Author Topic: NCT / LRA Lead Times  (Read 218 times)

Offline Bob Shillin

NCT / LRA Lead Times
« on: September 05, 2024, 04:43:43 pm »
I've forgotten how long in advance of expiry one can have a licence renewal appointment, and I know that it's 90 days for the NCT, is it 60 days for the LRA? My licence expires 14/3/2025, and I'm leaving the country on a sabbatical on 30/1/2025.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: NCT / LRA Lead Times
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2024, 03:31:26 pm »
I think you're right there Bob.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2024, 05:09:21 pm »
Thanks, I just confirmed it, 2 months, on the interweb.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 05:59:31 pm »
You should get an automated email during the night when the two month window opens.

Offline John m

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2024, 07:40:43 am »
I've forgotten how long in advance of expiry one can have a licence renewal appointment, and I know that it's 90 days for the NCT, is it 60 days for the LRA? My licence expires 14/3/2025, and I'm leaving the country on a sabbatical on 30/1/2025.

Give us all your paperwork if you need to and I will bring it over for you .If that helps .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2024, 10:46:23 am »

Give us all your paperwork if you need to and I will bring it over for you .If that helps .
Thanks John, but I should have said vehicle licence renewal assessment, and I'll be taking the car with me.

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2024, 12:57:28 pm »

Thanks John, but I should have said vehicle licence renewal assessment, and I'll be taking the car with me.

It is 60 days Bob but by calculations...using a calendar and counting back from your expiry date you should be able to arrange your LRA from Jan 13th 2025.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2024, 01:16:49 pm »

It is 60 days Bob but by calculations...using a calendar and counting back from your expiry date you should be able to arrange your LRA from Jan 13th 2025.
Cheers, get the ducks in a row, and no failures.

Show Unread Posts