Author Topic: Plagiarism  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Plagiarism
« on: May 06, 2024, 01:35:21 pm »
Getting complaints again. When copying and pasting articles from the internet you must provide a link back to the source and you must not copy and paste paywall protected content. Where an article is behind a paywall a link to the article may be provided with or without any unprotected content (sometimes the first paragraph or whatever).

I know we've been down this road before and certain posters refuse to comply with what's required necessitating constant babysitting by admin. As we have no admin other than me and my interest doesn't extend to constant or daily monitoring I would ask that all posters follow the guidelines. Otherwise I'll have no option but to close the forum permanently.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
Re: Plagiarism
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 03:23:02 pm »
Getting complaints again. When copying and pasting articles from the internet you must provide a link back to the source and you must not copy and paste paywall protected content. Where an article is behind a paywall a link to the article may be provided with or without any unprotected content (sometimes the first paragraph or whatever).

I know we've been down this road before and certain posters refuse to comply with what's required necessitating constant babysitting by admin. As we have no admin other than me and my interest doesn't extend to constant or daily monitoring I would ask that all posters follow the guidelines. Otherwise I'll have no option but to close the forum permanently.

The poster can only post the headline? !! So it's up to the reader if, they as individuals are interested, to pay the fee to read the rest of the article.

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 09:27:15 am »

What are the guidelines ?
Or where can they be viewed ?

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 01:07:35 pm »
Just post the link to article with your own take . All media is copyrighted including photos.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 07:32:58 pm »
Odd that they're interested in a site with approximately eight members.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 08:21:36 pm »
And that 8 includes a few multi personality members... rofl

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 11:53:38 pm »
Examples of offending posts?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 10:35:29 am »
As Rats posted above :
Any news article without a link to the website.
Any paywall article that`s posted in entirety with or without link.
Any photo posted without owner`s / photographer`s credit.

Rats may have more.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 08:47:14 pm »
As Rats posted above :
Any news article without a link to the website.
Any paywall article that`s posted in entirety with or without link.
Any photo posted without owner`s / photographer`s credit.

Rats may have more.
RC  is threatening to shut down his publishing empire, typical of:

RUPERT BURDOCKS

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 12:25:31 pm »
So is it only links only in future?. Most papers dont supply links? What am I missing. :-\
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline watty

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 05:43:08 pm »
The link is in the web address at the top of the page.  For example, this page is http://intaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=16894.0

Sometimes you can also get a link if the page has a 'share' option (like YouTube for example)

Irish Times Example:
Man jailed for ‘ferocious assault’ on former partner while locked inside taxi

In this Irish Times story, you could choose the "https://...." address at the top of the webpage but it also has a share option (see below)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2024, 06:52:43 pm »
I think that overall…Rats thinks that the forum is past its sell by date and he gets very little out of this dated taxi chat THingy.Maybe we should have a sensible discussion on the future of In Taxi and then let Rats decide if he wants to continue or if ANO will take on the …..Forum. Sure we cant even organise a good piss up anymore,so I ask the question…..Why should Rats continue? ::fds
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2024, 01:03:33 pm »
I think that overall…Rats thinks that the forum is past its sell by date and he gets very little out of this dated taxi chat THingy.Maybe we should have a sensible discussion on the future of In Taxi and then let Rats decide if he wants to continue or if ANO will take on the …..Forum. Sure we cant even organise a good piss up anymore,so I ask the question…..Why should Rats continue? ::fds

It's cheaper than a shrink  ::sleep
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2024, 02:29:34 pm »
Even the shrinks wouldn't come on here...for their own sanity!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2024, 04:02:55 pm »
BhT helpfully summed up what's required i.e. a link to the page you copy and paste from. If the content is behind a paywall only the link should be posted. I guess posting pay per view "news" articles is not dissimilar to the gangsters that sell us IPTV i.e. it breaches copyright laws. It's not difficult to post a link, I always do so myself when I copy and paste an article and so does Watty.

Show Unread Posts