having had dealings with that wagon of a ban garda,my advice would be to absolutely leg it out of Circle K or McD's if there is a Garda car anywhere around.
I got a letter threatening that if I was found on Airport property ever again,I would lose my license.
And now I'm a keshie!
If the airport is really that busy then having a Kesh pass would seem worthwhile.

Show Unread Posts