Author Topic: How good is your motor NCT results  (Read 8492 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: How good is your motor NCT results
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:03 pm »
My MKII Octy has failed it's initial test twice out of four tests. Once for insufficient thread on a tyre and last year for a leaking shock absorber and a worn wishbone bush. All rectified at no great cost and passed on first retest both times.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 03:02:00 pm »
This 6 month nct is a bit of a pain.I'm back in on Thursday evening and it feels like I was only there.Should pass unless I've missed something.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:58:24 am »
With the option to renew 3 months in advance you should be able to schedule two tests per year pretty close to each other so there's unlikely to be much wear and tear between the two.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:25:32 am »
It would be good if they could text us when the nct is about to expire.I almost forgot this one.Even my bin company sends out a text every week at the same time to tell me which colour bin to put out.

Most of the time I don't know what day it is nevermind date.I have on occasion asked the wife what month we're in.Curse of the smartphone talking it's toll on my memory.

john m

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 09:39:34 am »
It would be good if they could text us when the nct is about to expire.I almost forgot this one.Even my bin company sends out a text every week at the same time to tell me which colour bin to put out.

Most of the time I don't know what day it is nevermind date.I have on occasion asked the wife what month we're in.Curse of the smartphone talking it's toll on my memory.

Jesus Wept..Even my bin company sends out a text every week at the same time to tell me which colour bin to put out.Did you have to sign up for the special needs bin collection option  rofl rofl rofl

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:20:26 am »
City bin company.The red bins.It's actually a very usefull feature.Every week Monday night 7.09pm the text is never late.I think they're e training me.

john m

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:34:05 am »
City bin company.The red bins.It's actually a very usefull feature.Every week Monday night 7.09pm the text is never late.I think they're e training me.

Do you need one of them government ID cards to get your bin picked up?

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 11:23:11 am »
No thankfully they take credit card over the phone.

john m

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 11:39:23 am »
No thankfully they take credit card over the phone.

Whats the world coming to when you have to pay the binman by Credit Card .I remember fitting a new kitchen for me mother and telling her to order a skip .She said just leave out the old one and the fridge and cooker Ill give the bin men £20 and they will take it .Bin men arrive Mother slips them a score and the lot is thrown into the truck .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 12:03:56 pm »
I'm surprised they haven't tipped that Prius in the back of the bin truck by now!!

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 12:26:41 pm »
It's in better mechancical condition now than when I bought it 4 years ago Hal.Just replaced one of the hatch struts.It's turning into a restoration project.How's your fancy new one holding up?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 12:34:10 pm »
Sure it's grand anall.....bought two bulbs for it last month!!

Offline sore

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 01:23:18 pm »

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 02:24:03 pm »
'It was revealed that for cars dated 10 years or older, the Toyota Prius has the best first-time pass rate at 62pc. Additionally, Toyota occupies four slots of the top 10 first-time passes for cars 10 years or older.'
Prius has no emmsions tests.And it's a Toyota.

Show Unread Posts